MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Ugh I'm sorry! What is going on with everything right now, geez!

I know! Just in the last couple of weeks there has been the questionable Elizavecca masks, Mizon and now Benton floating bits. That's too much, especially since I bought all 3 of them. Everyone! Don't buy anything I am buying. I'm cursed. 

• Like 3

@blinded  Thanks for the heads up! Mine has floaties in it to and it is from the same lot as yours. Do you think that the other Benton products are safe to use? Just a bit worried that the company is lax with quality control because of the past issue with the bad batch of the essence and now this toner batch...

I'm not qualified to guess, but for now I'm going to try not to panic and I'm still going to use my open products. I'd say just keep an eye on the other stuff as you use it. I haven't used anything from this value set yet. I would really like to know if the problems are the way Benton produces their products, or if it's more related to the actual formula of the products and the storage and transportation of them. The fact Mizon has similar looking particles in their toner makes me think it's not just a Benton issue, but might be connected to items being shipped around the world in fluctuating temperatures. But, I wouldn't blame anyone if they wanted to stay far away from Benton. 

I just checked my Benton snail bee skin and it's got floating bits in it too. It's from batch EZ0K013. I've been using it for about a month already and never noticed it because the bottle is dark. Thankfully my skin has been ok...maybe it's just how the product is...? At least I'm hoping so...

I'm really tempted to take this into lab with me on Monday to get a better look at the floaties under a microscope.  Heck, I'll even pipet some out if necessary for a better look. In the meantime, I just sent an email to memebox with photos attached so hopefully they can look into the issue and let us know if it is contamination or precipitation caused from storage/shipping methods.

• Like 3

Yep, mine has floaters too. And I know for a fact they were not there when I originally bought the set, because I inspected everything, considering the company's previous record. Please tell us if you find out anything

Oh no...I can't bear the thought of another Benton issue. :( The Snail bee Essence and Steam Cream have been true holy grail game-changers for me, and the sheet mass have minimized breakouts for me after just one use. I hate that they seem to have issues more often than other companies. I haven't used any of the other products from their line, and I'll admit I have been curious...but I can't lie when I say I check my bottles of essence almost every time I put it on. The Benton fear is real lol

• Like 2

Oh no...I can't bear the thought of another Benton issue. :( The Snail bee Essence and Steam Cream have been true holy grail game-changers for me, and the sheet mass have minimized breakouts for me after just one use. I hate that they seem to have issues more often than other companies. I haven't used any of the other products from their line, and I'll admit I have been curious...but I can't lie when I say I check my bottles of essence almost every time I put it on. The Benton fear is real lol

Same here. I really want this to be a storage, transportation or Memebox issue. I understand that Benton uses more "natural" preservatives, but maybe that's not a good thing. I really don't want to give up my essence or steam cream. 

I looked at mine (as I ordered several of those kits) and other than the normal "bubble" formation that occurs in gel solutions, I do not see any floaters.

• Like 1

I looked at mine (as I ordered several of those kits) and other than the normal "bubble" formation that occurs in gel solutions, I do not see any floaters.

We're talking about High Content Skin, which is a liquid watery toner, not a gel.

We're talking about High Content Skin, which is a liquid watery toner, not a gel.

oh - let me take a look at those - I have two of them. Thank you!!

I just checked mine and I don't see anything in mine. Looks completely clear. The mfg date is 2014 11 06

• Like 1

There doesn't seem to be consistency between the mfg dates. It can be from the same batch and some are good some are bad, and there are at least two different dates. I have zero knowledge on this type of stuff, but to me it seems like it's not a Benton issue but something else. If it was Benton's fault, would there be both good and bad products in two different batches? Perhaps the product can't stand up to the shipping process in the winter? 

• Like 1

oh - let me take a look at those - I have two of them. Thank you!!

If there are any floaters, you'll see them right away. I'm scared to use it now :(

Oh, really hope its not contamination issue again with the Bentons stuff. I wasn't going to buy the set but after everyone raving about how great the products are I bought it. My bottle is from the same batch but "looks" ok at the moment. There are little bubbles on the pump tube but I can't see anything else in there atm. Have the bottles with the floaters been used or were they brand new?

I'd be worried if this is the second batch of contaminated products from the same company and on a different product line (essence vs content skin).

Really need to find out what the floaters are. According to the blurb, Bentons content skin should have antibacterial properties. Did the company ever actually state what the contamination was with the essence? Was it mould spores or something else?

Really don't want to use any of the products if it IS a contamination issue. Once is unfortunate but twice is downright careless imho and could sink the company completely given they only have the one line (don't they?). Just hope for their sake, its nothing serious.

I thought I had seen a email or comment with the CEO email about this latest blurb and he requested to email him at Benton and get replacement sent out .

It may of been on the addicts page or somewhere . I know I was so dang tired from work yesterday it caught my eye .

This is what I found on Facebook not sure if this is the one your talking about there is the same address on Instagram for another product of there's that is coming through cloudy .ot seems the aloe serum and a different gel have cloudy or floaters in .

"Benton Snail Bee Essence update:

Mr.Lee of Benton Cosmetic quickly responded to my email about the contaminated products. The good news is that the issue is confined to product manufactured on 3-5-2014 (March 5, 2014).

Mr.Lee is currently investigating the matter in order to prevent it from happening again. If you have any product from this batch, he encourages you to contact him. He will ensure that your product is promptly replaced.

Here is the contact email address: [email protected]"

• Like 1

I've got Benton Skin EZ0L153 dated 2015.01.05 and have been using it for over a week and it's clear of floaters. Maybe if it gets too cold something separates out?

Has anyone received review points lately? I submitted mine over a week ago and it's not in my account yet. If they don't put it in soon, I will miss the withdrawal date :(

Does anyone know if customer service is all US based now or is it still split? Waiting for my commission to be turned into points and to hear about the benton issue. Just wondering which time zone I need to be concerned with. 

Nope, I've been waiting for almost two weeks to get my review points.

Not sure if they stopped giving out points since they're not catering to international customers anymore. Maybe they will turn the points we're supposed to receive directly into cash after we send them the paypal payout form, without bothering to turn them into review points first?

I'm wondering if I should wait for my remaining points or just go ahead and get cash for the review points I already have in my account.

So I took pics of the floaties in my Benton Skin toner (pics taken on a stereo microscope at 10x magnification).  So the floaties are actually white aggregates of I have no clue what. The first pic was taken with illumination from above on a black background, the second with illumination from below.

Also, has anyone emailed memebox and gotten a response yet?

post-117936-0-83854800-1424120630_thumb.jpg

post-117936-0-34381900-1424120645_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

@stellaA they look slightly crystalline in nature to me. Defo don't look like mould spores (which is good in one way) so could they be a result of heat then rapid freeze (coming from warm country into hold of plane then to warm country again) having an effect on the ingredients....or perhaps grit / dirt but that wouldn't explain why clear bottles are now showing the floaters...hmmmm...

@Alidolly  The little components of the aggregates are of varying shapes which are not typical of mold spores (at least from pics that I found online). I do know from experience that some solution components like detergents will precipitate out of solution at colder temperatures or from changes in pH or salt concentrations. Just wanted to share the pics hoping that others might have some insights into what may be going on with the Benton Skin stuff...

ETA: I did make sure to use proper sterile technique getting the aliquot of the toner out of the bottle just in case the floaties turn out to be innocuous because I really really want to try the Benton Skin out :D!

Edited by Stella A
  • Like 1