IMATS LA 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is anyone planning on attending?

FYI: It's Jan 17-19 2014 at the Pasadena Conv Center.

It will be my first year attending and I've already begun to put together a wish list & map out my shopping route. I would love to meet up with makeup lovers! :) Let me know if you'll be out & about during that weekend.

Hey everyone! I didn't see another thread about this, so if there is I apologize. I am going to be coming into the USA in three weeks time to attend IMATS! I am super excited as I actually am going with a press pass! I know that INGLOT has 30% off and have a BIG shopping list for that booth. I hit MUFE at the Toronto IMATS in November and really don't need/want anything of theirs even with the 40% off. I know I need to hit Hakuhodo, and Bdellium tools, but aside from those, anyone know of any brands that I MUST hit?

Stila is there, but dont know what discount they offer, and if NYX has good prices, I would like to pick up the rest of the jumbo eye sticks I am missing. 

Anything else too good to miss?

Quote: Originally Posted by Polish Jinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hey everyone! I didn't see another thread about this, so if there is I apologize. I am going to be coming into the USA in three weeks time to attend IMATS! I am super excited as I actually am going with a press pass! I know that INGLOT has 30% off and have a BIG shopping list for that booth. I hit MUFE at the Toronto IMATS in November and really don't need/want anything of theirs even with the 40% off. I know I need to hit Hakuhodo, and Bdellium tools, but aside from those, anyone know of any brands that I MUST hit?

Stila is there, but dont know what discount they offer, and if NYX has good prices, I would like to pick up the rest of the jumbo eye sticks I am missing. 

Anything else too good to miss?

@Polish Jinx, this year I won't be going myself but here are somethings to do.

If you arrive the day before (Thursday) pick up your Press Pass since it'll be the quietest day to do so. On Friday it's Pro Only so even those with Press Passes can't go in (unless you have a pro card). On Saturday make sure to pick up your press kit from the front desk (where you pick up your press pass). LOTS of goodies in that bag.

If you're going to shop at Inglot make sure you have your list ready because that booth always has a line wrapped around it on Saturday and Sunday. Tell Edward and Daniel hi for my at Bdellium. Go see Brent Freedman at Vanitymark and tell him hi for me as well. Looks like Vanitymark, Lime Crime (main booth, there will be a smaller one part of a different booth) and a others won't be there this year. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (Ok, update. Vanitymark had a name change and is now simply Brett Freedman. The booth this year is called BRETT'S BROWS. Go see him and give him my love. He's amazing.)

Stila's discount is 30% if I recall right. I'd have to ask Dominick what it is for sure.

Must hit brands and/or brands that love bloggers:

• Saucebox Cosmetics
  • Lit Cosmetics
  • Sugarpill
  • Beauty So Clean
  • BH Cosmetics
  • Sigma (if you can get in on Friday they'll have a sweet gift for people)
  • Frends Beauty
  • NYX will be back this year after taking last year off from IMATS LA
  • Makeup Geek
  • Morphe Brushes (sister company to Crown Brush)
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics
  • Parian Spirit

I hope to go too, but seems like we will be out of town same as this year's, reason why I wasn't able to go.

@zadidoll's list is good. If you plan to get a lot from NYX, check their website and list the items you'd like to buy. I noticed it is one of the busiest booth the entire duration of IMATS LA last year I was there.

Also you might want to check out other stuff ahead from this MuT article: IMATS 2014 Los Angeles Complete Guide.

I'm planning on going for the first time, will be going on Sunday only as I physically cannot handle that much walking around. I would be interested in meeting up with any fellow MuTers if anyone else is interested. maybe someday by blog will be large enough to be able to get a press pass!

Hey Girl!
My names Ashley and this will be my 2nd year attending IMATS LA!~!

It would be awesome meeting up with cool new makeup enthusiasts! I may or not be heading up solo for IMATS- but if you end up going on the 18th (SATURDAY) I'd love to meet up and maybe stand in line together ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

- Ash
biggrin.gif

Hi!! I'd love to be attending! But the tickets are SOLD OUT for Sat!!! I can't believe they're sold out already!!! If anyone has tickets and won't be using them, I'm looking for two (for my good friend and I). PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE PM me!!! It could be one ticket even, or just a Sat ticket, or a two-day pass. We have tickets for Sun already, but just need Sat! And I'm not a total nut or anything, I promise...I actually have a youtube channel with about 6,000 subbies and I am just DYING that the tickets are sold out before I got mine!!!! Ah!!! xoxo -Abby

Ahh!! Guys!!! The Sat tickets are sold out already!!! Noooooo!!!!! Boo!!!! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />(( If anybody has one or two tickets for either Saturday or both days or all days or anything, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM me!!!!! I'd be eternally grateful! I'm just dying that they're sold out already...and I promise I'm not a crazy or anything (at least not too crazy!!!). I'd paypal for them or trade for them, and if you wanna check me out I have a youtube channel with about 6k subbies! Anyway, please please please let me know if you are getting rid of any!!!! Thank you guys!!! xoxo -Abby 

Oopsies!!! I don't know how I did that, but I just accidentally posted twice in this same thread. I thought I saw two threads about IMATS LA 2014, so was just trying to cover my bases...my bad, guys!!! 
whistling.gif

No worries. I merged the two posts since it's about the same topic.

