Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissJexie

Rachel
Reaction score
So I was contacted by a company called memebox back in September and was asked if I wanted to do a few reviews on my blog of their beauty box. They are one of the top beauty boxes in Korea, apparently, so I was pretty interested.

I've received 3 boxes so far, and I am really loving them. I was wondering if anyone else is getting the memeboxes. What do you think of them? Or is this something you'd be interested in?

They aren't a subscription service, though. Basically you sign up on their website (I think it's memeboxusa.com) and they will send you an e-mail when a new edition of the box is available, and you can decide to purchase it at that time. Every box you get costs $21 and $7 for shipping, however they give you a $7 credit in their online store for each box to sort of reimburse you for the shipping.

I also thought I'd post a few pictures of what the boxes have looked like:

The last photo is the most recent box which is still available for purchase on their site. I LOVE the fact that there's a full size Dr. Jart eye serum in there! The boxes almost always retail for over $100, which is awesome. (I don't get any kickback for posting this or anything, I just thought they were an awesome company and I know there must be other people interested in Korean beauty products like I am!)

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I was contacted by a company called memebox back in September and was asked if I wanted to do a few reviews on my blog of their beauty box. They are one of the top beauty boxes in Korea, apparently, so I was pretty interested.

I've received 3 boxes so far, and I am really loving them. I was wondering if anyone else is getting the memeboxes. What do you think of them? Or is this something you'd be interested in?

They aren't a subscription service, though. Basically you sign up on their website (I think it's memeboxusa.com) and they will send you an e-mail when a new edition of the box is available, and you can decide to purchase it at that time. Every box you get costs $21 and $7 for shipping, however they give you a $7 credit in their online store for each box to sort of reimburse you for the shipping.

I also thought I'd post a few pictures of what the boxes have looked like:

The last photo is the most recent box which is still available for purchase on their site. I LOVE the fact that there's a full size Dr. Jart eye serum in there! The boxes almost always retail for over $100, which is awesome. (I don't get any kickback for posting this or anything, I just thought they were an awesome company and I know there must be other people interested in Korean beauty products like I am!)
I've been thinking about purchasing one of those! Is the 2nd picture the 3rd or the 4th edition?  Both editions are available.

Quote: Originally Posted by annifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I've been thinking about purchasing one of those! Is the 2nd picture the 3rd or the 4th edition?  Both editions are available.
The last picture is the "3rd Global Edition" as I think the 4th just shipped out to to their partners. They are a great company, and are really helpful in answering questions and issues. I haven't had a single problem so far. I'm kind of obsessed with this most recent box though. The weird lip-gel thing is something I can't wait to try. It's like a sheet mask for your lips!

The last picture is the "3rd Global Edition" as I think the 4th just shipped out to to their partners. They are a great company, and are really helpful in answering questions and issues. I haven't had a single problem so far. I'm kind of obsessed with this most recent box though. The weird lip-gel thing is something I can't wait to try. It's like a sheet mask for your lips!
I was wondering what that lip thing was! lol. I may just get the 4th one since it's available now, I'm not a fan of fake lashes.  So far, they have all looked like great boxes!

I was wondering what that lip thing was! lol. I may just get the 4th one since it's available now, I'm not a fan of fake lashes.  So far, they have all looked like great boxes!

I'm definitely curious to what the 4th box has in store for us. I'm not a huge fan of falsies either, although I know they're like a beauty staple in Korea! haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just ordered the third edition box and it is en route-Can't wait to see what is inside!! This will be the first one I receive. I am new here btw!! Nice to meet you and happy boxing 
icon_smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by SunflowerinLC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just ordered the third edition box and it is en route-Can't wait to see what is inside!! This will be the first one I receive. I am new here btw!! Nice to meet you and happy boxing 
icon_smile.gif

Welcome to MUT! And yea they are really nice boxes! So far I've been pleased with every one, which is rare for a subscription box!

I just ordered the 4th one and I can't wait to see what's in it!
Post pictures when you get it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I just e-mailed memebox about the 4th edition and they said,

"The 4th box just came out and we expect to ship out the box end of January.   The reason we opened the 4th box early is because we thought there is a high chance that the 3rd box will be sold out soon :)"     So it looks like the 3rd edition won't be in stock for much longer. Excited to see what the 4th brings!

Im dying to try this subscription! I love skincare and I've had really good luck with Asian BB creams, oil cleansers, and other skincare products, so I think this would be such an awesome value for me (usability wise). I just need to wait until I have a little more wiggle room in my budget. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by jocedun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Im dying to try this subscription! I love skincare and I've had really good luck with Asian BB creams, oil cleansers, and other skincare products, so I think this would be such an awesome value for me (usability wise). I just need to wait until I have a little more wiggle room in my budget. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

They usually release a new edition monthly, although it can vary occasionally. I would sign up to get a notification for the next box. The good thing is you don't have to subscribe monthly, or at all for that matter. You just have to make an account on their website with your e-mail address and they will message you when a new box becomes available. Then you can decide if you want to purchase it or not. It's not an auto-renew subcription like Birchbox or Ipsy. You can just buy a box when you have the extra money, and not buy one when you're broke! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

(oh and also, I totally agree with you! I have amazing luck with korean skincare brands, and since I started getting this box I haven't needed to buy anything! I always have new things to try and they're always so gentle and effective on my skin!)

