• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dancersmum

shopaholic
Reaction score
Dear all,

I love MUT...and now that black friday and cyber monday orders are almost done I thought it would be fun to start a new thread so that we can continue to share the love of shopping for all the pretty things!

I know that I really should be going to the no buy thread...but I also know that this is so much more me lol

Thanks to the wonderful & generous ladies at MUT I've tried new brands and shopped new sites and now fully understand "cart tetris"!  Rather than wait all year for the next BF & CM deals I'm hoping that we can have another thread & continue to share our love of all things beauty.

Happy holidays everyone!

Did we want more sitewide deals or just any find?

Because Ulta has their Too Faced Be Merry and Bright palette set for $38 down from $45

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5900447

Too Faced Jingle all the way palette and Iphone case for $19 down from $25

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5900445

Too Faced All I want For Christmas set for $36 down from $45

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5900443

The tarte Stop and Stare set for $27 down from $39

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5890198

The tarte lip gloss and clutch set for $22 down from $32

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5890206

Edited to add:

the Stila Kitten set for $15 down from the sale price of $25 and the original price of $32

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod5900399

and a 4 piece Bare Minerals set I haven't seen before for $10 (might not be new) contains a mini blush mini mascara, mini eyeshadow and a mini gloss

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod6320053

Last edited by a moderator:
[@]tweakabell[/@] you always find the best deals...I'm scurrying over to check out that tarte deal - thanks!!

I want the stop and stare set but I just bought the black market set from Sephora when it dropped in price. That tarte set breaks down to $5 a liner and $2 for the mascara though. That's drugstore prices...

I could talk myself into anything
rolleyes.gif

Also the Black Friday Laura Geller set that sold out is back in stock for the same price of $19. I have this set and can provide swatches if you missed out on it on BF. The good thing about Hubby not being home for Christmas is he can't tell me not to play with my presents 

Last edited by a moderator:
Urban Decay has a good shipping deal going on.  They have free next day UPS shipping on orders over $35, no promo needed.

I decided to give in to buying a revolution lipstick.  I liked the formula of all the samples I've gotten over the last couple months, but could never decide on a color.  After going through my vanity, I don't need any more neutral or peachy colors...So I picked up "Shame", with a lip liner that matches on sale for 8$, and some lip primer potion on sale for $9.  They put a trial bottle of the B6 primer spray and also a trial de-slick primer spray in my cart for free.   Not bad for 39$ plus tax, with free shipping worth 27$, lol.

This isn't makeup related -- but if you're the owner of an iPhone5, an iPad mini, or an iPad 2, 3, or 4 --- you need to go to Fossil.com! They have tablet sleeves and phone cases for $4.99. Some priced as high as $50 originally. Free shipping site wide. I just bought a super cute iPad case! for just under $6 shipped!

Don't tell the ladies in the low-buy thread, but I'm subscribing here too.  My low-buy excludes awesome deals, so I think I'm safe ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll keep my eyes open and post here if I find anything good!!

Don't tell the ladies in the low-buy thread, but I'm subscribing here too.  My low-buy excludes awesome deals, so I think I'm safe ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll keep my eyes open and post here if I find anything good!!
Lol I love it! But really there's no point paying more for something you know you're going to buy farther down the road. I like no/low buys but if it's an awesome deal I'm not going to beat myself up about saving money because I didn't stick to a goal that I set. It makes no sense to skip a sale on something during a no buy and then paying more next month because the sale is over.

Quote:Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol I love it! But really there's no point paying more for something you know you're going to buy farther down the road. I like no/low buys but if it's an awesome deal I'm not going to beat myself up about saving money because I didn't stick to a goal that I set. It makes no sense to skip a sale on something during a no buy and then paying more next month because the sale is over.

This! -- case in point -- yes to sale. I could've gotten away with spending $20 for myself, easily. However, I have two friends who are having babies in March/May. I mean, I clearly know a gift will be needed. So, rather than pay $7.99 for baby lotion from YesTo (which I love!), I got that, nose wipes, and baby shampoo/body wash for $6 total. (That's essentially around a $25 gift in and of itself). I also know those babies will be born to tired mamas... so rather than show up at the hospital with a gift for baby, like alot of folks do, I show up with a gift for mom! This time, the gift is going to be a value pack of yesto wipes, a calming night cream, and undereye dark circle corrector (like a $45 gift!!) that I only paid $8 for. So while I didn't want to spend $50 today -- I saved myself FAR more than $50 in the long run! Planning ahead saves me alot of money! At least that's what I tell myself.

