IMATS NYC 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
WHOO HOO NYC AND IMATS!! I've wanted to go to NYC since...I can seriously remember. Something about the big city life has always intrigued me. (I'm from the Nashville area so that's as big of a city as it gets) I fell in love with makeup about 6 years ago and have been collecting ever since. FINALLY I'll get to experience both in one! I am going to IMATS NYC this year with my mom and I almost cannot contain my excitement! I'm nervous and excited..a little scared because I've never flown either. It's just going to be a lot of fun and a lot of new things. I'm curious as to who else is going. I've seen a little bit about IMATS LA but nothing about New York.

SO let me know if you're going! Have you been to IMATS before? What are you looking most forward to? 
biggrin.gif

I've been to IMATS NY 2013 to see what the difference is.

Since you have an idea of  IMATS LA, NY is a smaller event, with booths already closed the second day.

I went with my sister-in-law and she enjoyed it because it was her first time to be in that kind of event. Lots of YT gurus, makeup artists and celebrities as well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here are few photos we took in IMATS NY 2013.

To sum it up, all IMATS are basically the same, only differs with participating vendors.

Check out A Rookie's Guide to IMATS here.

Have fun!

Thanks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am definitely looking forward to it. I plan on buying tickets for the first day so hopefully all the booths will be there and open.

I can't wait to go to IMATS NYC!!! I went to the Makeup Show Beauty Pop last December(2013) and, although it was just a "preview"of the real deal, I was totally overwhelmed with all the makeup and beauty products they were showing... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by Polly1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I can't wait to go to IMATS NYC!!! I went to the Makeup Show Beauty Pop last December(2013) and, although it was just a "preview"of the real deal, I was totally overwhelmed with all the makeup and beauty products they were showing... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I can't wait either!! I've never been to a make-up/makeu-up artist trade show before so I'm sure I'll be super overwhelmed! What are some brands you plan to buy from? 

Hiiii! Well, even though I love the established brands that are going to be there, such as MUFE, Stila and Inglot, I love even more to find new brands that offer quality products as well. And one brand I can t wait to see, only because i am saving to buy their whole line of lipsticks is Serenity and Scott Beauty. I bought some of their products at the Makeup Show Beauty Pop and really liked them! I also got to meet the owners and really liked them as well, they are very nice people with a passion,, like me. How about you? What brands are you looking to "jump into", if any? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am definitely going to get my hands on some Inglot, Sugarpill, Eye Kandy, MUFE, Lit Cosmetics, and some OCC. I am like you and can't wait to discover new beauty brands as well. My wallet isn't going to like me but I'll sure be happy 
yess.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by FrendsBeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  We'll be there! Drop by booth 730 and say hey! We'll have a bunch of goodies marked down significantly. We'll also have music, some champagne, and other cool things. Might do some giveaways too. And @beatfacehoney and @rennyvasquez will also be in the booth! =)

Matt, I just ordered a few things over the phone. Seriously man, put Nurturing Force online already! LOL It's my go-to primer and it's the only one I'll ever really recommend to people.

Hmm -- I just googled NF primer... recommended AND silcone/paraben free?? I'm very interested in this. Are any of the online dealers selling this legit?

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Matt, I just ordered a few things over the phone. Seriously man, put Nurturing Force online already! LOL It's my go-to primer and it's the only one I'll ever really recommend to people.

I know, haha. We are working on the site every day. We carry around 50,000 items and we have maybe 6,500 on the site now. Day by day, lol. But for the record, Lea did just come over and yell at me for you, ahhahaha.

Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm -- I just googled NF primer... recommended AND silcone/paraben free?? I'm very interested in this. Are any of the online dealers selling this legit?

We don't have it on the site yet, but we're an authorized dealer and if you work in the industry you qualify for discounts. =)

LOL GOOD! You should be yelled at! LOL Seriously, it's the only primer I'll recommend to people and I know you guys carry it, but not online, so when people ask me to recommend a primer and I tell them that I send them to Nurturing Force's website or Camera Ready since they carry it online. As much as I like CRC I rather send them to you guys. 
biggrin.gif

@camel11 - I use a lot of primers from various companies but I rarely recommend products because of my belief that what works on me may not work for you HOWEVER Nurturing Force Blot Out is the only primer I'll actually recommend to people. David (owner/founder of Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics) turned me onto this product and it is by far my favorite primer. I use it by itself on days I want to go foundationless but want a smooth clean look since it mattes the skin. I use it under airbrush foundation as well as liquid and cream. Honestly, I can't rave more about this primer. It's $25 retail for 0.5 ounce but you use so little of it that it lasts a long time.

I got my ticket for IMATS New York for Saturday and my friend didn't get hers in time and now its sold out :-( we are coming from Michigan and had already booked our flight and hotel so now we are praying someone will sell us their ticket :-( If you hear anything keep me in mind! We only need one. If she can't find one, I guess I will be by my lonesome :-/

Quote: Originally Posted by mcabbotts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got my ticket for IMATS New York for Saturday and my friend didn't get hers in time and now its sold out :-( we are coming from Michigan and had already booked our flight and hotel so now we are praying someone will sell us their ticket :-( If you hear anything keep me in mind! We only need one. If she can't find one, I guess I will be by my lonesome :-/

Lucky for you there are always people who end up not being able to go or whose husband doesn't want to go. lol

@zadidoll  My mom and I are attending IMATS on Saturday. What time do you think we should be there? I want to get in as soon as I can to avoid as many lines as possible 
smilehappyyes.gif

Latest posts

Back