MissJexie

Memebox: Korean Beauty Box Service

So, I was complaining about the RM, right?  Over the LR?

Well, I'm changing my tune.

This is hands down the fastest my Memebox has ever left LAX ever.  Fluke? Maybe?  Or due to being RM instead of LR? 

I guess I don't mind having no update between "shipment origin" and "arrival at LAX"  if RM means it moves up on the priority queue for getting on a plane to my state.

Edit: it usually takes between 16-20 days for me to get a Memebox Standard shipping.  It looks like this time it will only take 12 and thats a record!

with the exception of mid August, it would take me an average of 9 days with Memebox Standard shipping.  This is much worse over here.

• Like 2

So I emailed at 9AM about reviews I'd done on my blog. Twenty minutes later I get the following:

"Thanks so much! I am awarding 21 Meme Points to your account so you could shop for more boxes :)"

Lupita, girl, we are finally speaking the same language! Way to go CS!  :D

• Like 7

I feel so bad that I had to give the CS a bad rating but I wrote to them telling about this new registered mail and that they are declaring a ridiculous small amount on the customs form and also that I prefered the other method of shipping and the girl just replied: thank you for your suggestions, if you have more in mind just contact us again grrrrrrrrrrrtt >:( So I gave her a bad rating and wrote why she is so vague in her answer

I feel so bad that I had to give the CS a bad rating but I wrote to them telling about this new registered mail and that they are declaring a ridiculous small amount on the customs form and also that I prefered the other method of shipping and the girl just replied: thank you for your suggestions, if you have more in mind just contact us again grrrrrrrrrrrtt > :( So I gave her a bad rating and wrote why she is so vague in her answer

I'm not sure what else you expected her to say.  She can't change the way the mail is shipped but she can add your suggestion to the rest.

• Like 5

I'm not sure what else you expected her to say. She can't change the way the mail is shipped but she can add your suggestion to the rest.

They use to declare $15.99 in my boxes and bow they are declaring $0.16. I explained it to them and this can cause trouble with customs here. She could at least let people that do the labels know it :/

They use to declare $15.99 in my boxes and bow they are declaring $0.16. I explained it to them and this can cause trouble with customs here. She could at least let people that do the labels know it :/

Wait, they declared the box at under $1? How weird, maybe they meant $16 and had a typo making the label...

Does anyone know what happened to the contest help by Cutiepiemarzia where she was giving away 50 of her collab boxes with Memebox?

Someone's jackpot box was also declared a $0.16 value which held it up at customs.

Yeah, I believe it was 2catsinJapan.

I think that it is a bit unfair to hold the customer service person accountable for that, seeing as to how they are two different departments. It is possible that she forwarded the information, or perhaps she simply did not really understand, but that doesn't necessarily mean she was trying to simply brush you off. I've had a few people respond to my issues where it seemed like they were being ignored, only for someone else to come in and respond, so it could have been similar to that.

• Like 2

Does anyone know what happened to the contest help by Cutiepiemarzia where she was giving away 50 of her collab boxes with Memebox?

I don't have any details, but I know that other people around the web have asked and the general response is ??? Memebox customer service seems to have changed drastically overnight and in the course of that a giveaway box that I should have received and some items for review that @@MissJexie should have received haven't been sent and the CS staff is looking into it. So I'm not surprised if Memebox hasn't sent things to the winners. I recommend asking them about it on their facebook page--they may need a reminder.

• Like 2

yes, I was just trying to give a review on the berrisure - it is okay, but I didn't find it to be a must-have product. I have reviewed the 7 second masks here in the past, but anyway, they are super easy, for those mornings where you don't have a lot of time to focus on skincare. They fit over your fingers like a little mitt and you first use the raised dots side to exfoliate and gently cleanse your skin (it should be clean already, but it does an exfoliation) and then flip the mitt to the other smooth side and massage the essence onto your skin for 7 seconds.

it is refreshing and hydrating! and quick.

Skin79 do a 10 second sheet mask which is similar but doesn't have the exfoliating side

I hate this RM thing. I have 3 boxes that were mailed on 9/2, last scan 9/5 in incheon and nothing since. Before they used to arrive 7-10 days, and it's already been 10 days...my cutie pie box took 22 days :(

• Like 3

I think coffeebreakwithdani only got to give away 5 boxes. That is pretty biased. But I don't know if anybody ever got theirs.

I hate this RM thing. I have 3 boxes that were mailed on 9/2, last scan 9/5 in incheon and nothing since. Before they used to arrive 7-10 days, and it's already been 10 days...my cutie pie box took 22 days :(

My anti-aging box just left Korea after 8 days :/

• Like 1

So that code works for me, and with points, I can get the Dessert/Hair & Body 4 combo for $27. Any thoughts on either of those? Dessert I'm sure will be cute stuff, it's the H&B I'm iffy on, I've never gotten one of those  before.

I was also considering Jeju/Korea's Most Wanted 2, but I have E&S coming (someday), won't that probably be similar to Jeju? And is KMW mostly makeup? Hm.

Edited by ceredonia

So that code works for me, and with points, I can get the Dessert/Hair & Body 4 combo for $27. Any thoughts on either of those? Dessert I'm sure will be cute stuff, it's the H&B I'm iffy on, I've never gotten one of those  before.

