MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

They just released 3 Pony Bloom boxes - one for each quad. Looks like you are getting the quad, a blossom lipstick, eyeliner, blush, mascara and a mystery skincare item.  They also released an etude house box!

If anyone is interested - here are swatches of my Pony Orange Bloom Quad, Rose Garden lipstick & Spring Romance Lipstick

post-103689-0-43612100-1429913862_thumb.gif

post-103689-0-99169100-1429913874_thumb.gif

post-103689-0-48399900-1429913872_thumb.gif

rose garden on the left, spring romance on the right.  I really love all of these items.  The eyeshadows are soft but pigmented, and there isn't a fall out on them that I was expecting.  The lipsticks I got are semi-matte, very smooth, no tugging and very pigmented!  Rose Garden is a brick red and Spring Romance is a bright plum-red

• Like 1

forgot to add - for those who also get Jouer Le Matchbox and got it in the warm tone, the Orange Bloom Quad works so nicely with the blush & lipstick.

• Like 2

Today I was reminded why I don't buy anything from memebox anymore. They do not have the supply to meet the demand.

The Etude box was the first thing I've wanted to buy from them in MONTHS, and by the time I was able to get to a computer it's completely sold out. From the looks of it, that basically happened right away.

• Like 1

I swear, I do NOT need anymore makeup palettes, but I just noticed that these are on sale - from 16 to 9.50.  I used my free shipping code for XO products (as that expires in a few days) and picked up the charcoal one.     I am not sure why these are so discounted - I think Memebox isn't promoting some of their products that much - they promoted that nylon palette (which was okay, but no great shakes) but neglected the WONDERFUL Ksungyun bad girl palette (one of my favs!)  So, I am taking the chance on Jungsun one as well.

jungsun_eyeshadow_01_thumb_1.jpg

JUNGSUN x MEMEBOX
Basics Eye & Brow Palette #01 Charcoal Sweater

$9.50 

• jungsun_eyeshadow_02_thumb_1.jpg
    •  

JUNGSUN x MEMEBOX
    Basics Eye & Brow Palette #02 Trench Coat

$9.50

• Like 1

I miss our old Memebox days..sigh

anyway, 4 new boxes released

acne care

ultimate face box

2 yeondukong boxes - one in "shy pink" and the other in "lively coral".  She is cute, but I do think that there is a total culture difference here.  I remember when I was 19,20 something and the last thing I wanted to look like was a 13 year old.  I am always shocked when they feature her - as she looks like a tween to me.

• Like 2

Sorry I have been MIA, I flew to California to surprise my mom and dad. We are in Vegas spending a few days here.

I have looked a few times at Memebox site but not bought anything.

• Like 1

I have been MIA too, I'm so sorry! :( The KPop world is literally ruining my life LOL. All my favorite groups are releasing new albums and making all sorts of appearances and it's consuming my every minute hahaha

On top of that I have a second job and have been insanely busy in my daily life- it sucks sometimes because I can't get on here and chat with you ladies and my blog as been on the back burner too- oye!

I wanted to jump on here and ask though- for those of you who have been buying some of the recent Memeboxes here and there...do you think they're still worth it to buy? I haven't seen all of them unboxed yet, but I haven't really seen one that made me regret not buying it. I've been thinking about picking one up for my mom for her birthday but I'm wondering if I'd be better off just buying stuff she'll like directly rather than a box. :( Ahh do I ever miss the old Memebox days.

• Like 2

@MissJexie  I think the value is slowly creeping up, but the last box I purchased, the vacation one, the value was down again.

it is a crap shot.   I haven't been in love with a box, but parts of it (haha)   If your mom likes the makeup ones, they might be good to get - the Pony Bloom boxes look really nice.

As I am finishing up my makeup this am, it is official.  The nylon palette is the worst ever palette in terms of pigmentation.  The colors look so nice, but it so light, even with primer.

I have no idea how those ladies on IG, showing off their looks, are able to get such vivid colors out of  this palette  I even tried foiling :(

• Like 1

@@MissJexie Still a crapshoot!

It totally depends on the box. The Fine and Flawless was terrible but the Oil Be Gone was really nice (in my opinion). And then... I got something else I can't remember and I thought it was okay but not awful.

