Has anyone tried the Beauty Blender dupe by Real Techniques?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't tried a Beauty Blender yet, but I really want to.  I was reading the reviews on this dupe on Ulta's website, mostly good reviews.  However, I just got an email from Glossybox and it looked like there is going to be a Beauty Blender in the box this month.  So I'm trying to decide if I want to resubscribe to Glossybox for the month or just try the Real Techniques one first.  The Glossybox is probably a good deal, but I could get immediate gratification by picking the other one up at Ulta *LOL*

I love my beauty blender! I think they make my skin look really flawless when I use it. I would recommend the beauty blender since dupes for it aren't always the same.

There are many sponges out there that are just as good (if not better) as the beauty blender. Just have to find the right one. I found one for less than $5 and will never be wasting more money on a beauty blender again.

I just bought the Real Techniques one.  While I have never tried a real Beauty Blender, I'm quite pleased with the Real Techniques one.  The only other dupe that I've tried was the Ulta brand version and it wasn't good.  All of Ulta's sponges smell heavily of latex/rubber to me and I hate that smell.  Even after multiple washings they still stunk and it would linger on my face.  Thankfully, the RT one has no smell and is much softer and seemed to blend my foundation really well.

I remember Wayne Goss saying that the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge was just as good as a Beauty Blender.  I can't seem to ever find them in stock at my local Target though, so I haven't been able to compare the 2.

I'm dying to try one of these! I've seen it used in a number of YouTube videos and the results seem to be flawless. It seems worth it!

I went ahead and subscribed to Glossybox for the Beauty Blender.  I hope it lives up to its reputation for me.  I haven't found a tool I love to apply my foundation with.  So I'm hoping this is it!

I use and enjoy them. They are great for really smoothing your foundation out and blending everything in flawlessly. I've tried other sponges, but personally prefer the beauty blender.

Which one did you find? and Where? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I've heard that the RT blender holds more moisture and takes longer to dry after cleaning - still thinking about trying it though.

I have both and I honestly like both of them. The Real Techniques sponge doesn't feel like the Beauty Blender when dry but it has the same results when damp. I would buy the RT sponge if you don't want to spend the money on a beauty blender. So it's definitely a thumbs up for a great dupe!

I truly love my Beauty Blender! I always make streaks when I use a brush! It doesn't waste foundation like other sponges do. I've seen professional make up artists use it, too- especially under the eyes before concealer. 

If you do get it make sure to buy it with this for SURE: http://www.beauty.com/products/prod.asp?pid=201797&catid=23715&aid=338669&aparam=201797

That is the "Blender Cleanser." It cleans it like it needs to be cleaned, without leaving any residue.  The one thing about the BB is after awhile (depending on how much you use it and how much product you put it...you will have to just throw it away.) My first once lasted FOREVER, though. I barely use any foundation on it at a time. Hope this helps and I hope you get one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by pseudorocknroll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I truly love my Beauty Blender! I always make streaks when I use a brush! It doesn't waste foundation like other sponges do. I've seen professional make up artists use it, too- especially under the eyes before concealer. 

If you do get it make sure to buy it with this for SURE: http://www.beauty.com/products/prod.asp?pid=201797&catid=23715&aid=338669&aparam=201797

That is the "Blender Cleanser." It cleans it like it needs to be cleaned, without leaving any residue.  The one thing about the BB is after awhile (depending on how much you use it and how much product you put it...you will have to just throw it away.) My first once lasted FOREVER, though. I barely use any foundation on it at a time. Hope this helps and I hope you get one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like the SOLID soap better than their blender cleanser :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do love my beauty blender. But it's time to replace it. I may try a less expensive brand and see how it works. I'm always up for an experiment!

Nordstrom's dupe is outstanding. Nordstrom brand. I also like 100% Pure's dupe of the famous makeup sponge.

I say go with the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge.  It's around $12, but its soooo worth it!  I love mine and won't ever go back to regular triangle sponges again!

Hope this helps!

Katy Rose

sugarvixen.com

Thanks for that suggestion, SugarVixen. I will go with the Sonia Kahshuk blending sponge now. I have been working with my sponge for a long time now. at first, I was so happy with it but I think it is wearing off so fast. 

I have the RT one and I have found that it works best you take a wet paper towel and squeeze out the excess water, then blot the side (I use the flat side) of the sponge on the damp paper towel to get it wet. This seems to get the sponge just wet enough to work right, because if you get it too wet, it just soaks up all the foundation. 

Latest posts

Back