Help!! Really dry skin and foundation help.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sort of bummed. I have INCREDIBLY dry skin anyway, but during the winter it gets baaad! I have to moisturize multiple times a day and even then can still see flakes under my make up after just a few hours and can feel the dried out skin in my T zone.

I finally feel like I found a good color with my foundation. I have very yellow undertones in my skin and was not finding a good fit color wise with my foundation. I adore Revlon Colorstay because of the full coverage and staying power and was so happy to finally find my color by mixing buff and golden beige. The problem is that both of those colors are for oily/combo skin and I am pretty certain they are drying my skin out bad! None of the colors offered in normal/dry skin are yellow based enough and just don't match me.

I moisturize, then use a primer, then my foundation but it's still drying me out pretty bad.

So can anyone give me advice on MOISTURIZING foundations that offer a variety of colors especially for yellow undertones? I need full coverage and something that has at least decent staying power? I would appreciate any help offered. Thank you!!

I think you need to address your skin care first then your foundation. For dry skin I recommend Elizabeth Arden 8 hour, pop it on before bed and sleep then this is going to hydrate your dry skin. Then you can address your foundation. X

I know this is not the main question but I'd strongly recommend jojoba oil if you experience dry skin. I've suffered from really dry skin for a long time and jojoba oil has changed my entire complexion in a good way. Drugstore moisturizers never worked on my skin. It would moisturize my skin for maybe a few odd hours but it never helped much and drugstore moisturizers also just end up irritating my skin.I switched to jojoba oil and use it before going to bed at night and my skin is never dry anymore. 

To answer your other question, I'd recommend Elizabeth Arden - Intervene foundation. I use this foundation most of the time and it provides awesome coverage while not over drying the face. Just make sure your face is moisturized before the time. 

I think what might be happening is that the moisture isn't getting deep into the skin and hydrating it and your moisturizer just lingers on the surface.

The solution I recommend is hot oil treatments and a toner right after to lock those pores and moisture in ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> This is part of my daily routine.

1. Dampen your face with water.

2. Chose a preferably natural/organic oil. Such as jojoba oil or extra virgin olive oil. And massage gently onto your skin.

3. Take a washcloth and rinse it under hot water. Ring the water out of the washcloth so that it is damp but still steamy and hot.

4. While looking up, rest the washcloth on your face for about 2 minutes and let the steam open your pores and moisten your skin.

Your face should not feel oily after this process - if so repeat step 3 and 4.

5. Apply a nice soothing toner to seal your pores. I use Witch Hazel as a toner.

Some peoples first reaction when I tell them this process is that "oil will only clog your pores - are ya crazy?" lol but trust me I have super oily skin and this process has cured many a breakouts as well as moisturized ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also currently use Aveeno Daily Moisturizer and I love it.

Goodluck girl!

Quote: Originally Posted by Teeda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm sort of bummed. I have INCREDIBLY dry skin anyway, but during the winter it gets baaad! I have to moisturize multiple times a day and even then can still see flakes under my make up after just a few hours and can feel the dried out skin in my T zone.

I finally feel like I found a good color with my foundation. I have very yellow undertones in my skin and was not finding a good fit color wise with my foundation. I adore Revlon Colorstay because of the full coverage and staying power and was so happy to finally find my color by mixing buff and golden beige. The problem is that both of those colors are for oily/combo skin and I am pretty certain they are drying my skin out bad! None of the colors offered in normal/dry skin are yellow based enough and just don't match me.

I moisturize, then use a primer, then my foundation but it's still drying me out pretty bad.

So can anyone give me advice on MOISTURIZING foundations that offer a variety of colors especially for yellow undertones? I need full coverage and something that has at least decent staying power? I would appreciate any help offered. Thank you!!

yeah, it sounds like skincare is the big issue. Make sure that you are using a cleanser that is moisturizing as well, and a REALLY good moisturizer. I recommend any moisturizer by Elemis, ex-glow-sion by Bliss, or Hope In a Jar. Any type of face oil would be good as well. 

Back