[@]tnorth1852[/@]. Love that you are such a caring and thoughtful friend! Those are such great gift ideas for new mothers!

i don't know if you guys shop a lot at hsn.com, but i found that they have good deals there! i got soooo many goodies for less. you have to pretty much stalk the site though so as not to miss out. LOL 
w00t.gif

So far, these are my HSN purchases:

Benefit Watts up (full size) + They're real mascara (full size) for only $22.50

Benefit Hoola bronzer (full size) + Hoola lip gloss (full size) for $9.50

and then last night i just got:

Korres Greek Yoghurt sleeping facial (full size) + Greek yoghurt day moisturizer (25% of full size), TWO of each, for only $30!! (i had to pay $5 shipping for this one) 

i used coupons with these purchases btw.

not too bad, huh? 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

a couple of days ago, they also had the Deborah Lippmann 12-piece nail polish set that retails for $59, for only $39. i didn't snag it though, cause i'm only a little bit interested in nail polish nowadays.

from now on, i'll post here the other great deals that i find on the site!

Yup I went a little crazy on the YTC sale but I didn't know where to start plus shopping for my mom,husband, his friends and having extras in the gift closet and there's no way I was going to turn down a chance like that and technically I stayed in their guidelines.

Not beauty-related, but as I know there are a lot of tea drinkers here:

http://www.harneys.com is having a sale of 20% off any order through 11:59pm eastern tomorrow (12/13).  Code is RED13

If you miss that one, PCHOL13 will get you 10% off online orders through 12/31/13

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i don't know if you guys shop a lot at hsn.com, but i found that they have good deals there! i got soooo many goodies for less. you have to pretty much stalk the site though so as not to miss out. LOL 
w00t.gif

So far, these are my HSN purchases:

Benefit Watts up (full size) + They're real mascara (full size) for only $22.50

Benefit Hoola bronzer (full size) + Hoola lip gloss (full size) for $9.50

and then last night i just got:

Korres Greek Yoghurt sleeping facial (full size) + Greek yoghurt day moisturizer (25% of full size), TWO of each, for only $30!! (i had to pay $5 shipping for this one) 

i used coupons with these purchases btw.

not too bad, huh? 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

a couple of days ago, they also had the Deborah Lippmann 12-piece nail polish set that retails for $59, for only $39. i didn't snag it though, cause i'm only a little bit interested in nail polish nowadays.
HSN also has the spin2win game going right now where you can get 15% OFF or free shipping, not guaranteed of course but it doesn't hurt to play before you order.

Quote: Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  HSN also has the spin2win game going right now where you can get 15% OFF or free shipping, not guaranteed of course but it doesn't hurt to play before you order.
i used that spin2win and got a 15% off. i think i had to 'spin' ~12 times or so. i find it silly that they won't just give the code...but, I LOVE HSN!!!!

i still haven't used mine yet cause you can only use 1 code per order.

Bodyshop has a good deal on - 50% off with JOYBAG at checkout They also have a pwp Joy in a Bag is a $145 value that you can buy for just $45 with any $30 purchase. This set includes the cute tote bag plus nine full size products. The above coupon isn't valid for the pwp but is valid on items to qualify for the purchase!

This will sound super irrational but I want to buy an iPad case because there's a 50% shot I might be getting one for Christmas from my boyfriends mom. We'll see!

This isn't makeup related -- but if you're the owner of an iPhone5, an iPad mini, or an iPad 2, 3, or 4 --- you need to go to Fossil.com! They have tablet sleeves and phone cases for $4.99. Some priced as high as $50 originally. Free shipping site wide. I just bought a super cute iPad case! for just under $6 shipped!

Quote: Originally Posted by usofjessamerica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This will sound super irrational but I want to buy an iPad case because there's a 50% shot I might be getting one for Christmas from my boyfriends mom. We'll see!

Bahahaha I'm the same way.  I'm planning on buying one in the new year- for graduate school, so.. who can pass up a $5.00 case?  I was also thinking the same thing for the iPhone 5, but talked myself out of it because I'm not into any of the cases particularly..

Haha my sister and I love ALL THE CASES. There's 6 we're deciding between!

Bahahaha I'm the same way.  I'm planning on buying one in the new year- for graduate school, so.. who can pass up a $5.00 case?  I was also thinking the same thing for the iPhone 5, but talked myself out of it because I'm not into any of the cases particularly..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back