But the Pony x Memebox pink bloom? Utter bliss. They fixed the fallout issue with these shadows and they are gorgeous and glorious. And um.. I love the magnetic case?  So right now I'm waffling between Soothing Sista and my Pink Bloom. The colors are so "me."

• Like 1

the pony bloom shadows are amazing.  I love mine and I might have to pick up the other 2 just because it is a great palette.

As I am finishing up my makeup this am, it is official. The nylon palette is the worst ever palette in terms of pigmentation. The colors look so nice, but it so light, even with primer.

I have no idea how those ladies on IG, showing off their looks, are able to get such vivid colors out of this palette I even tried foiling :(

lol I almost asked one of those girls on ig this the other day. I thought maybe it was just cause I'm nc35. again annoying ad there was a darker girl in it and it was vivid. I wonder if its sitting on top of a cream formula something in a similar color... Edited by missrobertaw

@@missrobertaw, yep, that is what I am thinking too...  also a little photoshopping never hurt either.  Some of those colors in those pics that they said they used - I am like, do we have the same palette here? My colors come no where near those.

• Like 1

So I finally tried out the Pony orange bloom quad this morning and have to agree that the eyeshadows are really lovely! I did experience some glitter fallout but I was quite heavy-handed and bit careless applying the shadows so not too surprising about the fallout.

I also tried out the Kyungsun x memebox gel liner in brown with the Memebox eyebrow brush (#3) and can't believe how easily and smoothly the eyeliner applied with the brush! I usually struggle lining my lids with liquid liners (plus most attempts at winging my liner end in utter failure) but my first attempt with a gel liner this morning was a huge success! Yay! Needless to say I went ahead and ordered the combo in black (basically getting another brush for $2 more- sweet!). I love that these gel liners are matte and stay put really well. I have hooded eyelids and usually experience a little liner transfer but so far I have had zero transfer with this liner! :)

ETA: I also picked up a couple of the Pony pastel polishes and have to say that they are pretty darn good for $3 apiece (nice coverage, pretty colors, self-leveling, quick drying, and fairly chip resistant)!

Edited by Stella A
  • Like 2

I'm tempted to get the box of fortune but I keep telling myself that I really do not need any more stuff!

By the way has anyone ever contacted memebox about returning items? Is there a restocking fee? Just curious because I never noticed the following bit of info under the shipping info tab:

We happily accept returns

If you'd like to return an item, we've got your back. We will happily accept all returns, no questions asked, for up to 90 days! Email us at [email protected] to receive a prepaid return shipping label.

@  I have never returned anything with Memebox...I guess you could ask that about the restocking fee- most places don't do that, but you never know!

2 new boxes

a mother's day box

a music festival box ...that has...surprise...the nylon palette!  bwhahah

• Like 1

As I am finishing up my makeup this am, it is official.  The nylon palette is the worst ever palette in terms of pigmentation.  The colors look so nice, but it so light, even with primer.

I have no idea how those ladies on IG, showing off their looks, are able to get such vivid colors out of  this palette  I even tried foiling :(

I've been clicking over to the original posts when Memebox does an IG repost of gorgeous makeup using that palette and inevitably the look is created with 20 different high-end eye products and probably one swipe of the Nylon palette.

• Like 1

@fanserviced  so true!!  On another note, I got the Jungsen Back to Basic palette the other day - it is on sale for 9.50 - I got the charcoal sweater one and it is so pretty, no fall out, and pigmented.  Memebox has not hyped this set at all...So, ladies, if you would like a basic palette, I recommend the Junsgen ones - they also have a brown one called trench coat

greyeyeshadow2.jpg

• Light Charcoal ~ A matte ivory shade ~ lots of cream in it.  This reminds me of MAC Brule, which is my go-to all over eyelid base. 
  • Medium Charcoal ~ Memebox is describing this as a “rosy brown with a subtle shimmer”.  I do think this is a rosy shade with light brown tones to it and it packs a lot of shimmer.   It is not a glitter, so maybe that is why it was classified as “subtle” ;)  This is a nice toned down rose-gold shade ~ think of rose light-bronze.  
  • Dark Charcoal ~ A matte cool ash grey ~ a great contour shade.  You can see that it leans towards the bluer range of grey.

