Sign in to follow this  
redjill

(Spoilers) Julep February 2014

I had to consciously type 2014, lol. I'm so excited for February! Last year's red carpet boxes were awesome; wish I had been a subscriber then. What are you all hoping for in the next maven boxes? I'm hoping for some nice red shimmers, and of course more holos (as always). :) And it's my birthday month!

• Like 1

I really liked the satin finish of Mae, so I wouldn't mind more of that finish.

I just hope there is a good combo in one of the boxes because this will be 3 in a row for me if I take a box.  Gotta love free polish!

I really liked the satin finish of Mae, so I wouldn't mind more of that finish. I just hope there is a good combo in one of the boxes because this will be 3 in a row for me if I take a box.  Gotta love free polish!
The silk finish is nice also. I haven't tried it, but I like the pictures people are posting. Some sparkly sea salts would be nice, but I guess that's more for summer.

I keep telling myself I'm going to skip Julep this month, then seeing the colors, falling in love, and splurging on upgrades to get all of them. But I promised myself I'd skip this month unless the colors are all super gorgeous.

I'm hoping for a nice bright sparkly red... but anything bright and sparkly would be nice.

I'm hoping for some nice rich colors too. Jewel tones in a mix of finishes. I also love anything that has molten in the description. Holos or duochromes are fun too.

• Like 1

I hope they have more pinks this time around. Oddly enough, Julep doesn't seem to have that many pinks. I want a hot pink glitter :)
If I had won that contest to create/name your own polish I was going to do a hot pink full coverage glitter :-D Hoping they show up with one eventually!

I know it's not the right season, but I'd love a burnt orange or forest green microshimmer! I wonder what the beauty products are going to be this time around...

Hipster-have you checked out Ingrid? I just bought it because I live in Austin, and it's the PERFECT burnt orange for a University of Texas mani. Check it out! I think it was like, $4.99 last time I checked.

Thanks LaStupenda! That's the shade exactly... except not a shimmer ;) It's such a steal that I may pick it up anyways! :)

Some interesting highlights from http://blog.julep.com/beauty-trends-in-2014/. "We’re heading into 2014 with a softer, more reflective tone, but still expect the second half of the year to roar back to bold with more glitter, flash, and bright colors. " "Watch for innovations in soft glints and iridescent pearls. Metallics will re-emerge in different micro-shapes paired with highly pigmented colors. Also look for new pearly silks with soft opalescent sheens, mattes with a slight reflective shine, and glitters with a ‘flat’ instead of shiny look." Sounds fun!

• Like 3

Some interesting highlights from http://blog.julep.com/beauty-trends-in-2014/. "We’re heading into 2014 with a softer, more reflective tone, but still expect the second half of the year to roar back to bold with more glitter, flash, and bright colors. " "Watch for innovations in soft glints and iridescent pearls. Metallics will re-emerge in different micro-shapes paired with highly pigmented colors. Also look for new pearly silks with soft opalescent sheens, mattes with a slight reflective shine, and glitters with a ‘flat’ instead of shiny look." Sounds fun!
I'm obsessed with astrology, and I notice that whenever Jupiter is in a certain sign, trends during that time reflect that sign. Right now it's in Cancer, which is all about soft colors, pearls, and understated classic elegance. Sounds like Julep's description of the first half of the year. But by July Jupiter enters the sign of Leo, which has the opposite style aesthetic of Cancer: bold colors, loud patterns (especially animal prints), regal jewel tones, and tons of gold sparkle! Sounds like fun, but we might have to wait a little while for more loud glitters. : p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster View Post

Some interesting highlights from http://blog.julep.com/beauty-trends-in-2014/.

"We’re heading into 2014 with a softer, more reflective tone, but still expect the second half of the year to roar back to bold with more glitter, flash, and bright colors. "

"Watch for innovations in soft glints and iridescent pearls. Metallics will re-emerge in different micro-shapes paired with highly pigmented colors. Also look for new pearly silks with soft opalescent sheens, mattes with a slight reflective shine, and glitters with a ‘flat’ instead of shiny look."

Sounds fun!

Hmmmm "more reflective".....  I would LOVE if they did some kind of chrom-ifying basecoat like that new Gwen Stefani OPI.  I'm not a big fan of chromes but that thing is seriously cool.

Quote:

Some interesting highlights from http://blog.julep.com/beauty-trends-in-2014/.

"We’re heading into 2014 with a softer, more reflective tone, but still expect the second half of the year to roar back to bold with more glitter, flash, and bright colors. "

"Watch for innovations in soft glints and iridescent pearls. Metallics will re-emerge in different micro-shapes paired with highly pigmented colors. Also look for new pearly silks with soft opalescent sheens, mattes with a slight reflective shine, and glitters with a ‘flat’ instead of shiny look."

Sounds fun!

That sounds like it will be really pretty especially pearl and silky valentines day type colors. I will seriously be missing the glitter though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaStupenda View Post

Hipster-have you checked out Ingrid? I just bought it because I live in Austin, and it's the PERFECT burnt orange for a University of Texas mani. Check it out! I think it was like, $4.99 last time I checked.

That's the exact reason I wanted to get Ingrid!  Evangeline's a nice UT almost-holo-if-you-lower-your-expectations color.  I don't know if you can get it in the store.  I haven't seen it.  I got it last winter (I want to say February?) in a mystery box.

Quote:

LOL yes I know it's a creme but I was wishing for a burnt orange microshimmer!

What about Tatiana?

That's the exact reason I wanted to get Ingrid!  Evangeline's a nice UT almost-holo-if-you-lower-your-expectations color.  I don't know if you can get it in the store.  I haven't seen it.  I got it last winter (I want to say February?) in a mystery box.
I looked up Evangeline on Google. I WANT! I didn't even know about Julep until May, so of course I missed the February Mystery Box. And when I search for Evangeline on Julep's website, nothing comes up. ("Evangeline? What Evangeline?") Guess I'll never get it... ._.

From the Huff Post interview with Jane: 2. Your boyfriend (husband, dad, brother) will steal your beauty products. From the urban hipster and the global metrosexual to the dishy dad, men today aren't afraid to focus on their looks. In 2014, the men in your life will start stealing your beauty products -because they're so ready to leave behind the world of soap-on-a-roap and Head & Shoulders. OK, so maybe men won't start sporting nail polish at the office like we joked last year, but that day may not be far off. Already, men nick their wives' concealer to mask eye circles and wrinkles, especially those looking to appear younger in the workplace. And in 2014, women's skin and hair products will trend toward natural and chemical-free, so men will more willingly borrow cleansers, exfoliating Konjac sponges, creams and conditioners that don't seem 'girly'. We also expect to see the launch of more unisex beauty products that could go either way - men or women. Uh, WTH?

I interpret that as "less emphasis on distinctly feminine floral scents and more emphasis on plainer packaging."