Sign in to follow this  
Shauna999

Birchbox February 2014 (SPOILERS)

my box is out for delivery.. in walnut creek.. where i don't live.
In the past, mine has been out for delivery in St Paul, MN. Actually I think it said delivered even. But I got it the same day. I don't even live in MN. Lol.

My box finally arrived! It was #59, with the FakeUp, Healing Oil, Pore Refiner, OPI and Big Easy.

Don't know why I didn't expect the OPI to be so small, so cute! I got a good amount in my fakeup, was kinda surprised - will definitely get at least 3-4 uses. Some people mentioned their pores no more felt very light/empty, got lucky and mine feels heavier so hopefully mine was overfilled lol. If it weren't for the peely I would have been very happy with mine, but it's so inconsequential that it just feels like I'm missing an item.

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseybean025 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira685 View Post

In the past, mine has been out for delivery in St Paul, MN. Actually I think it said delivered even. But I got it the same day. I don't even live in MN. Lol.

I don't think mine is getting delivered.. from the status it looks like it was brought back and resorted. hopefully it makes it out to me tomorrow but I'm thinking Tuesday is probably more realistic lol

Mine routinely goes to Des Moines. Not really, but when they scan it at the USPS hub in Omaha they somehow get the 1 and the 0 reversed in the ZIP code and it says it's headed there. I usually get it the next day. I don't even worry about it anymore.

My second box came today and it was the 0.3670 lbs box. XD Super light... 

The Joan Vass L’eau de Opale smelled like Michael Kors. XD And ironically, it was in its own pillow pack but it leaked anyway. Thankfully the pillow pack was the only thing affected. 

Ughhhh usps finales scanned my box saying that they tried to deliver it but couldn't, and left a slip. However, it is clear that no one tried to deliver anything (no footprints new footprints in the snow- only dog prints) and there is definitely did not leave a notice. This is the crap UPS usually tries to pull with me and why I try to avoid using them. Also- birchbox easily fits in my mailbox.

Ughhhh usps finales scanned my box saying that they tried to deliver it but couldn't, and left a slip. However, it is clear that no one tried to deliver anything (no footprints new footprints in the snow- only dog prints) and there is definitely did not leave a notice. This is the crap UPS usually tries to pull with me and why I try to avoid using them. Also- birchbox easily fits in my mailbox.
I had the same problem witha different package today! I called the supervisor, but probably have to call tomorrow am ugghhhh.

I saw that status when I checked my tracking and I was pissed. It fits in my mailbox so someone isn't telling the truth at USPS. It better there when I get home from work or else I will be contacting some people.

My birchbox is stuck about 30 mins from me.  I'm hoping it comes tomorrow and praying for an intact BP oil.

I was expecting a package once from Etsy Shipping showed it not going in the direction it should be going.I contacted the vendor who contacted ups/usps.They told her that my package was not actually at that location but they do what is called courtesy scans.So a package may not actually be where the shipping says.I have no idea why or how all these inner workings work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Rosebud View Post

I was expecting a package once from Etsy and it showed it not anywhere in the direction it should be going.I contacted the vendor who contacted ups/usps.They told her that my package was not actually at that location but they do what is called courtesy scans.So a package may not actually be where the shipping says.I have no idea why or how all these inner workings work.

It could also be the fact that the scanners the USPS uses are like 1980's technology.  The USPS does not want to pay the money to upgrade the scanners.  So they worked out a deal with AT&T to buy all their like circa 2003 clam shell/flip phones.  It will essentially be a pocket wifi (does not make calls) to update the scanners as the mail person is scanning, not at the end of the day when the scanner is redocked.  Sorry my dad works for the USPS so I hear about it A LOT!

My BB has been "accepted" since 2/12/14 but no movement :(

• Like 1

I resubbed on the 10th. I got an e-mail saying expected ship date the 21st. Today I got a shipping e-mail with the tracking #. So, yay, I'll be getting it sooner, I hope. Tracking isn't working yet and my February box contents probably won't update for a few days yet. I was hoping for later shipping to avoid the BP oil fiasco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Silva View Post

My first box is waiting at my house, but I'm out of town so I haven't seen it yet.. I haven't seen many of these, if any, did anyone else get box #46?

