MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

ladies anyone waiting on black friday boxes still, I've finally emailed memebox after the last of my latest boxes all turned up,since after they were ordered  lb12,mask,kwrap,global18 etc all here , bfriday 4 ordered and shipped same day as 5,gotbox 4- 2 weeks ago but 5 is missing in action, tracking went cold on the 11th dec, uk royal mail have tried tracking number and say nothing coming up,i think i have a lost parcel, should i open a paypal claim now as it will be too late once memebox get back to me i feel.

what have you all done with this type of issue before.

ladies anyone waiting on black friday boxes still, I've finally emailed memebox after the last of my latest boxes all turned up,since after they were ordered  lb12,mask,kwrap,global18 etc all here , bfriday 4 ordered and shipped same day as 5,gotbox 4- 2 weeks ago but 5 is missing in action, tracking went cold on the 11th dec, uk royal mail have tried tracking number and say nothing coming up,i think i have a lost parcel, should i open a paypal claim now as it will be too late once memebox get back to me i feel.

what have you all done with this type of issue before.

I'd give them 3 business days to respond, then I'd open a Paypal claim.  You get to open a dispute first, which allows Memebox to work it out with you via Paypal (so Paypal will have a record of all communication), and then you have a window after that to escalate it to an actual claim, if the box doesn't arrive and Meme isn't working with you.  At any time, should Meme fix the problem to your satisfaction or if the box arrives, you may close the dispute or claim.

Meme will drag their feet, not respond to you, take weeks to even do a cursory "keep waiting! be patient!" email, etc.   If you open a dispute, you are protected from being at the whim of their inconsistent, frankly pretty terrible customer service. 

• Like 2

My sister somehow stumbled upon the restocks this morning and purchased 4 of them - coincidentally the 4 of them that I wanted items from. Now I just have to convince her she doesn't need the HolikaHolika cleansing oil, the vibrating egg, Banila Clean It Zero, or the Clean Foot mask. I mean, she doesn't wear foundation or BB cream or anything, so the oil cleansers are a waste on her, right? lol

• Like 1

I'm considering opening a dispute over the Tea Tree box. Have any of the other missing Tea Tree ladies done that yet?

I just did a dispute over the Soothing Sista box I never got. Memebox responded to it by providing a tracking # which was the same "going nowhere" tracking number I provided myself when I entered the dispute. I have no idea if Paypal will just close it because they provided a tracking number or if they'll actually look at it and see that it doesn't come up at all on the USPS site and the tracking stops moving on the Korean tracking at the end of November. Who knows. Maybe it will turn up eventually. I'm glad I'm done with Memebox though. 

@@biancardi, thanks for the secret key set review! I bought the 1st one but after seeing your review, I also bought the second set! :D 

Just did a purchase @ roserose, since memeshop has ridiculous shipping fee. 

Got my I'm eyeshadow set and they ended up giving me 2 of the #1, while missing #2. :( No response still for almost 2 weeks now. I wonder when they'll come back to life and answer ALL of our emails!?

• Like 1

Just received my Brighten & Correct box - I think it's my new favorite box so far!! - You can't really go wrong with a brighten box.

• Like 1

@catyz  Try sending them a fresh email with a photo attached. Maybe if your email shows up at the top of the heap they will respond in a timely manner since they have been responding to emails the last couple of days (yea!!!).

Edited by Stella A
  • Like 1

@catyz  Try sending them a fresh email with a photo attached. Maybe if your email shows up at the top of the heap they will respond in a timely manner since they have been responding to emails the last couple of days (yea!!!).

@, haha, thanks. I did, a few times actually. The funny thing is, I sent the pics in my first email and they responded right away asking for 'packaging pics,' which I didn't really understand what that meant so I just took pics of the box that the eyeshadows came in and then never heard back since. 

• Like 1

Are there info cards out for the boxing day boxes yet?

Oops.. think that was already asked! Not seeing them on my phone but will check on my computer.

Edited by juless231
  • Like 2

@, haha, thanks. I did, a few times actually. The funny thing is, I sent the pics in my first email and they responded right away asking for 'packaging pics,' which I didn't really understand what that meant so I just took pics of the box that the eyeshadows came in and then never heard back since. 

:( Sorry to hear that. Hopefully someone here with experience in getting the CS's attention can help out.

• Like 1

Gwen has responded to me SIX times today over an assortment of old issues. All of which were resolved today.

Some of which are of course over a month old.

Customer service is ALIVE.

Good luck, Ladies! 

(And if your emails are REALLY old, resend one...Like, now!) 

• Like 2

Have you seen this one? It's the first time I see it (I apologise if it is already posted). I remember when we read about memebox plans to focus on their own brand and for some of us it was hard to believe. It seems that they were working on this plan for quite some time as they have prepared so many products just in time for Christmas! I am not going to buy any memebox products, not interested in the moment. There are a lot of well established brands I want to try and I don't see why I should choose memebox over them.

post-115653-0-34219100-1419981473.jpg

Have you seen this one? It's the first time I see it (I apologise if it is already posted). I remember when we read about memebox plans to focus on their own brand and for some of us it was hard to believe. It seems that they were working on this plan for quite some time as they have prepared so many products just in time for Christmas! I am not going to buy any memebox products, not interested in the moment. There are a lot of well established brands I want to try and I don't see why I should choose memebox over them.

attachicon.gifmyself.JPG

I really wouldn't count out the Memebox makeup line, truly. I have tried out the eye shadow duos and thei eyeliner and I've been very, very impressed with them, especially at their price point. I know many of the other ladies here have tried the lip products and have been wowed by them as well. Definitely worth it to check them out!

