What are your winter plan for mineral make up?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

Winter is there I would like to know what are your plans for mineral make up. what are you people doing special this winter.

Hello, My plan is to go a shade lighter with my powder foundation and moisturize more and exfoliate as well ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I make my own makeup so it should be easy and cheaper X Becca

I have to finish my mineral foundation, It's Lily Lolo mineral foundation. Do you know this brand?? Can you suggest me another brand?? 

I really find that I do not change my routine too much from season to season. I tend to wear my Physician's Formula tinted moisturizer as foundation more in the warmer months, but this is my list:

1) 100% Caffeine eye cream

2) Alba Botanica SPF 20 facial sunscreen, which also works as a moisturizer.

3) I let the sunscreen set for a few minutes, then blot my face if needed.

4) Concealer. I use a few different ones depending on what happens to be handy.

5) Foundation. Right now I am using Meow Cosmetics in Frisky Himalayan. If I get a bit of color in the summer I would switch back to my BareMinerals Ready foundation in Fairly Medium since I have a compact and a half of it left.

As far as treatments and removal, I usually do that at night. Below is my updated winter routine.

If I am wearing makeup:

1) Apply rice bran oil to makeup and let set for 30 seconds or so. Wipe that off with a warm washcloth.

2) Use my DIY liquid castille soap, aloe vera juice, and sweet almond oil face wash with my Olay face brush.

If I am not wearing makeup:

1) I use my Shea Terra facial soap bars, either the African Black Soap or the Rose Hips & Pink Clay, by rubbing it on a konjac sponge I have soaked in water. Then I massage that over my face.

After cleansing I will some times use a face sugar scrub or another type of scrub or a mask or I will use my Alpha Hydrox AHA swipes. Right now I am using the swipes Mon thru Thurs, scrub on Fri, and then either another scrub or mask on Sat and Sun. Some days I might skip all of those, but that would only be one day a week. I usually just see how my skin feels.

And then I apply a DIY serum oil and my moisturizer. I really would love to find a better inexpensive natural night time moisturizer, but so far I have not had much luck there. Right now I am using the Juice Organics Pompetide one which I like, but it absorbs super fast in this winter climate. I think it will be better in the summer.

I love so much your make-up routine...Can I ask you another questions?? Are they home-made products?? I've never seen so perfect routine!

Back