MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

Last year one of my boxes was seized by customs for improper labelling of cosmetics. Maybe they got caught too many times so they stopped international shipping. But that doesn't explain why the products sold at the US location do not have English ingredients. Hmmm! Now I am curious.

I found this interesting.  The FDA in the USA classifies sunscreen as a "drug" and I know for a fact that I have not received sunscreens labeled in English

That is interesting about the labeling in English, I read a couple of those articles in the FDA site, and yes, that could explain why we won't get fun products from S.Korea anymore, unless Memebox slaps a sticker on it with a translation.  I don't understand why they do not hire a couple of people to do this as their job.

• Like 2

I think that the translation of ingredients should be a job for the cosmetics company not memebox. Why should memebox take the responsibility of translating the ingredients? And in that case shouldn't the company of the product agree to give the task to memebox? If you owned the company, would you want people to translate by themselves the ingredients and stick stickers on your products? With the lack of professionalism memebox shows, I wouldn't trust them!

• Like 1

@@Alex Z.  I agree it should be the cosmetics company, however, if that cosmetics company doesn't sell overseas (and never plans to) and memebox decided to put it in their boxes, that is why I think memebox should do it.   It might be that the company thinks it is going into Memebox Korea and it gets put into Memebox USA (or in the past, global)

I stand corrected - I think it could be a flyer, not a sticker on the product, with the list of ingredients of all of the products.  And yes, memebox has shown a lack of professionalism.  I just find it ironically funny that many of us do not speak or read Korean, and yet we are able to translate the ingredients ourselves!!  You'd think memebox would have Korean-English translators.

Edited by biancardi
  • Like 1

Don't know if a flyer would cut it with UK legislation as it could become separated from the product so think it would need to have it as a sticker on the box or product itself. Agree it should really be the cosmetic company doing it but as @@biancardi said, if they had no plans to export out of South Korea then why should they incur extra expense having to do that...that's probably why they are using larger brands in the us store. So, any UK version would likely have similar products....then they would need to offer something the other companies (sending from Korea direct) couldn't offer. The boxes are what sold memebox so well curated boxes that are cheaper to purchase than buying the products individually would be ok. They could also sell their own brand (as can get them printed a source). Again, takes time to organise this so can't see any relaunch before nearer the end of te year tbh...if even then. UK legislation / council applications etc are notoriously slow here.

Looking at the new hangover box that was just released actually makes me happy that Memebox broke up with me. What a sad looking box. They really must be trying to attract new customers who haven't yet learned about all the other great korean online stores. 

my god i had to type in memebox to search its not in my previous or history any longer, 

on looking at these new usa boxes am i thinking they heavy on the masks as fillers,and the lowest values going,and only certain brands,

there does not seem to be the value or choice in the boxes now,

but they must be selling ok in the usa,

my god i had to type in memebox to search its not in my previous or history any longer, 

on looking at these new usa boxes am i thinking they heavy on the masks as fillers,and the lowest values going,and only certain brands,

there does not seem to be the value or choice in the boxes now,

but they must be selling ok in the usa,

I don't know - the mystery boxes sold out quickly....but others have been hanging around.

I haven't been making that many sales since global was dropped. 

I'm thinking of mask maven, maybe as monthly choice,.

I signed up for that - that and maskgenie will keep me in masks - and happy!  Both are different enough that I can swing both

• Like 1

I want to see what brands are going to be in mask maven. All this money I'm saving not buying memeboxes has to go somewhere. Just trying to decide if it'll be mask maven or mask genie. 

I want to see what brands are going to be in mask maven. All this money I'm saving not buying memeboxes has to go somewhere. Just trying to decide if it'll be mask maven or mask genie. 

i do both ,but mask maven is a mixture of masks, not just sheet masks.so it will be different to mask genie,

So my Seeds & Flower box has finally started to move (I was sent the tracking info several days ago, but the tracking seemed stuck at pre-shipment). Apparently it is shipping out of Colorado... has anyone else noticed this? If not, I think they might have sent me the wrong tracking number.

So my Seeds & Flower box has finally started to move (I was sent the tracking info several days ago, but the tracking seemed stuck at pre-shipment). Apparently it is shipping out of Colorado... has anyone else noticed this? If not, I think they might have sent me the wrong tracking number.

