Looking for an effective skin care routine. Any suggestions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yay! My first post on the forum! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This has been a recent topic of concern to me, and maybe this post will help out someone else! For starters, I have made it a goal to focus on my own wellness and beauty in 2014. I really need to crawl out of this rut I have been in when it comes to skin care and makeup. I am sick and tired of it. I see so much potential in this year for me, it's time to work for it!

The most important aspect of beauty - in my opinion - is healthy skin. I have been struggling with rough patches on my forehead, chin, and cheeks with prickly bumps. They are similar to acne bumps but they are only red and feel very rough.

I have come to the conclusion that I have been much too hard on my face. I have still been in "epic war mode" with oily skin when... come to find out, my face isn't nearly as oily as it use to be! I believe I have been taking away too much moisture from my face with cleansing and oil control washes. I need to be cleansing my skin, but also need good hydration

Any suggestions are most welcome! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have used the Clinique 3-Step system, a variety of Mary Kay products over the years, Neutrogena, Burt's Bees, Proactiv (in my teens), and random over the counter products you can find anywhere. Currently, I am trying the Cetaphil face wash and using up a sample of a Dermalogica moisturizer.  

What skin care products have been most beneficial to you? What are you currently using? Are there any skin care products that you want to try this year?

Thank you for your input! 

Hi, it’s good that you are conscious about your skincare but sometimes we made mistakes to get care of our skin because we don’t know what actually well for our skin. Here http://bit.ly/1d9EpOq is skincare routines in 7 steps you can even follow at your home.

This is my skincare routine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also suffer from the rough prickly bumps you described. I just started this routine, and I feel that it has smoothed them out some and maybe even decreased the amount a little. I am praying that if I can stick with it, I will see my face clear up for the first time in nearly 4 years! Best of luck to you!

A.M.

-Cleanse with Simple Skin Care Refreshing Gel Cleanser

-Take a mixture of 2-3 drops of oil of oregano in about 2.5-3 oz of water and wipe entire face with a soaked cotton pad

(I just keep a little bottle mixed up in my cabinet, do some research on it before you try it, you can very easily burn your face if you make the mixture too strong. I stopped using it about a week ago because I thought it wasn't doing much, and my acne increased a lot, so I do think it has been helping!)

-Apply a nickel size amount of the Alpha Hydrox 10% Glycolic Treatment

-For moisturizer, I have been applying a mix of the Simple Skin Care Replenishing Rich Moisturizer, and Burt's Bees Intense Hydration moisturizer, however if you don't have super dry skin like I do, just the Simple Moisturizer would be plenty. I am hoping if I can get clear, I will be able to use just the Simple one, since my dry spots are mainly wherever I have breakouts.

P.M. 

I do a double cleanse at night, since I wear full coverage makeup.

-First cleanse is with Burt's Bees Sensitive Cream Cleanser

-Second Cleanse is with the Simple Gel face wash

Everything else from there is the same as my morning routine.

Back