MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Biancardi, I don't have them yet! I wish, I bought them on the same day you guys did from TK. I don't think tester korea even shipped them yet. I did see some swatches online though. 

https://beautyfulldreams.wordpress.com/tag/valentine-collection/

Anyone else having problems with Canada post? My Intro Sampler set ($15) "arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing" for the past 5 days or so. Not sure if that means it got stuck in customs.

EDIT: This site has better swatches. http://musicalhouses.blogspot.ca/2015/02/etude-house-give-me-chocolate-eyeshadow.html

Edited by sam356

Biancardi, I don't have them yet! I wish, I bought them on the same day you guys did from TK. I don't think tester korea even shipped them yet. I did see some swatches online though. 

https://beautyfulldreams.wordpress.com/tag/valentine-collection/

Anyone else having problems with Canada post? My Intro Sampler set ($15) "arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing" for the past 5 days or so. Not sure if that means it got stuck in customs.

EDIT: This site has better swatches. http://musicalhouses.blogspot.ca/2015/02/etude-house-give-me-chocolate-eyeshadow.html

Me!!! I had two parcels arrive in Canada at the same time. One arrived to me Monday, second FINALLY moved out of "arrived in Canada" yesterday. Also, usually it goes to Ont., then finishes "processing" there, then to Dieppe then PEI. This one landed in Ont., finished processing in Montreal, and is now apparently "in transit". No idea what the hell happened there....

My packages come to the Mississauga, Ontario and then they ship it my house. I only live a few minutes away from Mississauaga, so I don't understand why it's taking so long :(  Yay, at least your package is in transit, you will get it soon enough! One of packages actually went around the entire country before it came to me lol. It was Canada Post error apparently. I feel a little bit better now. I hope its not being held up by Canada Customs because my package is under $20 :( Could be the current weather....who knows. I usually get my packages within 2-3 days after they're get sent for further processing.

• Like 1

Just had to say Goodbye, Memebox.

Whereas other local companies want to go global, you went from global to local. But I have had my fun, thanks. Time to spread my wings and fly, lol.

My guess is they ran out of prospect companies which are willing to hand out free items/items for a small price to put in boxes. Sure S.Korea probably has the biggest number of skincare companies, but it's still not unlimited.

Anyone have trouble going past the homepage for Memebox? Trying to get into my account and it crashes on me each time.. You would think after they cut off the international customers their website would be easier to access.. not the other way around.. 

I was having this problem yesterday (haven't tried today yet). I had something in the cart and tried to check out but now I'm glad it didn't work. Great way to keep me from buying. :)

My only reason for going to the Memebox website now is to check the status of my commission. I refuse to buy anything online with Paypal until I can cash out these points. Plus, with my Feb 15 Ebates payout, I may be able to put in a sizable TesterKorea order that costs me literally nothing. Those are always the best kind of hauls.

• Like 6

My only reason for going to the Memebox website now is to check the status of my commission. I refuse to buy anything online with Paypal until I can cash out these points. Plus, with my Feb 15 Ebates payout, I may be able to put in a sizable TesterKorea order that costs me literally nothing. Those are always the best kind of hauls.

That's the same thing I'm doing. My ebates payout came already, so I spent that this morning on some Missha samples from BNK, but I've been making my TK wishlist since memebox broke up with me. I have added and removed so many things it's almost borderlining on obsessive. I figure it's free money and I should use it to get at least one or two items I might not have bought with my own money. 

I also won a $25 Amazon gift card, so I was going to spend that on some skincare but amazon.ca is so overpriced it's almost funny. I think I'm going to test out a Japanese sunscreen. I really need to be better about applying it all the time and not just in the summer. 

• Like 1

I now appreciate my insanely gigantic stash of products I will never be able to use up in time.

Guess we were all smart to have hoarded them after all.

