MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Aww dang I had black friday 4 and 5 in my cart and then decided against it because I was worried about repeats and CPM leftovers, but both boxes look pretty good! Nice to see some Benton in there!

Aww dang I had black friday 4 and 5 in my cart and then decided against it because I was worried about repeats and CPM leftovers, but both boxes look pretty good! Nice to see some Benton in there!

Same.

I actually purchased them and then had them cancelled.

I'm glad they are decent boxes though.

Had not bought any Benton products (the value set etc) as didnt like the way they handled the contamination issue but looks like I'll be getting a bottle anyway so will give it a go.

Now I'm cautiously optimistic about pumpkin / anniversary being at least ok boxes. Please don't disappoint...

Think the sheer number of posts on Facebook, Instagram and twitter asking what has happened to the boxes (and emails sent direct) finally prompted them to put out a statement. Just hope for their sake its not a case of too little, too late!

I also hope they suspended VIP status for this month - so if you had it, it is maintained irrespective of the number of boxes purchased as THEY didnt release them so not the customers fault and we shouldn't be penalised for that either.

Even giving some of the make-up from the cpm2 box to local colleges / schools would be a nice gesture.

• Like 2

@MissJexie  Is the Benton steam cream very moisturizing? I'm still waiting on my value set to arrive and I am just curious if the cream will provide enough moisture to my combo skin now that the weather is getting colder...

As a Blithe addict, I am happy to see that they are making some other products than only the patting water. It seems they have just introduced the vita injection and pressed serum products this month. Not that I need more creams or serums but...  :wub:

serum.jpg

• Like 5

Has anyone else been asked to submit feedback about a particular product that was in a specific box? Just been asked about the Peripura stick that was in the Thanksgiving box - short questionnaire asking whether I liked it or not...

Truthfully said that for the summer, it would make a nice bronzer given the warm golden tone and probably wouldn't wear in winter. Texture was creamy but not overly watery either so went on evenly.

Would I use it again? Yes, in the summer...

Has anyone else been asked to submit feedback about a particular product that was in a specific box? Just been asked about the Peripura stick that was in the Thanksgiving box - short questionnaire asking whether I liked it or not...

Truthfully said that for the summer, it would make a nice bronzer given the warm golden tone and probably wouldn't wear in winter. Texture was creamy but not overly watery either so went on evenly.

Would I use it again? Yes, in the summer...

Yeah, they send those short surveys about specific items sometimes. 

And is this soap new? I don't remember seeing it before. I think it might be in Cleopatra box.

http://us.memebox.com/egyptian-diet-soap

• Like 2

It was already included in the Diet Superbox.

Gotcha. I'm pretty sure I didn't even look at the contents of that one. The theme and the packaging definitely fit the Cleopatra box though, I wonder if we'll see it as a repeat product. 

Edited by OiiO

@MissJexie  Is the Benton steam cream very moisturizing? I'm still waiting on my value set to arrive and I am just curious if the cream will provide enough moisture to my combo skin now that the weather is getting colder...

It's hard to say, really. I have combo skin but it leans toward oily. I think the steam cream is actually moisturizing without FEELING like it is, if that makes sense. It's very thick but absorbs quick and you only need a small amount. I use it along with a heavier sleeping pack and have no issues with lack of moisture when I wake up in the am :)

• Like 1

OMG I'm going to cry--the winner of my CPM2 giveaway [FINALLY] received her package and she loves it and it's her first experience with kbeauty. Urgh--what's sad is that to me the box is so meh, but there are tons of girls and some boys who would LOVE to receive a box like that.

Yeah, I'm one of those girls. I still like CPM2. For all the shit it gets it's really a nice box with cute-as-hell packaging, and some whimsical products. I get that it's not as value-added as a lot of other boxes, but I think if you're happy to get what you pay for, it's a fun box to receive. My friend just got one and she's going on about the lip crayon which she was totally prepared to hate based on all the shade this box has gotten. I think the appreciation for CPM2 is relative to your expectations. Once you receive a couple boxes with a Memevalue of $180+ it's hard to like a box worth a lot less. All in all I don't think it's so terrible. I think the 5K cock-up is what tainted this box and Marzia herself. Anyone coming to these boards would literally think CPM2 is the Anti-Christ!

:P

• Like 3

Lol I am indifferent to that box.... I don't think I care enough to hate it.

Would rather have that box than petit treasures.... I hate that box

• Like 4

Lol I am indifferent to that box.... I don't think I care enough to hate it.

