dancersmum

Enablers...and anyone who wants to share their shopping deals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by normajean2008 View Post

I couldn't stand the unknown about my Illume order last night.  Ended up emailing them through their contact form.... and then placing a second order...

I wasn't expecting any response until next week probably, because it said 1-2 business days for a response, but this morning I got a call from them!  She said my order is all packed and ready to ship, except one item (my orange/cranberry candle) went out of stock.  Offered a refund on it or a replacement.  I opted for replacement, she went through the scent family options and asked what I liked more, I said woody/floral, and she went through the list of scents available.  I chose Balsam Cedar, which I like, and wasn't even listed for sale online anymore, so score!  :D

I hope my second order ships out a little faster though this time around.  And I just realized I forgot to select a free sample scent pot on that order, lo, oops!  Oh well.

I can't wait for mine either. When did you place yours? I placed mine on the 16th and a second order on the 17th. I hope I get it soooooon. albert.gif

Just placed my second Illume Candles order because I loved the mini Tangerine Teakwood so much. XD So I ended up getting a Tangerine Teakwood in a retro tin. 

• Like 1

I love the tangerine teakwood. It's the one we liked best and the first we started burning.

• Like 1

If any of you are fans of the "celebrity" fragrances I was just at Target and they had the gift sets that include the perfume, roller  ball and lotion 70% off so they were 8.98 (had been 29.99)  My store had the red and blue Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj.  I was so tempted to get the Nicki Minaj one!

They also had Bodycology sets with a mini lotion, shower gel and spray for $1.49.  And cake batter chapstick.  3 tubes for $2.49 (only marked down 15%) these I bought! 

• Like 1

So

If you lived nearby, I'd hand you the tube and say "take it for a test soak for your next 2 baths:bath:  , then give it back to me so I can get a couple rounds in too!"
So wish I lived near quite a few of you! Formosahoney if I did I would sooooo want to meet up for coffee with you (despite the fact that I don't drink coffee lol). I swear some of you ladies are simply awesome.

Holy smokes....Pacifica order already shipped - doing the happy dance - since there is perfume it will take a while to get here but no matter...in the meantime...do I place another order?!?

@renofab Did they ever email you a discount? I'm so tempted to order more at these prices but I have no where to store it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoFab View Post

I can't wait for mine either. When did you place yours? I placed mine on the 16th and a second order on the 17th. I hope I get it soooooon. albert.gif

I ordered on the 17th, and was charged on the 18th.  The lady on the phone told me it would be ready to ship out now..but I still don't have a shipping notice.  Should be delivered by end of next week I'd assume though, based on their shipping times for west coast.

• Like 1

Darn, I love pacifica. I would JUMP on this but I was showing Hubby how far I could go in checkout with a second Stockpile and 20% in my cart after it was sold out and he ordered it so until I know if that will actually ship (my original order has, YAY), I'm trying not to order anything. Hubby doesn't care but I feel I need to reel in the spending at least until I organize, inventory and figure out what to do with everything. Maybe start a blog? Then I could use the second Stockpile as a giveaway, I guess. I dunno but I'm rambling. Side note: To those who showed concern about my lesser presence on MUT lately, it was appreciated. There was no nefarious reason, just enjoying having hubby home so I've been on when he was otherwise occupied. He leaves on Sun. so I should resume a more consistent posting. It was heart warming to know that people noticed though (proving further that I have better friends online:roflmao: )
Now that you mentioned it I did notice you weren't on but thought you mentioned your a military wife and your hubby was home. Funny how we get to know each other and our mut habits. Lol, and not in a creepy stalker way. Glad your enjoying having him home!

OMG - a 2nd stockpile :icon_eek:  - if you start a blog I'd read it! And sorry - but I thought the deal was worth sharing lol....see you caved on the pacifica deal - what did you get?...I only got the 2 scents we know (vanilla & the tuscan orange) but branched out and added the grapefruit & mango (sounds yummy) and the guava as well to the order...but I was wondering what the fig and other scents are like.  
I grabbed clearance sets at my target tonight. One 3pack of the lip glosses $4.78 and one with a lip gloss, bb, moisturizer, and coconut wipes $5.68. 400

I've been stalking this thread and I don't like 75% of the candles that I ordered off of Illume.. I'm just going to throw away the wax and use the tins if no one wants them from me =/ bleh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viccckyhoang View Post

I've been stalking this thread and I don't like 75% of the candles that I ordered off of Illume.. I'm just going to throw away the wax and use the tins if no one wants them from me =/ bleh!

