*Holy Crap (HC)* List

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Opposite of 'Holy Grail"' Drugstore/ High End/ Makeup/Bodycare - whatever! What are the absolute worst of the worst products you have tried, and can warn us about? Off hand I can think of WnW Liquid Lipsticks - not for colors or pigmentation but the formula is god awful!I don't see how anyone can wear these Maybelline Falsies Mascara - Black Drama - worked beautifully for a week, then was horrible - absolutely a clumpy/ flaky hot mess! (original formula I love) Cream of Nature Moisturizing conditioner - made my hair feel like straw - horrendous

I actually like Wet n Wild's lipsticks. I do hate their eye makeup remover which burns my eyes.

CVS 3-in-1 Astringent. OMG. Burns. Like. Fire. I also hate the smell and the film it leaves after it dries. I've used a ton of astringents over the last 20 years, and none of the others have burned this bad.

Maybelline Great Lash mascara,for me it was a horrible, wet streaky mess, I've tried it 4 times over the past 30 years and regretted it each time.

LMdB True Colour Creme Eye Shadows, I can hardly believe that such crap product was even released. I mean, shouldn't they at least test it in a focus group or something??

LMdB True Colour Creme Eye Shadows, I can hardly believe that such crap product was even released. I mean, shouldn't they at least test it in a focus group or something??
I'm with you... I Luv the brand so much and I keep trying to make them work but truthfully their god awful... I still haven't given up but I'm close to throwing in the towel...

Le Metier de Beaute Creme Eyeshadow - Wow this was bad. It just went on awful and came off awful.

Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads - They were really oily and left a residue behind. They also irritated my eyes.

Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads - They were really oily and left a residue behind. They also irritated my eyes.
. Totally agree! And They have the nerve to put stickers that say #1best seller , or some crap like that.

Benefit's staniac. I hate that stuff. It's uneven as a lip gloss and I could never get it to work as a cheek stain. Is too sheer and then all of a sudden I look like a clown.

Marcelle Eyeliner - wore off crazy quickly. L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara - I love how it looks, but it would flake like crazy and I hated the smell. Organix shampoo and conditioner - I know it works well for other people, but each time I try it my hair just feels oily and heavy. Stila lip stain - applies streaky. I wouldn't repurchase but I don't mind using it up. EOS lip balm - doesn't moisturize my lips and I've tried most flavours. Had the best luck with the strawberry, though.

I agree with the LMdB cream shadows and Great Lash. Another mascara I despised was Blinc. It made my lashes look shorter than they actually are and clumped them together into about 5 big lashes. It's the worst ever for me.

Lisi has the worst lipgloss I've ever used. It had no redeeming qualities.

Maybelline BB cream was the worst I've used as well.

First thing I thought of, lol.

I may be the only one who feels this way but I'm just gonna go with NYX individual shadows altogether. I've purchased about 20 of them in various colors and while 2 of them I like, the rest are just HOLY CRAP. So un-pigmented. I keep buying them and telling myself that this one might be good and they never are 
icon_cry.gif

em Cosmetics mascara stings and burned my eyelash area. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

mor lip macaron lip balm dried my lips and eventually cracked.

SOHO brushes shed soooo bad.

Marcelle Eyeliner - wore off crazy quickly. Organix shampoo and conditioner - I know it works well for other people, but each time I try it my hair just feels oily and heavy.
This! I have tried different types of this brand too. None of them work for me.

Benefit Porefessional gave me the worst breakout of my life! I tried it twice thinking the first time was a fluke.

Quote: Originally Posted by StellaSunshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Benefit Porefessional gave me the worst breakout of my life! I tried it twice thinking the first time was a fluke.
oh wow - I absolutely love it - It fills my pores great (i have very enlarged ones from acne) and I haven't experienced breakouts from this.

Quote: Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  em Cosmetics mascara stings and burned my eyelash area. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

mor lip macaron lip balm dried my lips and eventually cracked.

SOHO brushes shed soooo bad.
I concur - SOHO is crap! I bought 2 e/s blending brushes on clearance and they did not hold their shape at all,nor blend out well at all -

Quote: Originally Posted by KaitlinKolors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I may be the only one who feels this way but I'm just gonna go with NYX individual shadows altogether. I've purchased about 20 of them in various colors and while 2 of them I like, the rest are just HOLY CRAP. So un-pigmented. I keep buying them and telling myself that this one might be good and they never are 
icon_cry.gif

thats good to know - I don't own any yet...now not sure if I want to

Latest posts

Back