MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJexie View Post

They definitely have a card in the box with English descriptions and instructions. Not all of them have ingredients lists but I have e-mailed them before and asked for ingredients if I cant' find them online and they've provided it. They are great boxes and really worth the cost considering what you get for this price point from US boxes!

Thank you for the reply!! Can't wait to try out the products!!

OK they gave me $5.00 mileage for ordering box 3 so I use that toward box 4! So I now have both 3 and 4 coming! You all are such enablers!! LOL. I am excited about this new sub! Everyone have a blessed weekend!!!!

• Like 1

I caved and ordered both 3 and 4. Asian skincare is my thing and I'm justifying it because I'm not using my Ulta f&f coupon. So excited for the surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunflowerinLC View Post

I am REALLY looking forward to these boxes now (thanks ladies, I am jealous!). I LOVE some great skin care-the weirder the better! haha!

They do put GOAT MILK in a ton of north american products, so to me that is the same.

Like a lot of "asian" things I've bought this year, some of the translation can be strangely done.

I had saved a pic of a makeup bag I was going to get, but just deleted the pic..will  try and find it.

The saying on the bag was "now is time, look at your watch, you can do it...." or something similar.

I was also looking at some dresses I wanted to buy and can anyone explain what is a "FALLABALLA DRESS"???

I see this wording a lot and have no clue.

Also a lot of "BIG YARDS PANTS"  "BIG YARDS CLOTHES"??

Also on one site I was buying a shirt and one heading was BIG CLOTHING FOR FAT WOMAN

-and the plus size was my size....around a lands end size 6...lol.
maybe for asian that is a big size....

Well, I'm sure a lot of people in other countries find what we have in North American different or strange.

I know where I live it seems there is always tons of Somali/Arab/African people- esp a lot of the younger people they seem to love Mcdonalds and also Dairy Queen and even in -20 freezing weather the Dairy Queen beside my house has a long lineup which seems to be more ethnic than other people...

Anyways, I live in a pretty interesting part of the city....!

Ok,

I do not need this box of Korean cosmetics. But it looks so fun I will have to order it.

Was just about to order some cosmetics from another Asian site (and will also as there was some items I needed.....).

I guess this will replace crappy seasonsbox for me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellesnails View Post

I caved and ordered both 3 and 4. Asian skincare is my thing and I'm justifying it because I'm not using my Ulta f&f coupon. So excited for the surprise.

I'm so excited to see what is in #4!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee View Post

Ok,

I do not need this box of Korean cosmetics. But it looks so fun I will have to order it.

Was just about to order some cosmetics from another Asian site (and will also as there was some items I needed.....).

I guess this will replace crappy seasonsbox for me.....

Seasonsbox started off cute but it's way too pricey for what they send IMO

I just ordered boxes 3 and 4. Thanks for the referral info, @MissJexie

If anyone is interested, I just read this "beginner's guide to Korean makeup" on Into The Gloss the other day. It's an interview with a woman who runs Soko Glam, a site that curates and sells Korean beauty products: http://intothegloss.com/2014/01/korean-makeup/

Anyone tried bamboo salt toothpaste??

• Like 2

I just ordered the third edition a few days ago and the fourth this morning. I passed on this first two because there wasn't much info on the subscription out there and I wanted to know what was inside first . I seriously regret that now! Thanks for the referral info!

• Like 1

I just ordered the 3rd Edition.  I love trying new things, so this seems like it will be fun.  I'll probably order the 4th Edition on Friday.  

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmGee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunflowerinLC View Post

I am REALLY looking forward to these boxes now (thanks ladies, I am jealous!). I LOVE some great skin care-the weirder the better! haha!

They do put GOAT MILK in a ton of north american products, so to me that is the same.

Like a lot of "asian" things I've bought this year, some of the translation can be strangely done.

I had saved a pic of a makeup bag I was going to get, but just deleted the pic..will  try and find it.

The saying on the bag was "now is time, look at your watch, you can do it...." or something similar.

I was also looking at some dresses I wanted to buy and can anyone explain what is a "FALLABALLA DRESS"???

I see this wording a lot and have no clue.

Also a lot of "BIG YARDS PANTS"  "BIG YARDS CLOTHES"??

Also on one site I was buying a shirt and one heading was BIG CLOTHING FOR FAT WOMAN

-and the plus size was my size....around a lands end size 6...lol.
maybe for asian that is a big size....

Well, I'm sure a lot of people in other countries find what we have in North American different or strange.

I know where I live it seems there is always tons of Somali/Arab/African people- esp a lot of the younger people they seem to love Mcdonalds and also Dairy Queen and even in -20 freezing weather the Dairy Queen beside my house has a long lineup which seems to be more ethnic than other people...

