Sign in to follow this  
jaylilee

January 2014 - No/Low-Buy Thread

I was good this month till today. I did renew my second Birchbox box. But they did give us 210 points so is basically paid for itself. My only other beauty purchase was hair dye, primer, and tweezers. And that all came down to less than $20.00. I still need to look at my grocery shopping. I'm not really happy with my numbers in that category.

I went to Walmart yesterday and did not buy ONE SINGLE THING. It's been 2 weeks since I made a purchase. I will however allow July to be a no-buy month since it is my birthday month

• Like 3

I did pretty good this month. Canceled some subs, only bought a few things for kids. Skipped Julep even though I wanted it. I did get a Pop Sugar box for my sister (used code to make it $20 and my mom is paying for 1/2), and my mom offered to get me a birchbox using US Weekly code. Over all I feel good, passed up a lot of sales for things. Next month is my husband's bday month so I don't think a low buy is happening.

I did well this month too.  I was going to allow myself one high end purchase and one drugstore purchase but I just didn't find anything more I wanted after all of the stuff I bought around the holidays.  So my low-buy month turned out to be a no buy month.  I plan to roll-over the money I would have used for those purchases for later in the year.  I may continue to try for no buys and continue to roll-over my make-up money throughout this time.  This way, if I do end up buying several things at the end of the year, I won't feel guilty for the amount of money I spend.

I also did not buy any bath / body products which is even more important.  That stuff expires more quickly than most makeup and I have a decent amount to use up first, esp soaps and shower gels!

I'm also happy to say I did not buy clothes.  I don't have a specific restriction on this but I'm trying to buy fewer items and make them things that I really love and will want to wear over and over.

I'm definitely going to try for a no or very low buy February.

• Like 1

Ehhhh good and bad. I spent more than my budget, but i also bought relatively little makeup. I bought a powder I actually needed, and an eyeliner and bb cream, and blush I most definitely did not need. But I DID forego any drugstore makeup ALL MONTH and abandoned many carts on websites so I'm calling the month a half success.

Complete breakdown today! I was good up until now, guess I was getting it out before February started. I will do much better in February!😈

I did not do well this month. Not at all. Not at all. Good for everyone who did, though! That's totally amazing and I hope you do just as good if not better in February!!!!

I got a bright idea to depot my eye shadows,trying to make a palate. Well  that got  rid of 3/4 my eye shadows, they  broke all over , the pots got twisted and bent. The  rest looks like a hot mess. I really want to buy the marbleized palate from BH but I  think the sale  will be over before I get paid. I'm on a marbleized eyeshadow kick now. I'm not overly sad  they were W/W. elf but still. I  was in the Dollar General looking a a cheap replacement to get me by , some lady picked up a  cheap nude palate. I'm like  NOOOOOOO  the color  pay off is horrible. Ok in my mind , I yelled it at her, she was  tickled to get a nude  dupe. I hope it works, It  didn't for me and I can almost anything work.

January was great - I didn't think it would be a success, but I managed not to buy anything. The first few weeks were difficult, but I took a photo of my whole collection and made myself look at it every time I wanted to buy something (I put it as a desktop background on my phone and computer). I was a bit tempted once HqHair restocked Naked 3, but I currently have a bunch of eyeshadow and barely touched Naked and Naked Basics, so I talked myself out of it.

Now I have 68 more days to go.

I did it! I resisted temptation and didn't get anything with my 20% off Ulta coupon. It is now expired. Yay! Honestly I'm happy with my stash and didn't NEED anything. There are a couple little things I want to get from avon in February that are on sale. That's it.

I succeeded...my only purchase was one I had alotted myself in advance as a reward for a 5 lb weight loss. (A couple of drugstore items and the Revealed palette). :)

Doing the same for February...I just have too much!

I did okay this month. I allowed my ipsy and birchbox. Used up my birchbox points and only spent $5 out of pocket. Didn't eat out too much, only bought a couple of rimmel products which are inexpensive. Used my gift cards I got from Christmas on some new clothes! I did spend a decent amount on Scentsy products but that was allowed. Now no more candles for me!! Started doing the monday club and using up products.