I've never ordered from illume.  What don't you like about them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzie1152 View Post

I've never ordered from illume.  What don't you like about them?

Mainly the scents BUT there were flaws within the candles too like frosting (the mold like stuff that we saw on the top - btw these were on most of my candles; NO NO NO thank you), cracks in the candles (mainly all around the sides), wicks were 'torn' apart from the top layer, etc.. -sigh- yeah I'll just stick to Bath and Body Works... I can't believe that Illume is that expensive. Each candle that I received have one or more of the flaws that I listed above. I actually feel like these were the 'rejected' ones or something like that... Would I sound/look like a complete b---h if I emailed and complained to them? I spent $60 and this was just a total waste..

EDIT: and the way I mean that expensive is from their ORIGINAL price not how much the items were on sale for

I don't mind the Illume defects because they seem due to the extreme weather patterns, and are often a result of high quality waxes compared to some mainstream brands.  Often, the mainstream brands will use filler ingredients to protect against aesthetically displeasing but natural defects caused by time or weather.  So, I cut them a break.  Also, I paid a pittance for these candles. The tins alone on some of these are worth the price of admission, and I find the throw of the candles wonderful.  I'm also happy because the candles have not given me a headache even though most do these days.  I've been burning them nonstop and my home smells so pleasant!! 

I've longed Tangerine Teakwood -- it's so fresh and bright without any cloying sweetness.  And, of course, Balsam and Cedar is so warm and Christmasy.  They captured the entire holiday season into the prettiest little container.
  • Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancersmum View Post

@renofab
Did they ever email you a discount? I'm so tempted to order more at these prices but I have no where to store it all.

Yes they emailed it after about 20 minutes and I used it ASAP. So excited to get some Pacifica which was on my trade wish list for a while. I am tempted to order more too. haha

LL i do not need this. i do not need this. i do not need this. x-posted to birchbox thread
I am SO TEMPTED, I just spent an hour looking at swatches & reviews. If shipping wasn't $10 I think i'd already have checked out. Why do I cringe so frequently at the shipping costs? That's why I haven't gotten the bh galaxy chic palette. Stupid shipping. :eusa_wall: I mean, I do want my makeup to arrive intact. It's a justified cost. I'm just frugal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camel11 View Post

^ it wouldn't let me fully quote?

Anyways, I understand that they make natural candles but some of my wicks looks like they're torn apart on the top, cracks, etc. I expect them to look decent AT LEAST but mine were just ugly. I haven't used them yet but I highly appreciate your comment and how you like them :) Most of my makeup friends like Illume's candles so I thought that I should just order some but I highly regret it now =/.. Hopefully I'll get a good experience with the scents that I do like..

Mainly the scents BUT there were flaws within the candles too like frosting (the mold like stuff that we saw on the top - btw these were on most of my candles; NO NO NO thank you), cracks in the candles (mainly all around the sides), wicks were 'torn' apart from the top layer, etc.. -sigh- yeah I'll just stick to Bath and Body Works... I can't believe that Illume is that expensive. Each candle that I received have one or more of the flaws that I listed above. I actually feel like these were the 'rejected' ones or something like that... Would I sound/look like a complete b---h if I emailed and complained to them? I spent $60 and this was just a total waste.. EDIT: and the way I mean that expensive is from their ORIGINAL price not how much the items were on sale for
I'm so sorry that happened to you. I think you should email the company photos of the worst defects and see if they will do a return.

Quote:

Originally Posted by camel11 View Post

I don't mind the Illume defects because they seem due to the extreme weather patterns, and are often a result of high quality waxes compared to some mainstream brands.  Often, the mainstream brands will use filler ingredients to protect against aesthetically displeasing but natural defects caused by time or weather.  So, I cut them a break.  Also, I paid a pittance for these candles. The tins alone on some of these are worth the price of admission, and I find the throw of the candles wonderful.  I'm also happy because the candles have not given me a headache even though most do these days.  I've been burning them nonstop and my home smells so pleasant!! 

