• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I Have Fallen "Totally" In Love With Ulta!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Many times, I've seen the free with (a given amount of dollars) purchase sample bags but was slow to act on them. During this past month, I have been able to catch 3 different ones and I am so in love with each one of them, almost as much as the items that I've ordered. They each have been stuffed full of samples and products!!! Also love the fact that you can stack "free with purchase" deals through Ulta. Of course, I'm not sure if there were so many offered because of the holidays because I wasn't a member here during this time last year so at that point, I'd never even heard of Ulta or Sephora!

I did get one of those bags earlier this fall with a purchase but you had to spend $25 on Ulta brand merchandise. however, I liked the bag itself and use it to stash all my mascaras and I do like the samples that came with it. THose eye shadow quads actually worked surprisingly well for me!

I ordered from Ulta & have a GWP bag o'samples coming my way.  Too bad the delivery date is next Friday.  Their shipping is painfully slow!

I also posted this in the enablers thread, but thought I would add it here. If ulta's bag offer over laps other bags and they don't have new ones in stock yet they will send the previous bag if available, since it doesn't seem like they hold up shipping waiting for a gwp to come in stock. I loved what they sent so no reason for me to complain but I thought I would post incase people receive different bags then expected.

I do wish they carried some of the brands sephora carried though. From my must haves they are missing Fresh Laura Mercier 21 Drops

OMG! I just received my 15 piece beauty bag (the silver cheetah print).... the sizes and samples are AMAZING! The c. Booth Honey Almond body butter is 1.8 oz., the KMS Hair Stay is 2.2 oz, Marvelous Moxie in Rebel is 2.25 ml....I LOVE Ulta's bonus bags so much better than Sephora's.

Wow. I need to order for that one now, I'm curious how much I've spent on things to qualify for "free" stuff.

Quote: Originally Posted by cskeiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  OMG! I just received my 15 piece beauty bag (the silver cheetah print).... the sizes and samples are AMAZING! The c. Booth Honey Almond body butter is 1.8 oz., the KMS Hair Stay is 2.2 oz, Marvelous Moxie in Rebel is 2.25 ml....I LOVE Ulta's bonus bags so much better than Sephora's.
I know, this was one filled bag of "HAPPY"!!! As I was digging through all of these wonderful goodies, I kept thinking, "wow, this could teach monthly subs like Ipsy, Birchbox, etc. a thing or two about what a REAL sample bag is, lol! Of course, I know that $40 had to be purchased in order to get the bag but dang, it was still worth it to get products AND such an amazing bag packed with samples...

Ok, my purchase was just delivered. Although I love shopping at Ulta in person, this was my first online order. If they continue offering these bags, it will not be my last! Here are some pics:
[/img][/img][/img][/img] The bag itself is not some cheap, throwaway bag either. It is a nice thick, coated canvas, and the inside is fully lined. Edit: I should also add that I did not receive the body butter that was shown on the site. There was a substitute of the bath and body wash from the same brand (c. Booth). It is a 3 oz. bottle, Honey Almond scent, and it smells heavenly!

Quote: Originally Posted by Jill1228 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Today's loot from the Crack house...I mean Ulta

Loving Push and Shove from Gwen Stefani OPI

ROFL!!! I'm guilty also, have been surfing the Ulta site for the past hour, crunching numbers in order to get the free "skin" samples,among other things that I really want.  Btw, awesome haul!

If you're a platinum member, it's triple points this weekend

ROFL!!! I'm guilty also, have been surfing the Ulta site for the past hour, crunching numbers in order to get the free "skin" samples,among other things that I really want.  Btw, awesome haul!

Do they have bonus weeks for non platinum members other then the new bday month event?

Quote: Originally Posted by Jill1228

Loving Push and Shove from Gwen Stefani OPI

That's a gorgeous color! It looks prettier than when I looked at it in the bottle on Ulta's website. I need a new silver shade because my Zoya Trixie is running low, and was thinking of one that was a tad darker. Nice!

ETA: But I don't see that shade on the Ulta site anymore...know I checked it out just a few days ago :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by numbersmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do they have bonus weeks for non platinum members other then the new bday month event?
Right now it should be 2x bonus points for non platinum members and 3x for platinum. You can "activate" the offer by clicking the rewards section once you log onto your account. Hope this helps.

Right now it should be 2x bonus points for non platinum members and 3x for platinum. You can "activate" the offer by clicking the rewards section once you log onto your account. Hope this helps.
Thx!

OMG! I know exactly how you guys feel! I now have a new addiction! That cheetah print GWP of $40 bag was to die for! I also love the C.Booth Honey Almond Body Butter. It leaves my skin feeling so soft. It has also improved my dry "winter hands". I definitely intend to purchase a full size product of it sometime soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And what about the Prada Candy sample?! Oh my goodness! I must have this perfume!!!! The one direction was meh... but I could bathe myself in that Prada Candy XD 

New gifts with purchase alerts!!! 

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/a/Gifts-Gifts-with-Purchase/_/N-26wy?categoryId=cat930003&ciSelector=leaf

I really need to try some new skin care products... and that GWP of $50 is screaming my name!
w00t.gif
 It looks like it would be even more packed than the silver cheetah bag!

Back