MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

I am a bit confused with the sample box. I had a look at previous boxes and the herbal shampoo 50ml in hair salon appears as full size but there is a 250 ml bottle of the same shampoo in green food cosmetics, right? I would say that the 50 ml is a travel size/deluxe sample but apparently, according to the cards is not.

But the 50 ml moisturiser in the green food cosmetics IS a sample size...

What is a deluxe sample according to memebox?

lol just got special codes for money off shop us and for the memebox branded stuff.... Lol I am british and have no interest in that stuff

I saw that email as well and I thought it was a joke... If anyone is interested I have the following vip codes I am not going to use (pm for the code as there is a limit on the number of times you can use it):

25% OFF on any full-priced item* from Shop USA (limit 2x use):

2. 20% OFF on any full-priced XO MEMEBOX item**  (limit 1x use):

* Excludes XO Memebox items and value sets. Code will not work if cart includes non-discountable items. 

** Excludes value sets and discounted items.

1. 10% OFF International Shop orders above $150 (limit 2x use)

2. 10% OFF SHOP USA orders above $50 (limit 4x use)

3. 15% OFF XO MEMEBOX orders above $50 (limit 5x use)

The new email is an absolute joke.

question for those who got the Brighten & Correct box.

What is the expiry date on your Withme White Perfection cream?? Mine says 201_ 0715. Just my luck the year doesn't get stamped properly. Thanks!

So Boxing Day Special #2 sold out!  Wow, that was quick!  I'm wondering if the "no CPM2 items" disclaimer contributed to this box selling out...  I think memebox just stumbled upon a new marketing strategy (2 for 2 so far). :D

Edited by Stella A
  • Like 1

One second I see the box, I press click to add it in my cart and then sold out... I think it's the price and I liked the idea that I would have 11 different items to try!

• Like 1

@@Alex Z. Yeah, I completely agree that the combination of 11 products and low box price point makes for an attractive box offering. What are the odds that memebox is testing the waters for a possible monthly subscription service?

• Like 1

I decided not to get it. I don't think the box will be full of foil samples, and their old mini boxes weren't too bad. I just don't seem to use samples for some reason. I just hoard them. I also don't trust the "full size" item description. It could be one mask. For $12 I have no doubt it's going to be something like that. 

• Like 1

Sorry for being off-topic, but just want to inform that TesterKorea is hosting 30% off Brands Sale (which is almost everything in their store)

and

Merry christmas everyone :D Hope you have a good one this year! <3

• Like 1

Daughter was up at 6.20 but pretended to be asleep so she's gone back to bed. Pity her dad is snoring so no chance of me getting back to sleep. Why do men do that!?!

Yet another VIP email that's a waste of time. C'mon memebox, what about your international customers and offering them 25% off stuff in the global store or free shipping or something?

Ok, just checked and the 20% voucher can be used for the new Pony palette (single one) so works out about £14.50 for those in the UK or just under $22 including shipping which isn't bad. So anyone wanting to try the pony palette can get it a wee bit cheaper (not quite free shipping but nearly).

What are the odds that memebox is testing the waters for a possible monthly subscription service?

If the samples are really deluxe, then I wouldn't mind such a subscription! Birchbox has similar price and contains only 5. 10 would be great! I am curious about this box now!

Given its not got the disclaimer - does that mean its got CPM2 leftovers?!

I want to buy this box but there was disclaimer for box #1 and #2, so why not for #3? I won't risk it, I don't want any cpm2 products.

• Like 1

That's what I thought too. I've already got 3 Revecen purple things and 3 lip crayons, I do not want any more of those thanks.

Will see what the actual Boxing Day brings...though have a feeling it'll be more of the same - box 4 and 5 perhaps. Sort of Black Friday repeated. I'd like themed boxes again...even if its just a vague Wintercare box or New Year, New You. These Boxing Day boxes just make me think - clear out of old stock. I've bought #2 as I can use the samples.

• Like 1

I went for it and ordered today's box! With the description saying the best known brands internationally, hoping there are some good items.

Hope all of you are having a wonderful holiday!

• Like 2

I don't trust Memebox's "best known brands internationally" tag line after their bloggers pick box, best of boxes, etc.   The Boxing Day boxes are still too vague in their description  - at least with the christmas ones and thanksgiving, they actually had a theme.

anyway.... for the rest of us

post-103689-0-72974800-1419514882.jpg

• Like 6

Ya, very true lol. I still have a good feeling about this one! I'm happy with the K beauty wrapup I have on the way so hopeful for this one.

Merry Christmas all!

I was about to pick up the new Boxing Day box because they added a CPM2 disclaimer and mentioned makeup. Instead, I placed an order at TesterKorea instead because I was desperate for a Clio Lipnicure and Memebox doesn't want to sell it to me, or any other international consumers.

Edited by TonyaBeans

Merry Christmas all!

I was about to pick up the new Boxing Day box because they added a CPM2 disclaimer and mentioned makeup. Instead, I placed an order at TesterKorea instead because I was desperate for a Clio Lipnicure and Memebox doesn't want to sell it to me, or any other international consumers.

Lol - they must have read my comment about CPM2 leftovers...So, thanks for that ;) think I'll hold off though till tomorrow and see what comes out then...if its still around then I might be tempted but if not, there will be new boxes hopefully in the new year.