I really wouldn't count out the Memebox makeup line, truly. I have tried out the eye shadow duos and thei eyeliner and I've been very, very impressed with them, especially at their price point. I know many of the other ladies here have tried the lip products and have been wowed by them as well. Definitely worth it to check them out!

I will admit. In regards to the makeup...The quality is there. Decent color options (no orange lippies!) Good price point. The "I'm" thing is silly, but as people have mentioned....Dorky, at worst. Decent packaging, and impressive packaging for the lip products I received. 

It's the skincare I struggle to take seriously. On every level. 

• Like 1

I was thinking about the skincare/shampoo etc products. Even if  the make up line is great, I can find nice makeup products in good prices in UK! I am not interested in make-up boxes/products, although I have received some nice ones in memeboxes. And even if the pigmentation, colours, packaging etc are great, at the moment, I don't consider memebox a reliable brand and I wouldn't trust the ingredients they use and the research they have done. I have no evidence and I don't try to persuade anyone, these are just my thoughts! If they can't handle properly customers complains, delayed boxes, cancelling boxes, sending wrong orders, miscommunication etc.  they can't convince me that they put enough effort/time/money in research and ingredients!

• Like 8

Okay been offered ten points for wrong brush... Not happy but gonna deal with it when feeling less ill

WHAT?!?! How much did you pay for it?!

You should be getting a full refund.

It's not your fault that they don't want to pay shipping costs for you to return it (probably costs them less to buy a new one, anyways).

• Like 1

@, & @@cfisher, thanks. I think I sent an email yesterday or the day before since I saw CS was replying to some emails but still didn't get anything back so I think they are just ignoring my request for now. 

@@Jane George, I'm sorry to hear that. That is quite horrible for them to do that. I hope they'll be able to give you a decent compensation later on! 

Glad people are starting to get somewhere with CS!

Bah, wish that they would release the info cards for the boxing day boxes! I have a good feeling about 3... thought my feelings on Memeboxes have not led me well in the past!

Also, my friend just messaged me saying how she was about to buy a Memebox but spoke with a makeup artist who told her that the items just whiten your skin and that she is already so pale nothing from Korea would work for her. Instead she bought something else. I set her straight, lol! I wish people who are professionals would actually research a bit before giving incorrect information to people!! 

I got the same old canned reply from " Memebox Global" ( no siggies) regarding 2 lost boxes.

Is Gwen in LA? They sent me the wrong box almost 2 months ago, never sent the box I paid for. Gwen asked for photos of the wrong box ( thankfully still complete and new at that time), which I provided before Christmas. 

I've not heard a word since... and I've also been very sick and unable to write Gwen back until today.

Has anyone ever gotten a refund when Memebox failed to ship the box you ordered?

Also, I wanted to say what I think about the " I'm" products I have purchased. .

I bought all the lip products and I love most of them. For my coloring, there ARE a few that are too coral- toned to look attractive, but I'm probably still a bit paranoid about corals because of all the horrid orange colors from Memebox in the past. . 

I also have all the shadows ( monos and duos) and the eyeliners.

IMO, the liners are great and a very good value. IF they had a different brand name on them, I think they would be sell outs... and would also be priced a lot higher as well.  

I got the new Pony compact with the liner, blush, brush and a lippie set. The blush is the only one of the Meme- brand I have.. The blush I got was of course, coral. I think it's extremely " chalky" looking, barely pigmented, and looks quite bland and blah. 

As far as the eye shadow colors, I like all the duos better than most of the single shadows. Some of the mono shadows look " muddy" to me, and the color gradients between two or three are very slight. 

I will never ever, not in a million years, no matter if everyone raves about them, buy any of the " Myself" body products in the little serving sizes. I think they look like the freebies stocked in the bathroom of a mid-level or less hotel, LOL. Memespies- I think you should have the picture about the body, hair and other assorted " myself" packs now. They may be hits in Korea, IDK, but I don't think the rest of the beauty world wants them. 

Happy New Year, everyone- especially our Aussie and European Meme- friends here friends who will celebrate first. :)
It is a joy and a privilege to post with all of you. You have educated me and enabled me quite boldly about Memeboxes and K- beauty products since June. My skin and I thank you. I never imagined that my skin care purchasing habits would take a 180 degree turn, but it's been always surprising, and mostly very positive. 

I wonder what 2015 will bring in the world of skin care and beauty products? :) 

• Like 5

I hope everyone has a happy new years eve. :) I've been pretty busy with the holidays and thinking of going on a year-long no-buy for my resolution, which would sadly include Memebox. I'm thinking of setting aside some money for the lip products though. Luckily they're not LE or anything so no pressure until a sale or coupon comes up. If anyone has one of a crayon, tint, and lipstick -- which do you prefer of the three?

Edited by Bunbunny
  • Like 1

From Memebox FB

Spoiler Alert!

BOXING DAY SPECIAL #5 Spoiler 

Purederm Yogurt Wash-off Pack 15ea
Randomly selected from Strawberry & Kiwi

A wash-off type facial mask made from yogurt, collagen, Vitamin E, and various fruit extracts. The kiwi mask helps to exfoliate dead skin cells while the strawberry mask helps to control out excess sebum and oil, both effective for maintaining a healthy, glowing complexion.

post-108696-0-43190800-1420015371.pngpost-108696-0-88482200-1420015380.png

It seems they're including a full box, 15 pieces or am I getting it wrong? Because if it's just one mask... Then it's rather sad.

• Like 1