MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Okay, I received my I'm Eyeshadows the other day...here is my review that I also posted in my blog

memeshadow1.png

I also purchased two of XO Memebox branded items, "I'm Eyeshadow" ~ in case an inanimate object ever forgets that it is eyeshadow, I suppose ~ in Queen and Soul.   They have 5 different shades and they are split pan eyeshadows.  Queen and Soul are the wine and brown colors of the offerings.

memeshadow2.png

The pans are nice looking, very study black rounds, similar in size to Mac's eyeshadows.  The website description is confusing, because I thought one of the shades, Deep Wine, was duplicated between the two pans.  However, I am happy to report that these shades are different!  No duplicates :)

Queen ~ Chocolate Brown (shimmer) and Deep Wine (matte)
    Soul ~ Deep Wine (matte)  and Wine Brown (shimmer)

memeshadow3.png

• Chocolate Brown Shimmer (Queen)
  • Deep Wine Matte (Queen)
  • Deep Wine Matte (Soul)
  • Wine Brown Shimmer  (Soul)

The above swatches were taken at night under different lighting conditions.  Also, I did not use primer ~ these shadows were swatched directly from the pan to my skin.  As you can see, the pigmentation is pretty decent even without primer and there was no fall out in the shadows.  The texture and quality is the same as the Pony Palette.  I am really pleased with the colors ~ I love browns and plums and these are perfect fall/winter colors for me.  I did use Soul yesterday and I have to say ~ if you have green or eyes with green in them, these colors will make the green in your eyes POP!  I had comments from friends and co-workers if I was wearing colored contacts!

• Like 4

I was randomly thinking about the whole free sampling event thing, and couldn't help but notice that a lot of us on here have won multiple items. Sometimes during the same round. It seems like there's a ton of winners for each item.

Does anyone else wonder if they do that so that they'll get legitimate reviews to help push back all the fake ones? 

I was randomly thinking about the whole free sampling event thing, and couldn't help but notice that a lot of us on here have won multiple items. Sometimes during the same round. It seems like there's a ton of winners for each item.

Does anyone else wonder if they do that so that they'll get legitimate reviews to help push back all the fake ones? 

I won one item with my I would like to try this product "review" but I am not going to bother and write a real review! I think it's more likely that the brand gave them some products to give for free so they selected a lot of winners.

They know what they have to do to get a real review... like when they send the feedback form for the cleanser in luckybox 10.

By the way, did anyone get that 1 point for the feedback form we completed?

The oddest thing just happened. CPM2 is still in stock but when I try adding one to my cart it tells me that that the required quantity is not available. Could it be...?

Edit: Okay scratch that; it was just a bug. There are still 16 available

Edited by Liv

The oddest thing just happened. CPM2 is still in stock but when I try adding one to my cart it tells me that that the required quantity is not available. Could it be...?

Edit: Okay scratch that; it was just a bug. There are still 16 available

Hahahahah

I feel like we need to celebrate the CP2 selling out. How does one throw an online celebration?

I wish I had a blog, just so that I could do a giveaway.  :lol:

• Like 1

Do know...once they have sold out, we're going to miss them...

Nah, only joking lol!!!

Edited by Alidolly
  • Like 2

I'm afraid of them adding more inventory.

And I'm afraid of restocks.

:(

Edited by cfisher
  • Like 1

@@biancardi

You are brave for taking the plunge and investing in their eyeshadow! They seem nice, but nothing more special than something I can buy here and not have to wait 2 weeks for it to ship. I just don't see makeup being a big item for for them, skincare is what korea is known for.

IDK. Glad you seem happy with them though and it wasn't a waste.

Has anyone gotten the Chosungah peachy glow pact and what does it look like it person?  I've been looking at it on the site for a while now but just can't seem to justify the cost to myself - but it intrigues me and tempts me none the less

I got the yet set too. Did u get two cherry blossom lip tint and no pearl paradaise? Seems like everyone is having that problem including me

Yep, two cherry blossoms. I don't mind though since it's a nice color and I don't know what I'll do with a white lipgloss. :P

@@avarier @@MemeJunkie @@had706 Part of me wonders if it's something to do with rules and regulation with shipping hair spray, because sometimes I'll seen ENTIRE hair care lines from Korea and the only thing I won't see is any sort of styling product. For example, Innisfree has a Camellia line that I love and I have no problem finding like 10 different hair treatments/shampoos/conditioners, but I know there's a couple of hair styling items (I think just hair sprays) and I NEVER see them online. No idea why. I definitely agree that they don't seem to be big on hair styling products, but back then I still thought Memebox tried to stick to their themes. 

I just hope in the future these sorts of silly things do't happen.

On a side note....Gwen just got back to me about my Pinkaholic box. She mentioned having to submit tons of requests and apparently her and Arthur arranged for it to be shipped expedited. Beyond generous of them since I said I had no problem just being refunded in points. But it definitely seemed quite clear that they're having a lot of trouble communicating things to Korea. 

But considering that the Pinkaholic was restocked then apparently sold out, and based on what she said about boxes...I'm thinking we have an upcoming restock. Quite possibly a large one.  :D

I think anything in an aerosol can (which most hair sprays are in) have to be shipped a certain way. I was trying to buy Avene Thermal water spray on SaSa but was forced to purchase expedite shipping instead of their standard shipping because they told me it has to do with regulations (so I ended up just buying it on Amazon). 

The new Hair Salon box has pushed me to finally chop off my tragic hair--8 or 9 inches, my appointment is in 2 hours. I know that if I put these products up against my extremely dead, overprocessed ends, they will really not work well. I'm also concerned about my long hair transferring all of these products that I wouldn't put on my face to my face--hopefully shorter hair will be easier to control. eee!

• Like 7

@ - its liberating. Had butt length hair at the start of November and got it chopped to on the shoulder with highlights. So much easier to dry and not using as much meme hair products on split ends lol!!

Go for it gal!!

The new Hair Salon box has pushed me to finally chop off my tragic hair--8 or 9 inches, my appointment is in 2 hours. I know that if I put these products up against my extremely dead, overprocessed ends, they will really not work well. I'm also concerned about my long hair transferring all of these products that I wouldn't put on my face to my face--hopefully shorter hair will be easier to control. eee!

I need to do this too. The scraggly ends of my hair go to the middle of my back. I'm thinking of chopping off about 8-10 inches or more. 

I can't be the only one who finds themselves going to the memebox page hoping they will discover something they didn't notice before?

• Like 4

I need to do this too. The scraggly ends of my hair go to the middle of my back. I'm thinking of chopping off about 8-10 inches or more. 

I can't be the only one who finds themselves going to the memebox page hoping they will discover something they didn't notice before?

I stopped bothering.

But only because I think if anything changes, some of the ladies on here will let the rest of us know. ;)

Edited by cfisher
  • Like 2

Girls a question.. 

100% = true love for memebox 

0% = no love for memebox

On how much % are you?

Because I'm loosing the love quite much these days :(

• Like 2

@@marjojojoleintje lol [insert mysterious number]

@@biancardi ikr! Ahhh barely containing the thirst. :P :P They should make a Mega Christmas Jackpot like 2000 boxes I think. 

On the brighter side of things, I read there are less than 10 CPM 2s left. :o

Girls a question.. 

100% = true love for memebox 

0% = no love for memebox

On how much % are you?

Because I'm loosing the love quite much these days :(

I think I'm at 60% right now :) I was never crazy obsessed with them to begin with, but I liked the majority of the boxes that I got.

• Like 1