Anyways, I live in a pretty interesting part of the city....!

Falbala is a gathered ruffle, flounce or trim. I could see it getting turned into 'falabala' with Japanese, and likely Korean, pronunciations. The use of ruffles in Asian clothing is fairly common for giving an item delicate femininity. 

I'm a US dress size 4 and generally wear smalls. In Japan, my tops always had to be Medium at the smallest and sometimes a Large to accommodate my bust. Pants are generally a disaster if your hips and waist are not approximately the same. In order to fit my hips into anything, my waist was invariably swimming and I had to rely on elastic waists, cinching and belts to keep anything up. 

I'm really curious as to what's going to be in the next box!

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeOmega View Post

Falbala is a gathered ruffle, flounce or trim. I could see it getting turned into 'falabala' with Japanese, and likely Korean, pronunciations. The use of ruffles in Asian clothing is fairly common for giving an item delicate femininity. 

I'm a US dress size 4 and generally wear smalls. In Japan, my tops always had to be Medium at the smallest and sometimes a Large to accommodate my bust. Pants are generally a disaster if your hips and waist are not approximately the same. In order to fit my hips into anything, my waist was invariably swimming and I had to rely on elastic waists, cinching and belts to keep anything up. 

I'm really curious as to what's going to be in the next box!

Thanks for the info,

it was on a Chinese site I saw these terms, but I will pay attention as to if all those items have ruffles..I will try and remember that!

For me it is the opposite- tops on most of the asian sites seem too small unless it is XL or XXL, but for pants I've been able to fit into anything labeled as "one size", which is usually quite small.

My legs are fairly thin and I do not have much hips-so most pants are fine. But I do find a lot of US and some Canadian pants are always too big in the butt and hips for me...

I think a lot of the asian sites have really cute dresses and it is nice to see they have so many with sleeves or not too low cut and good for daytime.

So much stuff at the mall here is just not good for daytime at all it seems.

• Like 1

I used EMS post - the k-packet was almost 60 bucks in shipping cost. 

*edit* I got it backwards, (and since I had two boxes they doubled the 25$ shipping cost) don't do EMS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotoko View Post

Do you guys use K-Packet or EMS Korea Post?

I used the K-Packet option, which was free for me. The EMS option added about $25 to my total.

Edit:

The K-Packet option technically isn't free... I meant to say I got charged $6.97 for shipping, which I guess is the K-Packet option. Choosing EMS makes shipping $25 instead of $6.97.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchristina View Post

Thats weird, the photo shows free express shipping but when I select it, it charges me.

The K-Packet was free for me as well, with the EMS adding to the total. Might want to contact them through the 1:1 feature and see what is going on with that. They are generally pretty quick to reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchristina View Post

Thats weird, the photo shows free express shipping but when I select it, it charges me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldendarter View Post

The K-Packet was free for me as well, with the EMS adding to the total. Might want to contact them through the 1:1 feature and see what is going on with that. They are generally pretty quick to reply.

Sorry if my reply up there added to the confusion... Shipping isn't really free, it's $6.97 and it's the K-Packet option. The free part is the upgrade to express shipping, I think.

Yayy I'm so excited to have more people signing up! I always get mine and have no one to talk to about it! haha :)

• Like 2

Yayy I'm so excited to have more people signing up! I always get mine and have no one to talk to about it! haha :)
Glad we could make you feel better by ordering. : ). But it was you who started the thread and got us talking about it and now we have each other to talk with!!! Thank you Miss Jexie!!!! : )
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure if you e-mail them at [email protected] and say that HarlotBeauty referred you (also let them know your user name on the site) you guys will get an extra $5 in credit on your account. I get complimentary boxes so I don't get any kickback from them (just so MUT mods know, I'm not profiting off referrals in any way), but I know you guys get the $5 so I thought I'd pass that along!
Thank you! It worked! Great customer service. I'm so excited to find this box! Thank you thank you thank you!! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by queeenb View Post

Thank you! It worked! Great customer service. I'm so excited to find this box!
Thank you thank you thank you!! Lol

Yay that's awesome to hear and you're welcome! And they do have great customer service, So nice :)

Just ordered the 3rd edition box! I am a sucker for Asian skincare and this sounds awesome :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliu8108 View Post

Just ordered the 3rd edition box! I am a sucker for Asian skincare and this sounds awesome :)

It really is an awesome box! Can't wait to see what's int he 4th edition! I've used quite a bit of the skincare items I've received and have had great results with most of them. We got a full sized BB cream in the 2nd edition and I love Korean BB's and already have a favorite, but I was blown away at how much I loved this one. The BB alone was well worth the cost of the box!