Would rather have that box than petit treasures.... I hate that box

Totally agree. Petite Treasures just looked so sad..4 products in a tiny box. I've bought three of the CPM2 boxes (mainly to get the fast shipping on another box or the Hallabong) so its not a bad box, just that shoving leftovers into other boxes is poor as people bought those boxes to get something different. K-Style was an absolute disgrace and I'd have been furious had I purchased that one. As it is, I've loads of the appletox and that Revecen purple gunk. The apples I can give to family but the purple stuff?! Is there anyone who would actually use that?

• Like 2

Totally agree. Petite Treasures just looked so sad..4 products in a tiny box. I've bought three of the CPM2 boxes (mainly to get the fast shipping on another box or the Hallabong) so its not a bad box, just that shoving leftovers into other boxes is poor as people bought those boxes to get something different. K-Style was an absolute disgrace and I'd have been furious had I purchased that one. As it is, I've loads of the appletox and that Revecen purple gunk. The apples I can give to family but the purple stuff?! Is there anyone who would actually use that?

K-Style box had a lot of potential. How cool would it be to get things that Korean women actually love and use?

It's hard to say, really. I have combo skin but it leans toward oily. I think the steam cream is actually moisturizing without FEELING like it is, if that makes sense. It's very thick but absorbs quick and you only need a small amount. I use it along with a heavier sleeping pack and have no issues with lack of moisture when I wake up in the am :)

I think that's the perfect way to describe it. It doesn't have that slightly greasy feeling that a lot of creams have, it dries almost matte. So it moisturizes but doesn't feel like the typical moisturizer. 

this is what I wrote about the Benton Snail Bee Steam Cream in my review

I have started to use this cream as my daily moisturizer since I received it.  The cream is pure white, has no scent and has a thick consistency.   I found that I only need a little bit of this cream to moisturize my face, otherwise it won’t absorb into my skin.    It is very hydrating and does not leave an oily residue on my face.   Once the cream is absorbed, it has a matte finish on my skin,  which I do appreciate.  The long term benefits of this cream is that it is to help reduce the appearance of acne scars and hyper-pigmentation and help with fine lines and wrinkles.  So far, I am liking the Benton High Content Steam Bee Snail Cream. 

• Like 1

After seeing the contents of recent boxes, I am legitimately more pissed off about boxes like K-Style 4 and "Super"lucky box 11. Not that I would wish CPM products on anyone, but I don't understand the method to their madness here.

After seeing the contents of recent boxes, I am legitimately more pissed off about boxes like K-Style 4 and "Super"lucky box 11. Not that I would wish CPM products on anyone, but I don't understand the method to their madness here.

Tbh I would trade either of those for petit treasures

Well all these decent boxes is making feel a bit more optimistic for my Wonder Woman / Empress's Secrets bundle looking forward to next weeks spoilers now.

Quick question - does anyone have the Gold Clutch RiRi pigment from the Tinkerbell box? Opened mine today and was expecting it to be gold dust but looks more brown and slightly clumpy. I can't make out the expiry date on the bottom of the container either but just wanted to check it was meant to be brown with good flecks in it..

(was putting a little glitter on daughter as it was her nursery Christmas play and she was Mrs Claus!)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the info on the Benton steam cream. And I'm so totally for anything that helps fade hyper-pigmentation and acne scars and minimizes fine lines. Now I'm even more excited about getting the Benton value set!

My Meme enthusiasm is dying. I filmed Dirty Gal/Hair Salon unboxings on Saturday and still haven't gotten around to editing them yet; usually I'm racing to post them asap but I just... haven't. They were good boxes, so I'm not sure why I'm dragging my feet on this! Maybe I'm just overloaded with product. I have just one more box on the way, a restock, and I'm good with that. I do miss watching the excitement of regular box releases quite a bit.

I'm glad to see that the recent shipments are good, though; Oh My Lips exceeded my expectations - it looks like a fun and useful box.

Also thought I'd share that the SoyBio Lumpoule saved my skin yesterday! I had a bad reaction to a sheet mask (hives from a Nature Republic Lavender Aqua Gel mask), and then I accidentally undermoisturized my skin in the morning, so I had dry, itchy, irritated skin all day at work and it was awful. The instant I applied the lumpoule when I got home, my skin felt so soothed, moisturized, and normal again! I'm already halfway through one of my two little bottles; what am I going to do when I run out oh noooooo

Thanks for reading my brain dump, lol. Gold star for you! :wizard:

Edited by flushblush
  • Like 5