@@LisaLeah Haha! Yes!  I have enough for me, my sisters, mom, aunts, cousin and every female I work with at this point.  I can get us all through the Zombie Apocalypse with gorgeous skin. :D

• Like 4

I received my last box today and tbh looking at my stash I have enough for years

Me too! I put everything that expires this year in a plastic tub in my bathroom so I can try to use it up. I also put everything that expires in 2017 in a big plastic tub and put it in the closet so I won't be tempted to open any of it. Although there are lots of things in that tub that I would like to try, but I just have to wait.

• Like 4

Still got 7 things to come from Memeland - the valentine bundle (3), Shara shara, Velieve, Korea's most wanted 2 and the spider pack. Thought that would have arrived today but might appear tomorrow. Sooo tempted by the Innisfree website at the moment but worried I'll get whacked for VAT on arrival (and that damned £12 letter to say I've got a payment to make). I don't have a problem paying the VAT but do object to them charging an obscene amount for the card when they are just holding the parcel at the local depot :( utter rip off.

So..trying hard to resist as not like I actually need anything now...or in a years time...or perhaps two..

• Like 2

Just realised that memebox cs are not even sure of basics... I sent an email about the lippy which has an expired date and got a reply back saying it was a sell by date....

Why would a manufacturer put a sell by date on their product... A use by date I understand because it covers their butts but not a sell by date.

Indeed even if it was a sell by date... Why are they selling after?

Edited by Jane George
  • Like 2

Just realised that memebox cs are not even sure of basics... I sent an email about the lippy which has an expired date and got a reply back saying it was a sell by date....

Why would a manufacturer put a sell by date on their product... A use by date I understand because it covers their butts but not a sell by date.

Indeed even if it was a sell by date... Why are they selling after?

That's the most ridiculous explanation I ever heard, "sell by date"!!!

• Like 1

For those that have ordered the valentines bundle, looks like they shipped today as just had DHL text and looks like its been picked up from the warehouse...actually excited about this one as really, really, REALLY hoping its going to be amazing (yes, yes...I know, it'll be mediocre at best but I can dream).

• Like 2

Looks like Best Beauty Forward spoilers are now up on Instagram and FB...

I will have to take a look!  thanks

Just got an email for a collaboration box with Yeondukong. Any thoughts?

The first thing I thought was that she was 12! haha  She is so cute and very young looking (she is actually 25)    I am not a fan of cream sticks either.  If folks love those colors, mememakeup is really good - I purchased one of their lip crayons, eyeliners and a couple of the eyeshadows, so it isn't a bad deal.  I just don't care for the colors they picked, plus the cream blush sticks - nope.  I am surprised they didn't put in the contour sticks - as she also has those on memebox-korea

They have 2 more collaborators on memebox-korea that I think we might be seeing soon as well

So Young - who has a concealer, some eyestick cream shadows,   lip & cheek colors in a doe applicator

http://www.memebox.com/page/9879?source=1276

Da Yeong (her line is called XO Black Line, cause all of the packaging is black, maybe?)  - she has lipsticks, powder blushes, stick foundation, foundation brush

http://www.memebox.com/page/9883?source=1280

Out of these 3 collaborators, I am most interested in Da Yeong's line - I am tempted by So Young's eyestick shadows as well.

• Like 2

She is very young looking isn't she :) When I saw the box, I thought of it being really cute for younger girls. I'm sure my daughter would love it. Luckily she doesn't see it plus she is really too young to wear any makeup. I think the colors wouldn't work with me. Thanks for the other recommendations. They look interesting. I also like the black packaging.

I recently received my Mystery box and I'm curious did everyone get different items in their Mystery boxes? Cause I've seen pictures of what other ppl got and, what I have in mine aint anywhere near the same.. :/

I recently received my Mystery box and I'm curious did everyone get different items in their Mystery boxes? Cause I've seen pictures of what other ppl got and, what I have in mine aint anywhere near the same.. :/

They were different. Some better than others...mine was utter rubbish and not worth the money paid.

• Like 1