MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

I guess Memebox is just going to release makeup boxes. 2 new ones today. Guess I will spend my money on something else, sigh....

It is a damn shame.  Maybe makeup in Korea is something that is lacking or whatever, but we don't have that issue here in the states.   Why they are intent on running their business into the ground, I have no idea.

There's two more collaboration series on the Korean website. Back to Basics & Punky Hoy.

image_20150318140916_lCvtyT3Ri5.jpg

image_20150317175445_Nxcvrlkfci.jpg

When they promised more collaborations, they weren't kidding!

Edited by tealiy

First impression, all the palettes look like the standard nudes ....why do they keep releasing new eyeshadow palettes in the same limited shades? Either rosy brown or flat brown.

But it looks like they finally made a berry lipstick! No oranges in sight this time around.

post-116405-0-14924800-1426701280_thumb.jpg

post-116405-0-89694500-1426701281_thumb.jpg

edit: put everything under spoiler tags in case people don't want to see the collabs, sorry I'm still new to this :)

Edited by tealiy

It is a damn shame.  Maybe makeup in Korea is something that is lacking or whatever, but we don't have that issue here in the states.   Why they are intent on running their business into the ground, I have no idea.

It sure is a shame. Although some makeup is fine but it sure seems like everything being released is makeup now and collaborations with all makeup. I want some skincare, some new brands to try. Maybe when no one is buying they will get the message.

They must have been reading here as another box released but still has a lipstick and nail polish. The skincare items I already have those so it's a no for me.

I've been wanting to try that enzyme cleanser, but that rose cream is a no go for me on that new box and I don't care for the nailpolish or lipstick.  

So, not  worth it to me....

I just got the VIP for nylon's palette and it does include highlighter & blush! I pre ordered it  but I am not happy I couldn't use my memepoints :(

Thumb_5.jpg

NYLON-3-2550x1039.jpg

That hot pink is bright. I don't wear much eye shadow but I might get for a Chistmas gift.

Edited by LoveSkinCare

That hot pink is bright. I don't wear much eye shadow but I might get for a Chistmas gift.

I think that pink, used with a LIGHT hand, would look lovely with a light summer tan :)

It is bright - haha.

• Like 2

I received a full refund for my review today! So if you are still waiting for yours, it should be coming in soon.

• Like 2

I think that pink, used with a LIGHT hand, would look lovely with a light summer tan :)

It is bright - haha.

I keep looking at it and I think that hot pink would look good with a tan too. It's bright but pretty. I will probably get it.

Ugh I'm bummed about that Nylon Palette. 

I comment on their instagram and said something like "no more neutral palettes!" And they asked if I had seen the Nylon palette etc etc, so I thought it would be COLORFUL. Nope. Looks like a neutral palette with some rose tones in it...which is pretty much what they've been repackaging over and over with different collaborator names on it. This Nylon palette is essentially a dash of the Bad Girl palette, Soothing Sista palette, and original pony palette with a blush.

It's definitely pretty (and I bet great quality) for anyone who doesn't already have those palettes...but I was hoping to see royal purple, teal, maybe an olive green (the one in the nylon palette is...barely green at all)...just something other than berry-rose and cream-brown color families. :(

Edited by MissJexie
  • Like 2

Ahh ok so I know a lot of people prefer the first pony palette to the second one...but I am IN LOVE with the second one right now!

The pink is really more of a peachy color and it looks absolutely amazing transitioned on the lid with the darker purple- it's like a galactic sunset LOL

sorry for the blurry/crap pic but I'm running out the door to work and I'm late UGH

post-105935-0-83229900-1426784786_thumb.jpg

I reallly love how nicely these colors go together and it's a really fun pop of color without being crazy!

I have a feeling I'm going to be using the Pony 2 a lot!

• Like 4

My Memebox order came with 2 polishes and Banila cleanser. The cleanser is amazing. The macaroon lip product is great too and the cute penguin hand cream. Love the scent of the hand cream.

memebox haul.JPG

• Like 3

My Memebox order came with 2 polishes and Banila cleanser. The cleanser is amazing. The macaroon lip product is great too and the cute penguin hand cream. Love the scent of the hand cream.

attachicon.gifmemebox haul.JPG

Love the haul!

The polishes are actually really fantastic! I've been using the taupey-rose colored shade, and I put on 2 coats with no topcoat to see how well it lasted on my nails and it's been 3 days with zero chipping which is VERY rare on my nails LOL Very happy with them!

• Like 2

they have a new box - I am getting this one as it looks REALLY nice.  That said, I still haven't gotten my review points in the last week - kinda pissed off about that.

emailopt2-spring-edition.jpg

• Like 1

Tempted by the Spring Edition box too, if there were a good coupon.

Today I received Winter Skin Revival Box and I love all of the items! Even though I wasn't a Memefan for long (I believe my first box was Honey 2), I forgot how much I loved getting their boxes.

• Like 3