MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

I really want to try either the snail superbox or oil& trouble v.2 but without spoilers, I just can't trust superboxes.  :sdrop:

Personally, I would prefer the oil & trouble since summer is arriving. I don't have acne problems, but perhaps only 1-2 bumps per month..though I love anything that keeps my skin clear.  :wub:

So I did some digging. 

There are tons of stuff they could possibly include in oil and trouble, which is why they came up with two boxes- 1 $23 memebox and another $32 superbox. I got the $23 one already... If they would include the Innisfree/ O'sum AC line, I'm ALL-IN.

As for the snail box there are some probably items they might include (from the sister site; 달팽이 means snail);

Enprani snail essence sheet mask- estimated $1.2 per sheet x 1

Elensila escargot cream (18.9)/ bb cream ($14) --maybe bb cream more probable x 1
Soin Anti Taches Snail Repairing Mask- estimated $1.6 per sheet x 1

NEW: Carestory snail Pure Extract 100% (another small ampoule thing)- $11.4

In stock and probably waiting to be cleared out: Chamos acaci snail whitening cream/ anti-wrinkle (ranged $10-20)- probably 1 full-sized item or some deluxe samples

NEW: Karadium sun cream (very likely to be included)- $14.9

If I am right, there will be 5-6 items, deluxe and full-sized, but relatively close to the value of ~$50 (according to meme's jacked-up prices). I don't like sheet masks and they don't have my favourite brand Mizon..so I might give this a pass. 

So to clarify again, this list is a self-assumption to help me decide whether or not I should pick up this box. I hope it will be better than my prediction...

Sorry I can't help it. I am such a nerd.  :laughno:

• Like 1

I have a huge stack of memebox's that I have received last week and this week. I think I got 8 or 9. Is there a way to post pictures via a smartphone or is it best to post via a computer.

I was quite surprised to see that I had 13 meme points that needed to be used by sunday. I had sworn off buying any more boxes but caved in and bought LB 5. I wish these points had been available prior to me buying SB 9 & 10. I could've gotten an additional $5 off if I had bought the three together.

I really want to try either the snail superbox or oil& trouble v.2 but without spoilers, I just can't trust superboxes.  :sdrop:

Personally, I would prefer the oil & trouble since summer is arriving. I don't have acne problems, but perhaps only 1-2 bumps per month..though I love anything that keeps my skin clear.  :wub:

So I did some digging. 

There are tons of stuff they could possibly include in oil and trouble, which is why they came up with two boxes- 1 $23 memebox and another $32 superbox. I got the $23 one already... If they would include the Innisfree/ O'sum AC line, I'm ALL-IN.

As for the snail box there are some probably items they might include (from the sister site; 달팽이 means snail);

Enprani snail essence sheet mask- estimated $1.2 per sheet x 1

Elensila escargot cream (18.9)/ bb cream ($14) --maybe bb cream more probable x 1

Soin Anti Taches Snail Repairing Mask- estimated $1.6 per sheet x 1

NEW: Carestory snail Pure Extract 100% (another small ampoule thing)- $11.4

In stock and probably waiting to be cleared out: Chamos acaci snail whitening cream/ anti-wrinkle (ranged $10-20)- probably 1 full-sized item or some deluxe samples

NEW: Karadium sun cream (very likely to be included)- $14.9

If I am right, there will be 5-6 items, deluxe and full-sized, but relatively close to the value of ~$50 (according to meme's jacked-up prices). I don't like sheet masks and they don't have my favourite brand Mizon..so I might give this a pass. 

So to clarify again, this list is a self-assumption to help me decide whether or not I should pick up this box. I hope it will be better than my prediction...

Sorry I can't help it. I am such a nerd.  :laughno:

oh i have the oil and trouble memebox$23, buti have points to use and out of all the ones i haven't ordered I'm tempted to buy the super box version. i am hoping for the dr.g mentor cream in no3, its so good.  and i have normal skin and its so moisturising, but in the summer my face is greasy from working in a hot kitchen all day so have to change my skincare.so these boxes will be ideal.

i think i will have to order the super box oil and trouble.

Do you remember when they shipped this to you?  I'm curious because my Luckybox took 24 days to get to me and I live in Seattle!  It seems like you have yours so much faster and you're only 3 hours away from me!

my boxes were sent express. They've upgraded me to express whenever two boxes shipped out at the same time. So they get to me in about a weeks time. Sometimes less

• Like 1

i am hoping for the dr.g mentor cream in no3, its so good.  and i have normal skin and its so moisturising, but in the summer my face is greasy from working in a hot kitchen all day so have to change my skincare.so these boxes will be ideal.

Make sure you check out the swap thread! I'm trying to trade a Dr G cream in #3

http://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/129763-memebox-swap-thread-2014/page-4

oh i have the oil and trouble memebox$23, buti have points to use and out of all the ones i haven't ordered I'm tempted to buy the super box version. i am hoping for the dr.g mentor cream in no3, its so good.  and i have normal skin and its so moisturising, but in the summer my face is greasy from working in a hot kitchen all day so have to change my skincare.so these boxes will be ideal.

great call. I will probably do the same tho I wish meme will come up with something new overnight.  :P

i have got the dr.g no 3 but haven't open it yet. so far I have tried the snow white and bounce cheese and didn't like them as much as i hoped.  :(  so no creams or sheet masks for me unless highly raved..

