Car accident & racist jerk cop

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animezing

Be the change you wish to see in the world.
Reaction score
Something horrible happened to me yesterday. I was running around town doing errands before a family trip when someone bashed into my car. I was in a roundabout (hate those things!) when a car hit me on the back side bumper with her car. We both pulled off the road & she SEEMED nice, apologized & accepted responsibility. Well as she was giving me her info. I decided it be a good idea to call the cops for a police report. Bad news for me, I usually don't carry my cell phone, it's one of those junkie prepaid phones with awful internet access & a cruddy camera. So I asked her if she can call. Well when she did she completely changed her story & said I hit her and she would like a police report, when in reality it was the other way around! ARG!  At that point I thought, no worries it was obvious it was her fault since her front passenger bumper (just under the right headlight) was where her impact was located while mine was on the back driver side just behind the back wheel/side bumper. Which basically means that my car was in front of her's & yet she still hit me!  Anyhow, when the cop got there he was so rude to me! Let me just add that I don't casually throw out the racism card, I think that most people are NOT racist. But I honestly feel like this creep was racist! I have never been talked to so rudely in all my life! He made me feel so small :'( & I really couldn't complain because he was the one writing the report. Of course with the other lady, who is white, he was all smiles & giggles! Jerk, jerk, jerk!!! I'm pretty sad that this is going to put a hamper on my trip because now I have to deal with this instead of enjoying my vacation. I really can't believe that this lady who is well into her 50's can't act like a responsible adult and do the right thing! I've had a teenager back into me 5 years ago and he did as promised and paid up on his mistake. I'm not claiming injury, I just want my brand new car fixed!  That's another thing the government car she was driving (she works for the USPS in advertising, which she was trying to get me to use on the business I work for, seconds after she hit me!) just had my paint rubbed off on it, while mines is dented, scratched, & the side bumper is slightly loose. I wish she had sustained more damage, considering that she caused this whole thing!  Sorry guys, I just had to get this off my chest. I feel so horrible right now that I don't even feel like going on vacation with the family anymore. I feel like my sadness will put a damper on their fun and that wouldn't be fair. :/

File a complaint against the officer and make sure to file a complaint with her employer since it is a company car.

I'm sorry that the woman hit your car and that you did not have a good experience with the cop.
[@]luckyme502[/@] Thank you, maybe karma will teach these two a lesson. Also, like to add that some of my neighbors are cops & most are great. So hopefully no one else will have the same experience I did.

Have you thought about taking it to court? 
[@]soccerkidtlk[/@] Thank you for your suggestion. I'm going to have my insurance fight it for me. Even though the cop was a jerk, I don't regret getting him involved. I feel like if I had not gotten the cop involved, this vile lady would have had time to perfect her web of lies. From the little that I was able to hear she kept changing her story. However, right after the accident (when it was just us two) she apologized, accepted responsibility, & even started talking about how God took care of us both (because neither of us were hurt). I swear this lady was a piece of work.

File a complaint against the officer and make sure to file a complaint with her employer since it is a company car.
[@]zadidoll[/@] Thank you so much! I never thought about filing a complaint with her employer. I get frazzled so easily that it didn't even cross my mind. Thank you, thank you, thank you - You're the best! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love that MUT has so many intelligent members, I'm more of a "think with your heart" type, which doesn't work well in these type of situations. So it's nice to to have input from all you lovely ladies! Thanks guys! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back