I've longed Tangerine Teakwood -- it's so fresh and bright without any cloying sweetness.  And, of course, Balsam and Cedar is so warm and Christmasy.  They captured the entire holiday season into the prettiest little container.

I'm really looking forward to the Tangerine Teakwood, got it because of MUT's recommendations!  

Just want to give a general heads-up that they are out of the Tangerine Teakwood Retro Tin, which I ordered on sale for $5.50 and they replaced mine with the Color Block retailing at $22.  Which is very sweet of them, but it is the same candle, just at full price with a different tin.  I actually wanted the Retro-Tin, really quite liked the look of it.  The color-block is just sorta pedestrian looking...  But hey, it was a very very good deal.

You should definitely email them if you're that unhappy (obvi with the flaws angle and not the dissatisfied with the scents angle!). Most of my candles from both of my orders were fine. If they had a crack in if I really just shrugged it off since a clearance sale is a clearance sale. I don't think these were rejected candles, they just had to move some inventory! Lol like I told you I *loved* the candles I got and I'm so sad you don't! I never glossed over their return policy but you should definitely at least make them aware of your dissatisfaction. They seem to be pretty stellar whenever someone on here has a problem.

Mainly the scents BUT there were flaws within the candles too like frosting (the mold like stuff that we saw on the top - btw these were on most of my candles; NO NO NO thank you), cracks in the candles (mainly all around the sides), wicks were 'torn' apart from the top layer, etc.. -sigh- yeah I'll just stick to Bath and Body Works... I can't believe that Illume is that expensive. Each candle that I received have one or more of the flaws that I listed above. I actually feel like these were the 'rejected' ones or something like that... Would I sound/look like a complete b---h if I emailed and complained to them? I spent $60 and this was just a total waste.. EDIT: and the way I mean that expensive is from their ORIGINAL price not how much the items were on sale for

HSN has free shipping on orders over $75 until Jan 27. i stocked up on korres body butters. i finished up a full size guava and because i'm supposedly on a no/low buy thought that i'd try my other body butters.....but NO! they all made my skin itchy and dry! :'( so i had to order some more of those Korres ones! they really are the best. i ordered Basil lemon butter duo, apple blossom butter duo, and a basil lemon butter/shower gel duo for a little over $75. I NEEDED THIS!

edit: i previously bought the set that includes a full size guava and travel sizes of 6 other fragrances (also available on HSN), so i was able to select my favorites! i loved guava too, but thought i'd get something else :) guava, basil lemon, apple blossom and bergamot pear are my favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saku View Post

HSN has free shipping on orders over $75 until Jan 27. i stocked up on korres body butters. i finished up a full size guava and because i'm supposedly on a no/low buy thought that i'd try my other body butters.....but NO! they all made my skin itchy and dry! :'( so i had to order some more of those Korres ones! they really are the best. i ordered Basil lemon butter duo, apple blossom butter duo, and a basil lemon butter/shower gel duo for a little over $75. I NEEDED THIS!

I've never tried Korres....Great...here we go *opens new tab and starts googling*

Has anyone ordered any of the Illume rollerball scents and care to share their thoughts? I'm curious about the Yuzu Mint and Ginger Sea Salt rollerball, but not sure if I want to blind buy since I already have so many perfumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themakeupgirl View Post

Has anyone ordered any of the Illume rollerball scents and care to share their thoughts? I'm curious about the Yuzu Mint and Ginger Sea Salt rollerball, but not sure if I want to blind buy since I already have so many perfumes.

I'm really curious about the Yuzu Mint as well!  I love grapefruit-esque scents and also mint.  I use the BodyShop Grapfruit Body Butter and LOVE it and will use Origin Leg Lift on my neck and shoulders when they are sore (Bengay and what the docs give me is just too strong, turns the skin around my neck and shoulders bright red).  The 2 smell wonderful together!  

I've also got the Origin's Ginger Cream as  GWP and like that smell too.  Never thought I'd like grapfruit/mint and ginger as much as I do.

• Like 1

I liked both the ginger sea salt and blue agave with the agave being my favorite. I almost made another order for more agave. I can give more detail later, I'm out and about right now.

• Like 1