MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Am a newbie to the forum and to Membox and so I ask this "stupid" question.  I ordered 3 boxes recently and then saw the reviews and tried to cancel the order/substitute 2 boxes in their place.  Gwen wrote and said sorry, no cancellation and by the time I received her response the boxes I wanted were gone.  I have read that cancellation are or were possible as long as requested within 5 days or order placement, which I did.  What did I do wrong??  Like many others I have been frustrated with the lack of new boxes and the real kicker was trying to purchase boxes, having the site crash and by the time I get back to the box page, the boxes are sold out.  Tis enough to make a woman weep!!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

I agree, 29 is too much to take a risk when it seems that the products will be repeats. I don't trust memebox choosing "the best"! And it's such a shame that memebox doesn't bundle these boxes... I want to see spoilers!! Did anyone paid for express delivery? I guess not...

Am a newbie to the forum and to Membox and so I ask this "stupid" question.  I ordered 3 boxes recently and then saw the reviews and tried to cancel the order/substitute 2 boxes in their place.  Gwen wrote and said sorry, no cancellation and by the time I received her response the boxes I wanted were gone.  I have read that cancellation are or were possible as long as requested within 5 days or order placement, which I did.  What did I do wrong??  Like many others I have been frustrated with the lack of new boxes and the real kicker was trying to purchase boxes, having the site crash and by the time I get back to the box page, the boxes are sold out.  Tis enough to make a woman weep!!

You can't cancel a box a few days before it's shipped, even if it's within 5 days of order. Maybe that;s why they couldn't cancel them. I'll try to find the exact rule.

DId you purchase the restock boxes...I am not completely sure so correct me if I am wrong...you cant cancel restock orders because they are ready to ship items :(

@@jmen Here it is:

Regarding orders shipped from Korea

only Memeboxes are allowed cancellations. You may cancel only until 5 business days before the shipping date of your order (Korean time). Feel free to cancel your purchase by contacting our customer support team.

There are a few exceptions to cancellations: Boxes that are ready to ship or begin shipment within 3-5 business days cannot be cancelled. 

*Restocks that are ready to ship cannot be cancelled.

@@juless231 no worries, either way I will let you know!

@@blinded, @@ata123, @@Bunbunny yay I am happy to meet other Canadians here! I hope we can swap in the future if you guys are interested :)

It looks like everyone is hestiant to purchase the new K-beauty box...I really want to but not sure if I want to risk it. But I might if they bundle the two new boxes like others have said!!

• Like 1

Just noticed that another item in the Garden Box has an expiry date of October 2015. For that reason, I'm giving this one a miss as I fear more items with short use by dates. I've bought lucky box #12 and will see what that includes but if its more short dated items, I'm through completely with memebox (until they pick up their game at the very least).

Though the promise of removing dark eyes IS tempting..but not enough now..

• Like 1

Just noticed that another item in the Garden Box has an expiry date of October 2015. For that reason, I'm giving this one a miss as I fear more items with short use by dates. I've bought lucky box #12 and will see what that includes but if its more short dated items, I'm through completely with memebox (until they pick up their game at the very least).

Though the promise of removing dark eyes IS tempting..but not enough now..

what are all of the items that have a shortened expiry date?

thanks

Ladies, in regards to the expired item....Was it the item that was in the Jackpot box?

I received those with the same date. It's a blatant warehouse clearout.

Or there a new item that I need to keep an eye out for?

I posted in the spoilers thread about an expired one-use item that came in the Garden of Eden box today...the "till" date is 12/18/14.  Not sure what you got in the Jackpot box...

Is the packaging black with an animal on it?

Tbh I know there has been more than one occasion where they have refused to cancel someone's box on here that was over a week away. Can't remember who.

I think sometimes they want to bend their own ruling if they think they can get away with it.

