Sign in to follow this  
redjill

(Spoilers) Julep February 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBadger View Post

Sorry :(

It was posted 4 hours ago, and had 0 views, so i thought it was new.  Oh well, just have to keep waiting.

If I hadn't gotten that box I would have thought that too.   Joan and Marion are some of my favorite colors from Julep.  They both stain like all get out so I don't wear them often. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyMoon View Post

I didn't feel like it showed ridges. I liked the satin finish much more than I thought I would.  I haven't tried the silk finish (with Julep) but it seems like it would show ridges more than satin because it has more shimmer to it.

I would love it if Julep would do a set of files.  That's a great idea.

I tried Noelle (a silk finish) this week. I didn't care for the color, but I really liked the finish! I have super ridgy nails and with my butter London nail foundation underneath they didn't really show. It was a bummer that I didn't like the color because it wears like a champ! I am one of those people who always has chips and major tip wear in a day or so and I took it off today (day 4) and it hardly had any wear (and was hard to get to budge, actually).

I think it would be cool if they would use that formula with some bright colors! I wish they'd done a silk emerald green and navy for the holidays, would have been so pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgathaLaupin View Post

I tried Noelle (a silk finish) this week. I didn't care for the color, but I really liked the finish! I have super ridgy nails and with my butter London nail foundation underneath they didn't really show. It was a bummer that I didn't like the color because it wears like a champ! I am one of those people who always has chips and major tip wear in a day or so and I took it off today (day 4) and it hardly had any wear (and was hard to get to budge, actually).

I think it would be cool if they would use that formula with some bright colors! I wish they'd done a silk emerald green and navy for the holidays, would have been so pretty!

I'm glad to hear the silk finish didn't show ridges either.  I thought the satin wore really well also, with no chips for several days.

Hopefully we will see more of both silk and satin finishes.

I have Noelle on right now and I don't really have a huge issue with ridges but I LOVE the finish. It's probably my new favorite neutral polish and it's the perfect shade on me. I hope they do more of the silk finishes in future boxes.

I skipped the past 2 months and am wanting to take a box this month. I would love some pretty pink polish and I would also like to try some satin and silk polishes. I've promised myself that I will only take a box if I like both polish colors in it. That hasn't happened recently but hopefully January will change that trend :)

I'm hoping for a pink polish too. I went hunting for a pink polish on their site and they weirdly don't have a lot. Not too bright or neon, not too soft and sweet, just a nice pink polish, maybe similar to Fergie or Lo from Zoya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconik View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster View Post

LOL yes I know it's a creme but I was wishing for a burnt orange microshimmer!

I have the perfect polish for you!!

Digital Nail's Hook 'Em Horns!!!  It's a burnt orange with spectraflair in it!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/153373456/hook-em-horns-a-digital-nails-nail?ref=shop_home_active_14

That is awesome!  Do you have any experience with the brand?  I've never heard of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareclouds View Post

I am dying for a sneak peek at the February collection. I wish they'd hurry up and show us. It's almost the 20th.

Me too, I loved last February so I hopefully this year will be just as good.

Last Feb had Marion, right? That's one of my faves.  I hope this batch is great. I wish they had some holos (I'm wearing a holo right now) and I'd love some more.
If there were holos I would have a hard time skipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilekate View Post

That is awesome!  Do you have any experience with the brand?  I've never heard of them.

I just placed my first order with her the other day and she has a pretty long (1-2 weeks) wait time for shipping right now.  That's about all I know at this point.  I ordered the Dig Deep so as soon as I get it, I'll post something over on the indie polish thread.

Looks like we have a sneak peek at the extra product for February: [spoiler=Warning: Spoiler!]http://blog.julep.com/eye-sheens/   Eye sheen liquid eyeshadows. I'm intrigued! Though wishing they'd do something nail-related again for the extra...

Uh oh. This is exactly my speed. I'm bracing myself for a full upgrade!

I think I may be the only one who is hesitant about the beauty product. I just don't see that type of texture holding up. Sigh, I'll probably just get the basics box and add on any polishes if interested, but by this point I have so many Juleps they will really have to wow me. :icon_cry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethStreet View Post

I think I may be the only one who is hesitant about the beauty product. I just don't see that type of texture holding up. Sigh, I'll probably just get the basics box and add on any polishes if interested, but by this point I have so many Juleps they will really have to wow me. :icon_cry:

I'm with you.  I was not impressed by the neutral eye palette from a few months ago.  I hope I like the It Girl box this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsalt View Post

Looks like we have a sneak peek at the extra product for February:

http://blog.julep.com/eye-sheens/   Eye sheen liquid eyeshadows. I'm intrigued! Though wishing they'd do something nail-related again for the extra...

More browns?  I just don't look good in them.  If they were cool tones I would like to try them.  I still have yet to hear of a Julep makeup product that was a big hit besides the lipsticks.  Most of them are flops, so I'd rather wait and see what the feedback is first.

I'm really excited for the beauty product! I love stuff like that! I really wanted to skip this month though because I have so much nail polish, so I'm hoping I don't like the colors.

Blah, I can't pick just one. I actually really liked the last eyeshadow palette. It stayed on for hours on New Years. My only problem is that I don't wear eyeshadow very often.

Oh! I love those. I hope I like a set of the nail colours ... I don't want to skip those! Or maybe the MB this month?

I'm not sure what to think.LMDB brought out their version of that particular product and it was terrible. Worst I've ever tried. Julep's description makes it sound like it's very similar. If I like the polish colors,I may get one to try it out, but I doubt very much that I'd do a full upgrade.