Birchbox February 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not sure if you gals saw this... It may be old news.... Bb is teaming up with us weekly for February :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also , here's a link to an article that mentions some of the brands in the collab box... http://www.gcimagazine.com/business/marketing/Special-Edition-Birchbox-Pairs-with-emUs-Weeklyem-to-Celebrate-2014-Awards-Season-239260761.html

FAQ's!  Every month, we get lovely new people with questions.  We want to give you a resource to help people quickly (because we love helping here!).  If you see someone asking a common question (what is a clicky truck, what is the app trick, etc), just come to the first page of this thread, find my post, quote it, and edit out the parts you don't need.  Hope this helps!

Q. When does Birchbox ship?

A. Birchbox typically ships by the 10th of each month unless there is a delay.

Q. How many products are sent out?

A. Depends on the month and on the box. They typically send between four to six items each month ranging from perfume samples to full size cosmetic products.

Q:  Why does my box only show that I’m getting 3 items?

A:  Don’t worry!  The box contents are still updating.  Birchbox guarantees that you’ll get 4-6 items, so you’re getting at least one more!  Just be patient and the box will update with more items soon.

Q: How do I know what number box I’m getting?

A: Log into your account, click on BOX at the top of the screen then scroll down and it will show your products for that month - but it won't tell you which box it is. To find out exactly what box you're getting scroll down further to the box history and you'll see your current box as well as any past boxes. If you hover your mouse over the current month’s box, a link should pop up, with your box number at the end of the URL. If you click on it picture, you’ll be taken to that box page, and the box number will show at the end of the URL in your address box.

Q:  What is a “clicky truckâ€?

A:  A clicky truck means that your box has shipped and the shipping information is on the Birchbox website.  If you log into the site and go to “Account Settingsâ€, you’ll see a little truck that has the current month listed.  Once the new month starts, the truck will update to that month, but without tracking information.  Then, once your box ships, a tracking link will show up UNDERNEATH the truck (the truck itself is not actually clickable, the link beneath it is).

Q:  What’s the difference between a regular Birchbox and a Welcome Box?

A:  A Welcome Box is when you get someone (or yourself!) a Gift Subscription.  If you go through the regular wait list, you won’t get a Welcome Box, you’ll just get a regular box from that month.  But if you’ve been given a Gift Sub, or purchased one for yourself, then you’ll get a Welcome Box – which will have several items from previous Birchboxes. 

Q:  What is a “punishment boxâ€?

A:  A Punishment box is not an official Birchbox thing.  Sometimes people get boxes that they don’t like.  Either they feel that the items are completely off from the profile they set up, or they just got items that they personally will never use.  It is based entirely off of opinion – one person’s Punishment Box can be someone else’s Best Box Ever!

Q:  What is Box Envy?

A:  Box Envy happens when you get a box with items you don’t want, but you see someone else get a box that would have been just PERFECT for you!

Q:  How can I do a trade?

A: Sometimes, you’ll get an item that you just don’t want or can’t use.  That’s the risk we all take with getting subscription boxes.  Don’t worry, you can trade it!  You can either create a trade thread through the regular channel or post in the Birchbox-specific trade thread for that month.  If someone has created a trade thread, they’ll post the link in this thread (and once I see it, I’ll try to update this post with it!)  Here’s a link to the regular trade thread area  https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/23798/subscription-box-swaps  Please be sure to read the buy/sell/trade rules and comply with them.  Any trade talk in this thread is subject to deletion.

Q:  Why is everyone asking how much boxes weigh?

A:  Box weight is a great way to see if you’re getting the same box as someone else.  Also, heavier boxes tend to contain larger (though not necessarily better) items like leave in conditioner, shampoo, etc.  Lighter boxes contain items like foil samples OR full-size makeup! 

Q:  What is the App Trick?  Or, how can I use my iPhone to see what I’m getting before the 10th?

A:  If you have an iPhone, you can SOMETIMES figure out what you’re getting before boxes update.  Open the Birchbox app and go to the Discovery section.  Then start scrolling!  Look for items marked “Box Historyâ€.  If it’s an item that you haven’t gotten in previous boxes, then it just may be in your box this month!  However, this is not an exact science.

Q:  My box doesn’t match the picture on the website! (i.e. items are missing or damaged, or you received something that wasn’t listed in the box contents)  What do I do?

A:  Birchbox has a great Customer Service Team.  Just email them at [email protected] and they’ll be happy to help you get it sorted out.

I haven't even received my January box yet... but I'm pumped for February! I'll be getting two boxes in February: one welcome box, and one box on my regular account. Hoping for lots of variety and lots of skincare.

Question: do you ladies think that this US weekly box will include the 12-issue magazine subscription for everyone, like the Women's Health collab? If so, I hope it is refundable like the Women's Health promo. 

This one looks like it could be really fun! I'm ready for a good box after January's disaster (I hated my box)

I AM so excited for this box. It's also going to be the month I sign up for a second sub!

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  FAQ's are up!
This was SO needed. I love the idea of posting this at the beginning of every thread.

Is it possible to "pin" a topic to the top of the discussions list? I few other boards I am on do this. They are named - New Members please read first before joining the dicussion threads.

So excited to be getting TWO us weekly boxes in feb!! On a side note can anyone say they don't hVe box envy for bbuk?? Those boxes look awesome!!!

I'm getting 3 boxes for feb. I love us weekly and the boxes look like they are going to be so good!

Has anyone gotten a close up look and been able to see the items pictured.. I'm pretty sure I see tea. I just know how much that excited y'all hehe

Latest posts

Back