All the trust seems to be fading with memebox at the moment. I'm sure the new box will sell out before Christmas but I'll wait for any restocks if its a good one. To me, they seem to just be clearing out old stuff they've had lying about and supplementing with an order of stock they got cheap because of the use by dates. They need to start adding spoilers for boxes that will ship out quickly (so can't be cancelled). A couple of decent spoilers and I'd reconsider but as it stands, I think there are a lot of ladies that are apprehensive of spending any more money with an organisation that appears not to care what its customers want or think

• Like 3

When will we get spoilers for the new mask box, mine ones snail mail

I ordered this with express shipping, but so far I see no indication that it has been shipped. That means Tuesday at the very earliest, I think.

• Like 2

@@sayswhoo Yes, that's the item! I haven't opened my value set yet today...So just so everyone knows, the one use expired item is an item they tried to clear out by shoving in LOTS of Jackpot boxes.

Wow, they must have found a hidden stash of them.

Not cool Memebox.

If anything, it should have been a free added on item....A month or two ago.

(But, really....I wish ALL of the repeats has been gotten rid of through one heck of a Jackpot Memebox. Because this is ruining them.)

Edited by cfisher
  • Like 1

All the trust seems to be fading with memebox at the moment. I'm sure the new box will sell out before Christmas but I'll wait for any restocks if its a good one. To me, they seem to just be clearing out old stuff they've had lying about and supplementing with an order of stock they got cheap because of the use by dates. They need to start adding spoilers for boxes that will ship out quickly (so can't be cancelled). A couple of decent spoilers and I'd reconsider but as it stands, I think there are a lot of ladies that are apprehensive of spending any more money with an organisation that appears not to care what its customers want or think

I don't think they will restock any of the new boxes as they don't accept cancellations for them. Unless they receive back boxes that had the wrong address on. I agree that should add at least one spoiler for these boxes. I think it will be safe again to buy boxes once they clear out completely their warehouse!

@@cfisher Yikes...I agree it should have been a free added on item given out months ago. Luckily though I still like the box so I'm just gonna use the item tonite before I go out to dinner and forget about it. :P

• Like 1

@@sayswhoo Yes, that's the item! I haven't opened my value set yet today...So just so everyone knows, the one use expired item is an item they tried to clear out by shoving in LOTS of Jackpot boxes.

Wow, they must have found a hidden stash of them.

Not cool Memebox.

If anything, it should have been a free added on item....A month or two ago.

Then that makes it worse - the fact they KNEW the item was due to expire soon / had expired but still put it in the box.

Not impressed at all.

I don't necessarily think they knew it had expired. I've actually purchased those panda eye masks from Wishtrend, and I received a box of 10 that had only weeks to be used up, which is ridiculous. 

But they definitely should be checking these dates of repeats from so long ago.

And I have the bundle that arrived today, and I see multiple other repeats. 

I am so so so so so so so sick of getting repeats in every box now. 

Especially since it's so obvious it's warehouse clearouts from long ago. 

Well, Ladies....

I've joined the strike. Unless it's a box where I know it will contain items I can use up (like mask boxes).

No more boxes for me until they clear this mess up. (Our out, apparently.)

I never thought I'd see the day. (I bet none of you did either.)  :lol:

Edited by cfisher
  • Like 6

I just have to say (on a random, completely unrelated note) that I'm loving the packaging of these Vivito music themed items (some were in the color box I think, one was in wonder woman)!  I love that the concealer looks like a little mixer.  I thought it was just on the box, but its actually on the items too.  Coolio!

• Like 1

My guess is that issues like products expiring soon came out now, because it's one year since memebox started. Probably they hadn't realised that some of the products that bought some time ago would still be in their warehouse and now they try to get rid of them.

Tbh I know there has been more than one occasion where they have refused to cancel someone's box on here that was over a week away. Can't remember who.

I think sometimes they want to bend their own ruling if they think they can get away with it.

I think that was me. I tried to cancel my Tea Tree + F/W Bundle 2 weeks before it shipped and the first CS rep said no, but then I emailed back kind of demanding they cancel it and copying and pasting their policy from the website and they relented lol.

I ordered the new Christmas box. I'm not sure why, it just 'spoke' to me more than all the other ones in the series. I'm actually hoping for a mix of skincare and makeup because I need more glitter in my life.