Neutral Palette - Best bang for my buck

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm overwhelmed with all the neutral palette choices...I love the idea of the Urban Decay Naked palettes but I'm a SAHM and we live on one income so $52 is kind of a big purchase for me. What other neutral palettes are out there that will give me the most for my dollar??

I think you should check out theBalm's Nude'tude. They're quality isn't as superb as UD's shadows, but they're definitely good for the price point. I have the Nude'tude and use it pretty much every day as my go to palette. They have 50% off sales on theBalm's website a lot and also theBalm is on hautelook a lot so you can always find it for around $18 which is a steal.

theBalm was recently on hautelook so it might be another month or so, but I think they're worth it.

try putting together an inglot palette. You get to choose the colors you want, there's a super LARGE selection of colors, the pans contain a lot of product and the quality is absolutely amazing. Also, for $6 a pan, theyre super affordable. 

I really like the Sleek Au Naturel palette. It has matte and shimmer shades, and I really like the packaging. You can get it for $11.49 on Amazon. 

i think you should check out Lorac Unzipped. it's cheaper than NAKED, and i honestly think better quality. there are no duds in the eyeshadows, and is a well balanced combination of lighter and darker neutrals. there's also a variety of hues/undertones in the palette. it's my favorite neutral palette, and i have a LOT.

I'm going to second the balm's nude tude. One of my favorite brands, and full price its still less than a UD naked palette. Wait for a sale though, and you can get it for under $20. 

I've never tried a Nyx pallette, but their trios and single shades are really nice which I have tried. Nyx stuff is usually pretty cheap. They have many neutral pallettes.

Quote: Originally Posted by eucala08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've never tried a Nyx pallette, but their trios and single shades are really nice which I have tried. Nyx stuff is usually pretty cheap. They have many neutral pallettes.
I had the NYX naturals palette (I think that's what it's called, it's a 6-pan palette with a clear lid) and I was really unimpressed. The pigmentation on the lighter colors was not good at all, the only one I used was the darkest, a really deep matte brown. Not really worth it, even though it is cheap. But the other neutral palettes might be better.

Another vote for TheBalm's Nudetude palette!!! I love the pinky champagne shades in that palette, it's a mix of shimmers & mattes too.

For a super cheap option, I'd try ELF's Natural/Bronzed Beauty Book ($5) or the Baked Eyeshadow Palette in California ($10). They're not Naked palettes but they should hold you over until you get Naked. NYX neutral palettes always catch my eye too...

I have the Coastal Scents 28 neutral palette and love it.  Wait till it's on sale though (which is often)  and you'll get it for about $12.

I have the Lorac femme fatale palette it has 10 eye shadows and is good for travel.

I just found this website, looks like they have a lot of the same palettes as Coastal Scents but with free shipping worldwide, and there are some other ones too, all at really good prices:

http://www.tmart.com/Eye-Shadow/

They seem to have a dupe for Naked Basics, a Naked dupe, and the 28 Warm neutral palette. I've never ordered from them so I can't personally vouch for it but it's all soooo cheap! They also have blush palettes.

Back