Edited by veritazy

great call. I will probably do the same tho I wish meme will come up with something new overnight.  :P

i have got the dr.g no 3 but haven't open it yet. so far I have tried the snow white and bounce cheese and didn't like them as much as i hoped.  :(  so no creams or sheet masks for me unless highly raved..

the no 3 cream isn't a cream as such its like a thick gel consistancy but sinks in so well and its tingly and cooling  when massaging into the skin. its thick but not cloggy if that makes sense. 

the no 3 cream isn't a cream as such its like a thick gel consistancy but sinks in so well and its tingly and cooling  when massaging into the skin. its thick but not cloggy if that makes sense. 

Yeah it does! Sounds like SANA collagen moisturizing gel or MIZON snail repairing cream. I'll see if I'll use it or pack a box of goodies and sell/trade it away..

I can't stand to let free points expire, so I had to order something. I really wanted the mask box, but it's sold out again. I hope they'll restock or offer another version soon. I bought the nature box instead. This is the first more expensive box I've bought, so I hope I'm not disappointed.

I had to pass on the points. I have to keep telling myself it's basically like a coupon code, in the form of points. I don't always use coupon codes, so I don't always have to use points, either! I had already purchased both mini's, so the $4 in points went to waste, unfortunately. :( Too bad we can't gift them!

• Like 2

It is very similar to the goddess cream in texture.

I actually used half the jar of the Dr. G Cream, oily version, but noticed it was REALLY drying out my skin. I thought I still had acne-prone, oily skin, but I guess since I'm getting old, it's starting to dry out. XD So, that was a fail for me!

The goddess cream is perfect for my skin, though, and cheaper, so that's alright that the Dr. G didn't work out.

Edited by LadyManah
  • Like 1

So I have $12 in points & 5 of them expire tomorrow. Which box do you all recommend I get? I've never tried memebox before so this would be my first box.

If it's your first box i say get a luckybox so you can catch up on the previous memebox items and have a taste of the regular memebox. Of course you can choose a regular memebox too but now the only one available is box #13 which you will have to wait until July for its shipping.

• Like 1

Looks like the snail superbox is sold out! :o I am still undecided as to what to spend my 8 meme points on...

Same here! Without spoilers i cant really decide on the new superboxes (and the so mysterious 10 minute box... the description is so vague)!

if they just restock the miniboxes or makeup memebox my money (and points) will fly to themmm~

Same here! Without spoilers i cant really decide on the new superboxes (and the so mysterious 10 minute box... the description is so vague)!

if they just restock the miniboxes or makeup memebox my money (and points) will fly to themmm~

yep, was hoping for some spoilers since...forever. And I don't think they do restocks on weekends... *sigh sigh* :(

I noticed another thread for memebox spoilers. Are we now posting spoilers in that thread. Do we have to post pictures as a spoiler or can I attach a picture directly since this is a spoiler thread. Please let me know.

• Like 1

I think in the spoiler thread we should just post the actual picture . To be fair memebox isn't really about loving the thrill of surprise it's about seeing what's in the box and then ordering or grabbing a restock because damn I wish I got it the first role it looks great iykwim . And as it's a spoiler thread if you don't want a spoiler you have no excuse to even be looking in there.

Do you guys think we should start separate threads for each types of box? IE: A Superbox thread, a Classic Memebox thread, Brand-Specific Memebox Thread, Luckybox etc? I know it seems like a lot of different threads, but I think it would help keep the conversation a bit less confusing/all over the place. This thread can continue to be general chat about all of them/ shipping schedules etc.

• Like 1

Do you guys think we should start separate threads for each types of box? IE: A Superbox thread, a Classic Memebox thread, Brand-Specific Memebox Thread, Luckybox etc? I know it seems like a lot of different threads, but I think it would help keep the conversation a bit less confusing/all over the place. This thread can continue to be general chat about all of them/ shipping schedules etc.

Seems like a cool idea, and would be nice if 1st post has the list of boxes in that category to date, eg LB 1-5 and their contents, just in case of restock and a quick check would help alot. Also maybe someone start a rehab thread lol.  :D

I think it would be even more confusing.

Maybe one thread for each box? It would be a lot of threads but at least that way the number of posts to go through wouldn't be so big. I've spent ten minutes just trying to find people talking about a specific box (Luckybox 2), even using the search function. It's hard when all the boxes go by number instead of month.

I feel like sometimes people want to discuss one specific box and end up being blown off because a bigger box happens to be received around the same time? Maybe one thread per box would help relieve this.

• Like 1

I also think a thread for each box would be the best way to go. It would be a lot, but I think it would keep things more organized. Not everyone gets every single box, so it would be a way to discuss the ones you have purchased or are expecting.