MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

I got my eggs today, white flower blue and vertical stripe.

I got the Jungsun black stiletto eyeliner

Skinfood cherry milk hand essence.

My berrylicious box is lost I think. It left Raleigh, NC on the 4th and no additional tracking since. Raleigh is only 3 hours from me. So it usually get to my local PO a day later. I'll give it a few more days and then contact Memebox.

Edited by LoveSkinCare

I am miffed about my skincare box.  The one with no MAKEUP has a bright orange glitter lipgloss in it - and memebox has the nerve to say they "cheated" in the info card.  Err, no - that is called a lie, when you state that there is no makeup in a box.  I have sent them an angry email

I am miffed about my skincare box.  The one with no MAKEUP has a bright orange glitter lipgloss in it - and memebox has the nerve to say they "cheated" in the info card.  Err, no - that is called a lie, when you state that there is no makeup in a box.  I have sent them an angry email

Is this the naked skin mystery box? I just got it too and it has the bright orange lip tint in it.

Is this the naked skin mystery box? I just got it too and it has the bright orange lip tint in it.

yep, that is the one.  It was supposed to be an all skincare box and they lied about it.  The card just upsets me because they joke and state "they cheated" and this is a "natural" lip color.

• Like 1

I'm with you on that. This color is not "natural" for sure! Although I'm going to try it next just to see for the fun of it.

Wow the color is bright! I had to wipe most of it off to get it to look more "natural" and it's still orange. The taste isn't the best either.

My two eggs came today too. I had ordered two of the same. I think it was the green with the dots if I remember correctly. I got So young Eyeshadow stick in both (both the same color) and Black Sugar Honey mask sample in one and Skin79 BB cream sample in the other. I'm really happy about the samples. I'll try the shadow stick too and donate the other shadow stick since they are dups.

I emailed memebox about the orange lip gloss - and complained about it, mentioned usa laws about misrepresenting products and requested that I receive a skin care item.  They are sending me a skin care product! 

so, complain to them if you are unhappy - they need to know that they cannot get away with lying about their products as there are consumer laws that protect us from this type of abuse.

• Like 5

I emailed memebox about the orange lip gloss - and complained about it, mentioned usa laws about misrepresenting products and requested that I receive a skin care item. They are sending me a skin care product!

so, complain to them if you are unhappy - they need to know that they cannot get away with lying about their products as there are consumer laws that protect us from this type of abuse.

you go! Im still annoyed about the Nylon palette. Don't show me a girl with the "blush" on her eyes if putting it on my own is dangerous lol

Edited by missrobertaw
  • Like 1

you go! Im still annoyed about the Nylon palette. Don't show me a girl with the "blush" on her eyes if putting it on my own is dangerous lol

Is the blush actually dangerous to put on the eye area? I haven't started my review yet so I haven't looked into it, but I assumed it would be formulated similarly to the shadows since they used it on the models!

Is the blush actually dangerous to put on the eye area? I haven't started my review yet so I haven't looked into it, but I assumed it would be formulated similarly to the shadows since they used it on the models!

The box (on the side) states that the ingredients are not approved to put on your eyes due to an ingredient that isn't approved in the USA, Canada and Brazil..... Fine print....  I was shocked when I read that!

The box (on the side) states that the ingredients are not approved to put on your eyes due to an ingredient that isn't approved in the USA, Canada and Brazil..... Fine print....  I was shocked when I read that!

WOW seriously???

This is so annoying, because I normally hoard package for months and this time I forced myself to toss out all the boxes for my palettes and just threw them out on Thursday...

That's absolutely RIDICULOUS considering they used the blush as an eye shadow in many of the advertisements! I honestly wouldn't have thought to use it on my eyes since it's so bright, but their photos are what made me even consider it....Unreal.

WOW seriously???

This is so annoying, because I normally hoard package for months and this time I forced myself to toss out all the boxes for my palettes and just threw them out on Thursday...

That's absolutely RIDICULOUS considering they used the blush as an eye shadow in many of the advertisements! I honestly wouldn't have thought to use it on my eyes since it's so bright, but their photos are what made me even consider it....Unreal.

It's not that uncommon. For example, Urban Decay Electric Palette is not marketed as eye shadows, but as pressed pigments, because a lot of the pans contain ingredients not approved for use around the eye area. http://www.urbandecay.com/electric-pressed-pigment-palette-urban-decay/421.html

• Like 1

It's not that uncommon. For example, Urban Decay Electric Palette is not marketed as eye shadows, but as pressed pigments, because a lot of the pans contain ingredients not approved for use around the eye area. http://www.urbandecay.com/electric-pressed-pigment-palette-urban-decay/421.html

Ahh yes now that you mention it, I do remember that who Electric palette situation!

• Like 1

Just noted that Karl Loo's latest venture has nothing to do with korean beauty products as seems to be a mobile app. Company called Servis Hero so don't think there will be a Memebox UK / Europe anytime soon folks.

Still, my bank manager is much happier these days and I'm finding the time to actually starts using some of the products

• Like 2

There is "Seoul Search" on the site, like the Easter Egg hunt. There is nothing on the home page or an email about it but it seems to be the same as the egg thing.

Edited by LoveSkinCare
  • Like 1

There is "Seoul Search" on the site, like the Easter Egg hunt. There is nothing on the home page or an email about it but it seems to be the same as the egg thing.

I saw that too - I was looking at boxes and noticed it.  There is one already sold out!!  Unless they plan on restocking it.  I found 5 of them (including the sold out one) and I purchased the 4 in stock

yes, just stamp the word sucker on my forehead.

• Like 2

I saw that too - I was looking at boxes and noticed it. There is one already sold out!! Unless they plan on restocking it. I found 5 of them (including the sold out one) and I purchased the 4 in stock

yes, just stamp the word sucker on my forehead.

LOL, I bought all 5 last night before going to bed as I couldn't resist a surprise. I got a couple sheet masks to reach the free shipping. i wonder why they didn't send out an email. Edited by LoveSkinCare
  • Like 1

I just ordered some of these "search Seoul" items along with a cleanser and a Missha night time serum. I really need to stop looking at this thread. All this enabling is too much for my wallet! lol

• Like 2

you should have been here last year, @@Reija, when memebox was still international.  OMG.  In one day, 10-20 pages would be posted in this thread.

• Like 2

I've got to say I am really liking some of the random little brands that are popping up on the site lately.

And the prices on some of them are not too meme-inflated!

Has anyone tried the Doctorcos Amino Acid Mask?

The reviews on Amazon are pretty spectacular.

• Like 1

Ok so I've found:

Hongdae

Cheondamdong

Itaewon

Myeondong

and Gangham which is sold out.

Are there any others i'm missing?

I wasn't thrilled with the easter egg products but uhm...most of these are either $1 or $2..how can I resist? LOL

Also, anyone that hasn't purchased yet, there are some 15% off coupons floating around in case you haven't used them. I think WELCOME still works for 15% off

• Like 1