Post pictures when you get it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I plan on it!!!

*stops lurking*

I haven't participated in any threads since I joined MUT, but I suppose now is better than never. Not really a coincidence (since most of those who ordered probably already got theirs too), but I got my 3rd Global Edition of Memebox today! I literally just opened it a few minutes ago to check them out and I like the variety so far. I think the cost justifies what they send us.

The face cream called "cheese" cream sounded weird to me at first, but once I tried it I actually liked it! I have it on my face right now, lol. Now I'm excited to try the rest of the items in the box. The Tonymoly lip tint smells like strawberry candy!

Sadly, I missed the 1st and 2nd editions, and never got a notification for the 4th one. Good thing I saw your post, I'm off to order the 4th box. Thanks
smile.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by lemonsquares /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  *stops lurking*

I haven't participated in any threads since I joined MUT, but I suppose now is better than never. Not really a coincidence (since most of those who ordered probably already got theirs too), but I got my 3rd Global Edition of Memebox today! I literally just opened it a few minutes ago to check them out and I like the variety so far. I think the cost justifies what they send us.

The face cream called "cheese" cream sounded weird to me at first, but once I tried it I actually liked it! I have it on my face right now, lol. Now I'm excited to try the rest of the items in the box. The Tonymoly lip tint smells like strawberry candy!

Sadly, I missed the 1st and 2nd editions, and never got a notification for the 4th one. Good thing I saw your post, I'm off to order the 4th box. Thanks
smile.gif

My third edition is the on the way and I just ordered the 4th edition tonight..I am a bad girl!!lol I also stopped lurking tonight so it's good to see I am not the only one!  The products sound interesting so TY for those neat details (the cheese cream sounds right up my alley!) Can't wait to get my boxes 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

My third edition is the on the way and I just ordered the 4th edition tonight..I am a bad girl!!lol I also stopped lurking tonight so it's good to see I am not the only one!  The products sound interesting so TY for those neat details (the cheese cream sounds right up my alley!) Can't wait to get my boxes 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

High five! I usually just read through the posts but I guess I was still pretty excited about the contents of my box that when it popped up here at MUT I couldn't help but join in
smile.gif

The face/cheese cream smells lovely-- initially disliked the smell but it's subtle (smells baby powder-ish) if you only use a tiny amount so that's okay. It's not greasy, it absorbed into my skin pretty well. Hope you get your box soon too!

High five! I usually just read through the posts but I guess I was still pretty excited about the contents of my box that when it popped up here at MUT I couldn't help but join in
smile.gif

The face/cheese cream smells lovely-- initially disliked the smell but it's subtle (smells baby powder-ish) if you only use a tiny amount so that's okay. It's not greasy, it absorbed into my skin pretty well. Hope you get your box soon too!

I totally agree about the cheese cream LOL. I was like...wait is this made of CHEESE? But reading the packaging they apparently just meant that it has a similar...consistency to cheese? IDK Korean stuff is weird! It smells really nice and feels nice on the skin, I'm loving it so far!

Memebox told me that they're sending their blogger/youtuber partners the 4th Edition box at the end of January, so I guess I'll have to wait until then for it, but I'm hoping someone posts a spoiler before then!

Has anyone tried the weird lip gel-thing yet? I did earlier today and it was soooo odd haha. I almost scared my fiance to death wearing it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

smile.gif

I totally agree about the cheese cream LOL. I was like...wait is this made of CHEESE? But reading the packaging they apparently just meant that it has a similar...consistency to cheese? IDK Korean stuff is weird! It smells really nice and feels nice on the skin, I'm loving it so far!

Memebox told me that they're sending their blogger/youtuber partners the 4th Edition box at the end of January, so I guess I'll have to wait until then for it, but I'm hoping someone posts a spoiler before then!

Has anyone tried the weird lip gel-thing yet? I did earlier today and it was soooo odd haha. I almost scared my fiance to death wearing it!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I am REALLY looking forward to these boxes now (thanks ladies, I am jealous!). I LOVE some great skin care-the weirder the better! haha!

I am REALLY looking forward to these boxes now (thanks ladies, I am jealous!). I LOVE some great skin care-the weirder the better! haha!
I love weird skincare stuff too lol! I think that's why I'm drawn to Korean brands. Always coming up with the next new/weird thing! I can't wait to see what in the 4th edition box. I had the first 2 spoiled for me, but I opened the 3rd edition completely spoiler-free and it was such an awesome box for me!

Latest posts

Back