All three of these shades have no fall out and are pigmented.  The Light Charcoal, for swatching purposes, was applied 4 times to show up, but the other colors were applied twice.   I did not use a primer and I wore this today and it is still going strong without fading, after 9 hours.

greyshadow3.jpgTop to bottom: Light Charcoal, Medium Charcoal, Dark Charcoal

• Like 2

Hi guys! ...boy, do I miss the banter, excitement, and sometimes witchiness of this thread :( I can't make any Memebox purchases from Canada so I'm silently reading my emails with your latest posts. It's interesting to see what you guys are buying and how the whole thing is unfolding post "International Excommunication". Seems like Memebox is succeeding is pushing people over to the shop with their cosmetics. Maybe they will successfully transition to products and eventually eliminate boxes altogether. Like most of you I REALLY miss those high value boxes.

I just wanted to comment about the Nylon palette and the advertising of the colours. This bait & switch is really common in my business (photography/fashion). Even in editorial stories when they say "Model Suzie is wearing Mac's Russian Red on her lips" I will have just watched the makeup artist use a base colour, the lip colour, blend in a liner, dot the middle area with a deeper shade and top it with a little gloss of another colour. So in the end a multitude of products are used to achieve these looks. Usually they can get away with it in magazines, but it's a something else if you're selling directly to the consumer. It's also pretty brazen to show something highly pigmented when you are selling the exact opposite. It's just blatant false advertising and truthfully, a rip-off.

Sorry, you guys are still being shilled by Memebox's underhanded tactics. At least I see you've received some pretty gnarly stuff too, though. And despite the fact that they still have no ethics as a company, I still miss my boxes. Glad you guys are enjoying it still... And can afford those prices...Cheese Willikers! What happened?? :(

• Like 2

I don't miss memebox at all. Really....not at all. But the Soothing Sista & Pony Blooming palettes are calling my name. The only thing stopping me is I have nearly every single one of those colors in different palettes.

@@BlackMagwitch Yep, worked like a charm apparently. The only reason I get anything is because of points. Once those are gone I won't be buying a thing. (okay, if they bring back the Tahpre masks, I might buy those if they're reasonably priced).

Otherwise I'm still so grumpy at them because their boxes are SO BORING compared to how they used to be. And there's always the Memebox product "filler" to try and avoid.

That being said, I really do like the Soothing Sista and the Pony Pink Bloom palettes. But, like @@ChullBird says... you've probably got all the colors in something you already own. :D

Hmmm... Haven't tried Tahpre.

I always felt like I would have wanted to 'avoid' Memebox's name brand stuff too. Seems like people have nothing but rave reviews for them though. I guess that's good. I'd have a hard time getting behind it even so, considering how much the value of what they used to offer has depreciated. I wouldn't want them taking something I enjoyed and then offering me something that was mostly beneficial to them. Doesn't make you feel appreciated as a customer.

I may put in an order and go get it at the border this summer.. But since I know which brands and products I like for the most part, I'll likely stick to TestorKorea and buying from other women online.

Also do you guys have swap sell boards on Pinterest??

Thanks for the updates!

I missed the Memeboxes like crazy when they first stopped shipping but now get other boxes delivered (plus the occasional haul from one of the online stores - even Etude House has great promotions if you wait patiently!). I don't need any more cleansers as got a LARGE box of those and ditto various creams and gels so the no international means I can finally start to wade my way through some of the stuff lying.

Another eye palette that has a LOT of drop out is the A'Pieu Christmas special one they had on testerkorea. Even with the sponge applicator it goes everywhere - though the colours (bronze, cream etc) are pretty. Not sure if all A'Pieu eyeshadow are the same though

Ive ordered the mask genie into the wild mask set so waiting to try those as looks fun but do really miss the banter and excitement of new releases. Dislike Beauteque and just can't get excited with their stuff and there's no other K beauty box that's got the variety of products the Memeboxes of old used to have included. Granted, still don't want the male mask for te nether region lol!!