MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

My search Seoul box came today too. Happy Friday! I love getting boxes on Fridays :) The weird thing is that I got a notification that the cleanser I had ordered was out of stock yet it was in my box. My search Seol items look like they are the same that you all have gotten (the Leaders masks and the blush).

Memebox haul2.jpg

• Like 5

My search Seoul box came today too. Happy Friday! I love getting boxes on Fridays :) The weird thing is that I got a notification that the cleanser I had ordered was out of stock yet it was in my box. My search Seol items look like they are the same that you all have gotten (the Leaders masks and the blush).

attachicon.gifMemebox haul2.jpg

I'm a fan of that cleanser! :D glad that it was in stock even though they said it wasn't LOL ;)

• Like 1

I generally use the VIP points to grab an XO item since there is also a free shipping code for them for VIP members.

• Like 3

I generally use the VIP points to grab an XO item since there is also a free shipping code for them for VIP members.

I hadn't thought of that, good idea.

Did anyone ever hear of the Botanic Farm line that is now on the site?

Some of the products, like the Black SoyBean Milk Pudding Sleeping pack look really interesting!

I tried to google the brand but didn't come up with much.

• Like 2

@LisaLeah  I haven't heard of it, but yeah, that sleeping pack is interesting, as is the cleanser.   I wish memebox would have done a Botanic Farm box :)

• Like 2

so, Botanic Farm is part of cosmax, which now has a plant here in the USA

Should Cosmax mean something to me?

Thanks for googling. And yes agree about a BF box!

@LisaLeah  Cosmax is a huge player in Korean skincare and they just took over a plant in the USA that was L'Oreal's.

@LisaLeah  Cosmax is a huge player in Korean skincare and they just took over a plant in the USA that was L'Oreal's.

Great to know!

So we should probably be getting more interesting Korean brands on Memebox. (fingers crossed)

I've always wondered about foreign companies that manufacture in the US though. Do they use all the same ingredients etc? Here they will have to deal w/ the FDA etc. For example I could swear the No7 Skincare I get in the UK is better than the No7 I can get here. Same is true w/ European perfumes. Due to the fact in Europe, France in particular, they can use certain whale by products to preserve the scent, that aren't legal in the states. Which is why fragrances purchased in France can have more depth than what you get here. (my facts may be off on which by-product they use, but I do know it is some kind of ingredient that isn't legal here)

Then again, I would imagine the laws are the laws whether something is manufactured here or simply sold here.

Sorry for the circular questioning....I don't think I properly caffeinated today. I have a bit of mind mush going on.

• Like 2

I got the same email, besides some of the masks, both the Gold and Diamond sleeping packs look really interesting.

Between SNP and Botanic Farm, Memebox is looking a little bit like Memebox today.

• Like 3

Lots of new stuff added lately, I feel like they listened to what was said during the phone surveys they did. I know I asked for the unknown new to me brands.

Now to make a list of everything I want to buy

Edited by LoveSkinCare
  • Like 2

Great to know!

So we should probably be getting more interesting Korean brands on Memebox. (fingers crossed)

I've always wondered about foreign companies that manufacture in the US though. Do they use all the same ingredients etc? Here they will have to deal w/ the FDA etc. For example I could swear the No7 Skincare I get in the UK is better than the No7 I can get here. Same is true w/ European perfumes. Due to the fact in Europe, France in particular, they can use certain whale by products to preserve the scent, that aren't legal in the states. Which is why fragrances purchased in France can have more depth than what you get here. (my facts may be off on which by-product they use, but I do know it is some kind of ingredient that isn't legal here)

Then again, I would imagine the laws are the laws whether something is manufactured here or simply sold here.

Sorry for the circular questioning....I don't think I properly caffeinated today. I have a bit of mind mush going on.

My thoughts exactly about the products being manufactured here in the USA vs. Europe. I don't think it's the same stuff even though it's the same brand. Whenever I see "made in France or Italy" I jump all over it because I always think it's a superior product then than the ones made here. It's the European in me that likes European and foreign things in general. Not saying that made in the USA things are bad, they just seem to be different especially if manufactured here by the same brand vs outside of USA.

• Like 2

I'm not getting either of the new boxes since it says there is makeup in them. I'll wait until spoilers come out to see what's in them.

It's official.

I'm in love with the Memebox x Pony Pink Bloom quad.

I am in love with the orange bloom quad!

• Like 1

I have fallen in serious like w/ the Doctorcos Amino Acid Sheet Free Mask.

I used it as a mask pack (on the Meme site they say you can also use it as a sleep pack or moisturizer)

and I am really impressed with it so far.

My skin really looks brighter and feels much smoother.

It feels really nice and cooling while it's on. It's very 'watery' and turns to droplets on your face,

yet it's not overly hydrating so I think it would work nicely on all skin types.

It would also be good for the warmer months.

Anyway, if interested there are a lot of really positive reviews for it on Amazon.

That is what convinced me to buy it.

I also picked up the Blithe Tundra Chaga Pressed Serum, because it seemed really interesting.

I wish I didn't.

It doesn't seem like it's anything special or does much at all.

But the Doctorcos is a hit!

• Like 3

My thoughts exactly about the products being manufactured here in the USA vs. Europe. I don't think it's the same stuff even though it's the same brand. Whenever I see "made in France or Italy" I jump all over it because I always think it's a superior product then than the ones made here. It's the European in me that likes European and foreign things in general. Not saying that made in the USA things are bad, they just seem to be different especially if manufactured here by the same brand vs outside of USA.

Yea i heard that the Laneige products sold at Target are not the same as the ones you buy in Korea?  Has anyone looked into this? Maybe there was a thread here that ive missed. I'm a new MUT member

Yea i heard that the Laneige products sold at Target are not the same as the ones you buy in Korea?  Has anyone looked into this? Maybe there was a thread here that ive missed. I'm a new MUT member

Hi! Welcome to MUT! The Laneige cushion I bought at Target said "Made in Korea".

• Like 1

Hi! Welcome to MUT! The Laneige cushion I bought at Target said "Made in Korea".

Thank you for letting us know! I was just going to ask!

• Like 1