Yeah, first I got a tracking email with a weird Excel spreadsheet formula looking thing, then I got another tracking email with a U.S. USPS looking tracking number for that same box which did not make any sense since it was shipping from Korea, but I tried to track it with the U.S. tracking number and it just says pre shipment for Parcel Post. On my account on the Meme website it just shows the weird Excel type number. I think they sent out the wrong tracking. I sent an email about it last week but have not hear back yet.

Yeah, first I got a tracking email with a weird Excel spreadsheet formula looking thing, then I got another tracking email with a U.S. USPS looking tracking number for that same box which did not make any sense since it was shipping from Korea, but I tried to track it with the U.S. tracking number and it just says pre shipment for Parcel Post. On my account on the Meme website it just shows the weird Excel type number. I think they sent out the wrong tracking. I sent an email about it last week but have not hear back yet.

Yeah, I have the weird tracking number on the website too. Have a messed up tracking number for LB14 as well, plus a box that apparently hasn't been shipped from Korea yet.

Memebox, even though you didn't break up with me, you're making me want to break up with you :/

@@theori3 they definitely gave some screwy tracking info. Sorry you are having issues with 3 boxes. Seeds and Flowers is my only messed up one. I hope our boxes arrive. I hate not being able to track them. I have Baby Soft Skin and Anti-Aging on the way but at least I can track those.

• Like 1

It is strange.  My seeds and flowers also has a USPS tracking number and it arrived in Springfield MA the other day (a big sorting station).  It is now at my local PO and I should be getting it today. I will let you all know if this is the S&F box

• Like 2

Yeah, mine just showed up at the hub in MI (nothing but 'preshipment' info prior)  and should get here Mon or Tues...

• Like 1

So I was chosen for a telephone survey with Memebox USA and I had that conversation yesterday evening. I thought I would share the info with everyone and hope it helps.

Basically they wanted feedback on how they could improve and make my shopping experience better. She asked me about my skincare routine, what brands I used, had I tried the Memebox makeup, how I found Memebox and where I shopped for skincare and cosmetics. The conversation lasted about a half hour. I made a list of questions before hand and this is what I asked and the responses.

Slow responses to emails:

Response: Emails were slow because most of the requests required information from Korea so they would have to wait to get the information. They are working on improving their response time.

Want more brands in the shop, unique brands that we can't get anywhere else like we were getting from global:

Response: We will see more brands soon in the shop. A few new brands have already been added. (She asked me why I was interested in the unfamiliar brands and I said it was because I want to try things I can't buy here with interesting ingredients)

I mentioned the high prices of the boxes with low value was not making me want to purchase them. And also too many of the same brands showing up in each of the boxes:

Response: She understood my concern and made note of it. (She also agreed with me that the higher priced boxes were lingering on the site and not sold out yet, I suggested adding more unique items to the boxes to raise the value and not a sheet mask as its one time use)

I asked about the VIP program not having many perks like Memepoints each month, coupons to use on boxes, and early box releases at a discount for VIP's as these perks made me want to buy things:

Response: She took note and said they are working on the VIP program since they are in transition, but they still have the program. (So hopefully we will see some perks)

I asked about the affiliate/ Blogger $3 and $5 off codes and would these be coming back as these codes help influence people to purchase:

Response: They still have an affiliate program. She said she was not sure about the coupon codes or what would be offered since they are still in a transition period so things are rolling out slowly. (I'm not sure what we will see)

I asked about since now everything ships from the U.S. When we receive a damaged item, would we get a replacement or still get Memepoints:

Response: We would get a replacement. The reason why they gave Memepoints on the items shipped from Korea was that most often, they didn't have the item to replace it with and the logistics issues of replacing.

I asked if they would reopen Global:

Response: For now it will be like it is US separate from Korea. They had to stop international shipping due to logistical reasons. (We already knew this but I was hoping to get more information for everyone).

I am happy that they are at least reaching out and talking to customers. I don't know why I was selected, but she did say I was one of there top customers (my boyfriend said, yeah because you've spent a fortune, LOL).

• Like 9