Taking no-buys a few steps forward...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever sold their makeup? How does this go? Where do you sell e-bay? Craig's List? What if it's gently used? 

I'm starting to think I should sell some of my things.. but it's odd with makeup. 

Thoughts?

I have sold new makeup on EBay but not used, I don't think it is allowed

I have sold new makeup on EBay but not used, I don't think it is allowed
It's definitely not allowed. I had an auction for used (it was something rare, so there were a lot of watchers, which I think was what tipped off eBsy to investigate the posting further) polish canceled because of this.

I sold some used makeup through a makeup forum in my country, I barely got more than the shipping out of it, but it gave me a good feeling giving my (used) makeup a second life. Of course I made sure that everything was clean (used alcohol on everything and cut the top off some lipsticks) and added some samples to it.

You could also try a blogsale, which you can then list on a forum.

I have before through blogs and such. For me it worked well. I got rid of items that I never actually used (might have swatched once and realized it wasn't for me) and was able to get a couple of bucks out of it to put towards purchases I did like. 

Back