Then my second box is the famous #51 with palette, mascara, hair oil, nail polish, and coola tinted matte samples. Still waiting on that one, we'll see how my hair oil fairs in the mail.

I got box 46 also!  A bit disappointed in it.  The half up doesn't work well with my hair and the perfume is way too sweet for my taste.  The breath mint "rocks" were pretty fun to try though!  

Awesome.. BB was supposed to deliver my final box yesterday, and the mailman has skipped my block (which is shoveled) for two days.  IN addition, they pulled the "you weren't home" shit, but I was was working at home.  Now I have to wake up and make them redeliver.

Also, wtf does Opensky have a pershiable delivery with signature confirmation... and now even notify the customer??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Silva View Post

My first box is waiting at my house, but I'm out of town so I haven't seen it yet.. I haven't seen many of these, if any, did anyone else get box #46?

Then my second box is the famous #51 with palette, mascara, hair oil, nail polish, and coola tinted matte samples. Still waiting on that one, we'll see how my hair oil fairs in the mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itslibbyk View Post

I got box 46 also!  A bit disappointed in it.  The half up doesn't work well with my hair and the perfume is way too sweet for my taste.  The breath mint "rocks" were pretty fun to try though!  

The Half Up may actually work well in my hair, it's long but super fine, so we'll see about that. The perfume I'm sure I'll hate (gives me migraines), but I'm interested to try the rest! I don't wear lotion for the same reason I don't wear perfume, gives me headaches, so I may have to swap the body butter as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easybreezy View Post

haha I love the BB boxes too... I used a lot of them for storing Christmas ornaments, etc.  But I have so many sitting around unused...I finally tossed a few in my recycle bin yesterday! :X I feel bad, but I have so much packing stuff and no room for any of it

I'm going to start hijacking my friends boxes as well as keeping all of mine. They are perfect for organizing my art supplies for school. I'm always carrying little BB boxes into class with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikecarus View Post

My second box came today and it was the 0.3670 lbs box. XD Super light... 

The Joan Vass L’eau de Opale smelled like Michael Kors. XD And ironically, it was in its own pillow pack but it leaked anyway. Thankfully the pillow pack was the only thing affected. 

This was my box too, but it was 0.3800lbs. And my perfume leaked as well. But I was fine with it because the smell was definitely not for me. The half up was a flop on my thick layered hair. It was more like a quarter-up, and my layers wouldn't stay in it. A disappointing birchbox doesn't bother me as much as a disappointing ipsy bag, though, because bb makes up for it in points! Love their points system. 

• Like 1

The boxes are the perfect size to stack inside the rectangular fabric makeup train cases for organizing. I have this one from the now-defunct Beautyfix (but these bags are available everywhere) and it holds two boxes, with lids, and has just enough room around the sides for thin foils. I cut up the cardboard Birchbox mailer and assembled dividers to keep eyeshadows, brushes, and foundations from sliding around. 400 The Birchboxes are so useful. Very hard to get rid of them!

• Like 1

My apartment doesn't have a pantry so I have one of those big free-standing three shelf wire racks.  Works great for storing boxes and cans but smaller items like sauces and spice tend to slip through the cracks.  Repurposed Birchboxes have saved the day.  An extra plus is that if there's an oil leak, I know I have a new box coming next month to replace it.

• Like 2

Got one of my boxes today. I opened a new sub with no profile info on it to see if I will like it. So far I like all of the boxes on this account (knock on wood) 400

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira685 View Post

Mine went to Oakland, then Berkeley, then back to Oakland. I live in Richmond, so it's not even in the right county, LOL. This doesn't normally happen, I don't know what is up with USPS this month!

My box just shipped today, does anyone know when my box page will update? Thanks~
Probably 6am est if you paid after the first.

Ugh! My box has been sitting in North Carolina for 3 days now. Estimated delivery was 2 days ago. I want my box of goodies! I think today is the day it's going to move north to my direction. Wishful thinking. . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkersangel View Post

Ugh! My box has been sitting in North Carolina for 3 days now. Estimated delivery was 2 days ago. I want my box of goodies! I think today is the day it's going to move north to my direction.

Wishful thinking. . . .

Mine's been sitting in Cincinnati for 3 days! Which is only about 30 min. from my house. We did get hit with a bunch of snow last night, but that doesn't explain why it wasn't on my doorstep yesterday afternoon like I was expecting :(