Uneven Face

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all . 

Can anyone give me some tips on how to cover those with huge pimples or holes on faces? I mean some people have the habit to pop the pimple right before makeover and leave open pores. any save cosmetics to use for this? 

thanks! 

Zureen. 

hey there! I may be somewhat of an expert on this topic - (sorry this is long!)

Ive had acne for decades, not too too severe, but i've had my bouts with cystic acne (as we speak i have a huge one on the side of my chin) and I also have extreme enlarged pores on my nose from old acne breakouts that left behind a nice hole for me.  

without seeing your face its kind of hard to know for sure - but i'll just tell you what works for me currently - and i'm always trying new things in search of the ultimate product and method -

The best pore filler I've found (rediscovery) is Benefit POREfessional.  BUT, I don't really like to use under foundation - i mean you can, but i find if you do this, once you put foundation on - you basically wipe away the product -so there's no point.

so what I do is apply after my foundation is done (but before powder)

I take a little dot and pat it on the area I'm filling - imagine you're icing a cake or speckling putty - its the same action, you take that glob and push it into the pore, then pat it - now it does somewhat move your foundation underneath - but it's tinted so you just keep patting until its even, and you can even dab a bit of your foundation as well. 

then take your setting powder and lightly dab and press it in to set. 

Since doing this i was amazed at what a difference it's made - i need to touch up and refill because my nose is oily and it wears away, maybe i'll post a before and after pic one day cuz i think i have the perfect example of how well this product can work if you apply it right.

i have a sample tube that has lasted me over a year  -  I'm low on it but i don't wanna spend $30 for the big tube since i only spot treat the areas with it - if you can get a sample tube get that, you don't need the big tube.  Or even better still - go to Sephora, have them give you a sample, that will last you a while as well (the best thing too is you can keep going and getting samples, or just go to  different sephoras and load up, I'm an expert at not spending if i don't have to ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As for concealer - the best i've found for the face blemishes that are sticky and dry enough to stay put are: 

MAC Studiofix concealer - thick creamy texture

COVER FX Cream foundation (i like to use best as concealer rather than foundation because it's super thick and opaque and perfect for blemishes)

BECCA Dual coverage compact concealer (what I'm using currently) super thick, opaque & drier formula which is excellent for staying on the blemish 

Get a color that matches your skin or slightly darker. **if your concealer is lighter or not a good

match then put on 1st then foundation 2nd this will blend out the color and make it match better.**

I double up my concealing by using my L'Oreal true match crayon concealer first on my spots b4 my foundation - then I  stipple on my foundation either with sponge or brush, then i go in with the concealer and spot treat with my finger or detail brush.

You should set these with a powder.  If you have a bump you may need to touch up - these stay on very well but i still find i need touch ups here and there depending on how bad and how raised my breakouts are.

One last thing - if you have a freshly popped pimple - its gonna crust up  a bit, there's no way around that. - you can put some concealer on it once its stops oozing - which i found dries it up a bit faster, and sometimes I'm able to flake that off and have a smoother surface underneath to then apply concealer, and it looks better.

Sorry for the novel-type response, but i hope this helps you out some. 

Good luck!

one more side note -

Too faced Primed and pore less is very comparable in texture and price to POREfessional ( for another option) but I find POREfessional just slightly better.  

**I like Tarte's Clean slate Poreless primer for its texture and thickness but one major drawback for me is that its not tinted, and since i use these pore fillers over my foundation - you need that tinted factor in order give the the desired pore-less effect.

one more side note - Too faced Primed and pore less is very comparable in texture and price to POREfessional ( for another option) but I find POREfessional just slightly better.   **I like Tarte's Clean slate Poreless primer for its texture and thickness but one major drawback for me is that its not tinted, and since i use these pore fillers over my foundation - you need that tinted factor in order give the the desired pore-less effect.
You said Porefessional basically wipes away if you apply foundation after applying the pore filler. Does Too Faced's primed and poreless do this? I wanted to purchase once I finish my MAC prep and prime.

I haven't tried but I assume it would the reason I say this because it seems like the action of just applying foundation on top of the primer disturbs the thin layer that you need to fill in the pore. I use primer underneath foundation mainly to make it glide in smoother but also to ensure my foundation lasts longer. For pore filling I use the primer on top of foundation.

Before and after using Benefit POREfessional I just took this as a quick example of how well porefessional and this method works for me. This is really ruff because I have absolutely no makeup or foundation on, it looks even better when I do. This is just me simply putting the product in my nose which is my problem area. I'm focusing mainly on the 2 holes (pores) on the center if the nose and just out the product in top and smushed it in and patted. If I did this first then put foundation over the holes would reappear so that's why I do it after.
Pretty great I'd say!

Oh, I thought you had tried it because you said Porefessional is better. I just want a new primer, I don't worry about my pores too much. But I might try a sample of porefessional after reading this thread just for my nose. Thank you ~

I've tried primed and pore less for my pores but not as a primer persay. But yea if you just want to spot treat for a few pores here and here then porefessional is great. As for primer to make your makeup last I really like hourglass mineral veil (it's $$$ though) or Philisophys The Present

Latest posts

Back