In regards to tickets. For the last three years the tickets have been selling out earlier and earlier. I'm not surprised they're sold out of two day and Saturday tickets.

I will be attending IMATS (LA) for the first time this year with a girlfriend. Very excited about it, especially as I live in an outlying part of LA with limited cosmetic stores (Sephora in JCPenney, a small Macy's, and Ulta). Am making a list of products to get from BDellium, Inglots, and Makeup Geek, as well as a few misc. items from Stila, MUFE, and Sigma if I am up for the lines. My must visits are focused on lines I can't get locally. Oh, and I want to get a pair of Velour lashes too. We do Comic Con every year, so the lines won't phase me, but I do want to attend some seminars, so that may curtail going to some of the booths that are not on my must visit list. I've been reading lots of blog posts from previous years to get tips to maximize the experience.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Polish Jinx, this year I won't be going myself but here are somethings to do.

If you arrive the day before (Thursday) pick up your Press Pass since it'll be the quietest day to do so. On Friday it's Pro Only so even those with Press Passes can't go in (unless you have a pro card). On Saturday make sure to pick up your press kit from the front desk (where you pick up your press pass). LOTS of goodies in that bag.

If you're going to shop at Inglot make sure you have your list ready because that booth always has a line wrapped around it on Saturday and Sunday. Tell Edward and Daniel hi for my at Bdellium. Go see Brent Freedman at Vanitymark and tell him hi for me as well. Looks like Vanitymark, Lime Crime (main booth, there will be a smaller one part of a different booth) and a others won't be there this year. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Stila's discount is 30% if I recall right. I'd have to ask Dominick what it is for sure.

Must hit brands and/or brands that love bloggers:

• Saucebox Cosmetics
  • Lit Cosmetics
  • Sugarpill
  • Beauty So Clean
  • BH Cosmetics
  • Sigma (if you can get in on Friday they'll have a sweet gift for people)
  • Frends Beauty
  • NYX will be back this year after taking last year off from IMATS LA
  • Makeup Geek
  • Morphe Brushes (sister company to Crown Brush)
  • Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics
  • Parian Spirit
If you can verify the stila discount that would be awesome! I do love the guys at Bdellium and picked up stuff in Toronto imats a few months back. Will be picking up some more for sure! And INGLOT list is already made! haha. Sad but true! 

And thanks for all the tips. There were no press bags at Toronto IMATS!

Make sure you stop by and say hi if you pass by the NYX booth!
NYX is on my list as well (need some jumbo eye pencils and the NYX display at my Ulta is always trashed) so will definitely come say hi

Quote: Originally Posted by Polish Jinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  If you can verify the stila discount that would be awesome! I do love the guys at Bdellium and picked up stuff in Toronto imats a few months back. Will be picking up some more for sure! And INGLOT list is already made! haha. Sad but true! 

And thanks for all the tips. There were no press bags at Toronto IMATS!

I'm still waiting to hear back from him since he's visiting relatives right now.

Considering that vendors have to pay to get their items inserted into the press bags it's no surprise that there are none at Toronto or Vancouver since those are two of the smallest IMATS. Also keep in mind many of the US based vendors already have to pay tarrifs and taxes to import their merchandise into Canada plus the cost to show plus their own travel expenses so the cost to give away more stuff in a press bag is probably restrictive. It's just cheaper for them to give stuff out to bloggers directly on the floor than the press bags (keep that in mind for IMATS LA).

Also, make sure you have two types of network cards with you - a network card to give out to anyone who asks for your site info and a PR card which has your real name, address and other contact info. Why two types? Because if you get invited to press events or if a PR person asks for your contact info it's easier to have a professional card then hand writing it out. A network card can be given out to fellow bloggers to network with each other.  https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/123443/business-cards/0_100

Has anyone ever been to IMATS Pro Night? I'm wondering if it's feasible to get all my shopping done in the 3 hours they're open on Friday....

Pro Day is the best day to go shopping as it's not crowded at all. Since IMATS has implemented new card tiers I don't recall if it's open to all MUA card holders or only those with Gold cards.

I know I can get in on Friday with my card.... Just not sure how I can see everything in 3 hours! Wish me luck!

Have fun!

Turns out that Vanitymark went a name change and is now simply Brett Freedman. Brett will be there as Brett's Brows. He is the only person I allow to do my brows. He's a celebrity brow artist and I've been using his products since IMATS LA 2012. I rarely make recommendations but anyone going to IMATS should check his products out.

I will be going!  This will be my first time and I will be with two of my girlfriends.  My husband was kind enough to get tickets for all of us.  We are so excited.  I am currently planning my outfit along with my wish list.  Don't forget that there is an IMATS app to download to help you utilize your experience.  I am a short plus size girl.   I will be wearing a large burgundy sweater with long dark hair.  Shout out AngelPacifi!c and we can talk makeup!  Can't Wait.

Latest posts

Back