Glamour Doll Eyes OTM 2014 **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaganola

Uh Huh Her
Reaction score
It's a little early, but in light of something that popped up on Facebook today, it seemed like I might as well start this thread.  It looks like GDE is going to test a GWP shadow  program (at least for a month or two) *in addition to* the OTM program!  My understanding is that non-OTM orders will receive this GWP shadow, and the OTM and GWP shadows will be different.  So many colors!  I'm going to need another box!

Aaand...  Subs go up next Wednesday.  20 annual, 120 total.  I really, *really* hope I can snag an annual.  

Tips: Make sure you're logged in and your payment is on record. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm hoping to snag a 6 month spot since I'm moving at the end of June across country so no yearly until I know what our address will be in Mass.

I was poking around looking for swatches of the blushes sent in the December OTM package and I discovered something interesting!  Based on the Coming Soon items on GDE's Storenvy page, it looks like in addition to the items previewed in the December package, the following will be coming to the GDE store on the 20th:

From 2013 OTMs:

• Mistletoe Makeout
  • Surprise!
  • S&M
  • Pixie Dust

From the Halloween collection:

• Parlor Tricks
  • Funeral Parlor
  • Bella Donna
  • Arsenic

I got me a yearly also. They sold out of yearly subs fast! I can't wait to see what she does this year.

Yearly are still available, what went fast this time around were six month subscriptions! I choose three months since in six months we'll be on our way to the Boston area so I didn't want to deal with getting the yearly and forgetting to update the address.

I was so intent on getting the longest sub possible just to ensure not needing to make this mad dash for as long as possible that I didn't even register certain details, like how I thought it would be $72 plus postage, but it turned out to be $72 including postage. I now realize that makes this $4 plus postage a month! A bargain! I shouldn't be spending a single penny right now (mid-paycheck cycle), but I'm going to call this my birthday present to myself that just happens to show up every single month. (My UD Naked3 palette is a congratulations to myself for an award I received at work -- I even bought it with money I received as part of the award -- even though I'm saving its first wear for my birthday in a couple of weeks.) And I went back and reread the email notice announcing that subs would be opening today, and I discovered that this is an extras month, *and* there may be a lot more extras months this year. A super happy extended birthday to me!

Believe it or not, THERE ARE ACTUALLY ONE-MONTH SLOTS STILL AVAILABLE!  Sure, it will be eight dollars including shipping within the US, but it's an extras month, which translates to a value of at least that much.  Sometimes the extra is a second jar of pigment of a color made just for that month (and full jars of pigment cost $6 each), sometimes it's a preview of an upcoming product like blush (full jars -- that sell for $9 -- were sent the two times we received previews on this!) or samples from not-yet-released shadow collections/groupings, sometimes it's nail polish (I don't see polish on the site any more, so I'm not positive on the price, but I think it was $4 for a mini), sometimes it's stuff from another company (a couple of times, it's been mini nail polish from a different company!).  We never know what it's going to be until it shows up.  Mine just left Las Vegas this morning!  Is it here yet?

I went ahead and grabbed 2 months.  I'm curious about the products and the price is reasonable.

Ooh, mine is showing as departing the local sort facility yesterday! I would not be surprised to find it in my mailbox when I get home tonight! ETA: Ooh, love it!

And on my very dry hand over NYX Milk pencil:
Social Suicide -- semi-matte royal blue with a subtle blue shift and silver sparkle. Funny thing: I was trying to think of what color I would want for January, and this is pretty much exactly it. January means blue to me for some reason, and I am lacking a bold royal blue pigment. And sparkles? Mandatory. This is going to work phenomenally well with Surprise! from the November OTM. The extra is a Hydraglaze -- the upcoming lipgloss set for release on the 20th -- sample in Social Butterfly ("sheer red with the smallest hint of blue sheen," and it's buttercream scented/flavored!) that doesn't show up on my hand as a swatch, but it gives my lips an ever-so-slightly redder-than-normal cast. And this is isn't a sticky gloss! It seems to be silicone-based, just like my beloved benefit ultra plush glosses. This shade is apparently a special limited release to coordinate with the OTM. I'm not sure whether that means it will be in the store for purchase in a full-sized version on Monday or if it was only made in clamshell samples, but I'm hoping I can get it in a full-sized version. ETA: I just found out the gloss was just for this OTM package. I think it's a super fun idea to have a special lip color sample for the OTM (and, really, it's a *lot* of gloss considering the formula! I think I need even less of it than lip tar), so this is going to last me quite a while, but it's also a bit of a bummer that once this sample is gone, that's the end! Maybe we can wish hard enough and make it magically become a full-sized run. On the other hand, this means all of the colors next week will be brand new to me, and that means it will be easier to justify their purchase! /ETA
And for those keeping track, there will be four glosses, three blushes, and SIXTEEN new permanent catalog shadows coming out on Monday. I think four of the new shadows will be from the 2014 OTM series, and four will be from Halloween, so (*whew*) I will only need to buy eight new shadows. And a gloss or two, depending on what the specific colors are (orange lip color is banned from my makeup collection!) and whether any are limited-run shades.

I ordered my OTM on Friday when I was browsing the site and saw that there were still some available.  I received my package yesterday and I'm all the way in NC so that was crazy fast!  The only thing I think is a little lame is the minimum purchase on the site, I didn't think it would apply to the OTM sub.  Although I'm kind of glad I was forced to buy something else because I received two sample sized baggies and the monthly gwp with my order so it was super cool.  I hope next month I can get more then a 1 month sub, I think my sister would love GDE and I want to send her a sub.

My bag came on Friday. OMG THAT BLUE! It's my idea of the perfect sapphire blue. Love this color and hate it. Love it because it's as I said before and hate it because it's not a permanent color.

My bag came on Friday. OMG THAT BLUE! It's my idea of the perfect sapphire blue. Love this color and hate it. Love it because it's as I said before and hate it because it's not a permanent color.
Well... There *is* the possibility that it could be voted into the permanent catalog next year if that's done again!

I just got my first month of GDE!  After seeing the blue, I went on the site and bought a ton of samples!! Now I can't wait to get them and play! I've never used a loose powder eye shadow so this should be interesting.  Besides using primer, any tips on how to apply? 

I just got my first month of GDE!  After seeing the blue, I went on the site and bought a ton of samples!! Now I can't wait to get them and play! I've never used a loose powder eye shadow so this should be interesting.  Besides using primer, any tips on how to apply? 
Dab or pat, don't swipe! I see people swiping, and I just get confused because when I try that, it ends up *everywhere*. Tap your brush to get the excess out. Don't blow it off (blowing = spitting even if you *think* you're being careful = contaminating your eyeshadow when you put your brush back in). I will pick up a bunch of pigment with a brush, kind of press the brush against the inside of the jar lid to get the pigment pushed into the brush, and then dab it on my eye. And experiment like crazy! A whole world will open for you once you start using indie loose pigments. And next time around, it might be a good idea to get a sample of Foil Me (if it's in stock). It will change the colors and shimmers in very interesting ways. Even if you're buying a full-sized Foil Me, I like using the clamshell used for Foil Me samples to mix pigment with whatever mixing medium I'm using (right now, that's Foil Me. Some people like straight-up water, and you can even make your own with a combination of glycerin and water). If you ever see someone mention "foiling" a shadow or pigment, this is all they have done: Mixed it with the medium of their choice and applied it wet.

Latest posts

Back