I was also considering Jeju/Korea's Most Wanted 2, but I have E&S coming (someday), won't that probably be similar to Jeju? And is KMW mostly makeup? Hm.

I'm really into skincare type stuff, so I always buy the Hair and Body boxes. The Hair and Body 2 wasn't all that great, but I was pleased with the third one. Honestly, if you're on the fence, I would check out the unboxings for previous ones.

I think the Dessert box will be what people expected from that Sweets Scent Box. I think the dessert value set will be gone really fast.

What is going on with the affiliate codes, are they not doing them anymore? Someone gave me the code and said it will take off $5, and it's working on all of my accounts (the other one only worked on some of them, which makes no sense to me). But I much rather use affiliate codes where someone other than Memebox makes a little bit of money!

On a side note...Thanks for posting about the free shipping for USA Exclusives. There's still some masks on sale that are left.

Thank you for the code and the heads up on USA free shipping. I picked up 2 masks for free. :)

Edited by MissJexie
  • Like 1

I'm really into skincare type stuff, so I always buy the Hair and Body boxes. The Hair and Body 2 wasn't all that great, but I was pleased with the third one. Honestly, if you're on the fence, I would check out the unboxings for previous ones.

I think the Dessert box will be what people expected from that Sweets Scent Box. I think the dessert value set will be gone really fast.

I'm mostly concerned H&B will have more Hair than Body,  haha. I don't use Hair stuff or Hair masks or anything like that.

I'm mostly concerned H&B will have more Hair than Body,  haha. I don't use Hair stuff or Hair masks or anything like that.

Ohhh, that would be a bit risky then. I don't recall the breakdown, but there's definitely always some hair things. I'm not into hairspray/gels and so on, but I do love shampoos and the silly hair treatments.

@yuuni At first I considered not posting it because Memebox seems to change that sort of stuff once they notice it, but they're only offering it for the weekend, and I have a feeling that that may be the reason no new codes have been released! Probably going to wait until just after the weekend is up. Besides, I'd like the ladies on here to get a chance to take advantage of it before all the masks sell out, which will be within hours I'm sure, haha.

Edited by cfisher

Man, people in the US get it lucky! If I were them, I'd get FREE masks with the $5 off codes! Free shipping, free products, what's there not to take advantage of love?

Anyway, sorry if this has been posted before, or doesn't fit the memebox thread, but Mnet (yes, the Korean TV channel) has a beauty box! They're working in collaboration with TV show Get It Beauty (that Memebox works with). Their box is $40, but has free shipping and contains 7 full sized products (if you count the mini eyeliner set as full)!

Is anyone interested? :P

• Like 1

Man, people in the US get it lucky! If I were them, I'd get FREE masks with the $5 off codes! Free shipping, free products, what's there not to take advantage of love?

Anyway, sorry if this has been posted before, or doesn't fit the memebox thread, but Mnet (yes, the Korean TV channel) has a beauty box! They're working in collaboration with TV show Get It Beauty (that Memebox works with). Their box is $40, but has free shipping and contains 7 full sized products (if you count the mini eyeliner set as full)!

Is anyone interested? :P

OH MY GOD THANK YOU. I've been eyeing that eyeliner in the Korean Memeshop and I WANT. WOW

Edit: OMG IT HAS FREE SHIPPING YASSSSSSSSSS I'M GOING TO CRY

Edited by fanserviced

Phew! I had $50 in Memepoints that I was hoarding but I really wanted to save them for a express shipping bundle that I was actually interested in...but I caved 

those cheapship coupons are pretty decent especially if you get 3 boxes ($14 off is pretty awesome!) I bought step-by-step skincare, Holika Holika and Global #17, used my memepoints, a $5 off affiliate link discount and the cheapship3 coupon code and got all 3 for just $35 total.

Had to put it on my credit card because I'm broke right now but I keep telling myself what a great deal I got and it's softening the blow lol ;)

• Like 9

Phew! I had $50 in Memepoints that I was hoarding but I really wanted to save them for a express shipping bundle that I was actually interested in...but I caved 

those cheapship coupons are pretty decent especially if you get 3 boxes ($14 off is pretty awesome!) I bought step-by-step skincare, Holika Holika and Global #17, used my memepoints, a $5 off affiliate link discount and the cheapship3 coupon code and got all 3 for just $35 total.

Had to put it on my credit card because I'm broke right now but I keep telling myself what a great deal I got and it's softening the blow lol ;)

that is a terrific deal! I bought 3 boxes in the morning for $80 and that to me is already a good deal already since I have no pts, lol. :D

• Like 2

that is a terrific deal! I bought 3 boxes in the morning for $80 and that to me is already a good deal already since I have no pts, lol. :D

That would have been what I paid if I hadn't been hoarding the crap out of my points for the past month LOL :D

the cheapship3 coupon is fantastic. $14 off of 3 boxes is really good, it's basically like only paying for shipping for 1 box. Since that coupon is over on the 14th, I really had to suck it up and use it along with my hoard of points so I could get a good deal. I really hate spending any more than like $23 on a Memebox, so I thought it would be a good time to get step-by-step skincare and Holika since they're on my "too expensive" list usually lol :)

• Like 2