Glossybox February 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I quit Glossybox last year but after the January box and the La Prarie special edition, they have me interested again! If the spoiler is good I just might resubscribe.

Still awaiting my January box but wondering when they release spoilers each month? Trying to decide if I should cancel now or wait and see what they are offering...I'm disappointed in their service so far as January is my first box.

Yeah no... after January (still haven't received it yet - as I know many others haven't as well) and my horrible experience with Glossybox's customer service, I'm taking my business elsewhere. I don't want to go through the same thing again. 

I think February will go much smoother. It seems like glossy box always has one month that they have a coveted box and everyone wants one.. and then it always messes with shipping and what not and then you have people complaining how horrible glossy box is. I have never had anything but a positive experience with glossy box! Any time I've had a damaged product they have emailed me back in a day or two and sent products out super fast! One time I even got a duplicate product I had already received and they offered to send me a different product to try! I think the newer members don't understand how glossy box works. They posted this month that there would be a delay and I think people assumed that just meant shipping so they couldn't understand why since the weather has been getting better in some areas. You have to realize they probably had a delay in receiving the products for the box due to weather so it pushed everything back. SOrry thats my little rant. The january thread is really getting on my nerves.

Quote: Originally Posted by greeneyedfoxxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Still awaiting my January box but wondering when they release spoilers each month? Trying to decide if I should cancel now or wait and see what they are offering...I'm disappointed in their service so far as January is my first box.

Glossybox makes it really easy to unsub and resub. I did that for months, only subing with a good promo code or for a box that I really wanted. If I hadn't gotten such a great deal with livingsocial I would never have done a long sub.

Their customer service has always been helpful and prompt, but I think you kinda have to expect the boxes to come late or even into the next month...

I decided to cancel since I've not received January's box nor have I received any correspondence of any kind. Perhaps I'll resub when I see a good deal and/or another good box comes around. As it is, I hope I get January's box.

Quote: Originally Posted by soccerkidtlk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think February will go much smoother. It seems like glossy box always has one month that they have a coveted box and everyone wants one.. and then it always messes with shipping and what not and then you have people complaining how horrible glossy box is. I have never had anything but a positive experience with glossy box! Any time I've had a damaged product they have emailed me back in a day or two and sent products out super fast! One time I even got a duplicate product I had already received and they offered to send me a different product to try! I think the newer members don't understand how glossy box works. They posted this month that there would be a delay and I think people assumed that just meant shipping so they couldn't understand why since the weather has been getting better in some areas. You have to realize they probably had a delay in receiving the products for the box due to weather so it pushed everything back. SOrry thats my little rant. The january thread is really getting on my nerves.
I think you have completely misunderstood the point of frustration -- the problem was the lack of direct communication about the delay.  I, for one, never received an e-mail about the fact that there was a delay, regardless of their delivery schedule.  Rather, on my account page, I was given a delivery estimate of 1/13-1/25.  Had I not been engaged with this thread, I would have assumed something was lost.  I am not in the habit of checking GB's social media accounts, as I rarely follow company accounts.  For me and the majority of users here, that is the problem.  At the same time, if any one person HATES receiving Jan boxes in February, that's their prerogative.  However, I think GB would have saved itself plenty of vitriol by sending a direct e-mail to all subscribers.

*Yes, I checked my spam.  No it wasn't in there. No, my e-mail does not delete spam every few days.

Quote: Originally Posted by camel11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think you have completely misunderstood the point of frustration -- the problem was the lack of direct communication about the delay.  I, for one, never received an e-mail about the fact that there was a delay, regardless of their delivery schedule.  Rather, on my account page, I was given a delivery estimate of 1/13-1/25.  Had I not been engaged with this thread, I would have assumed something was lost.  I am not in the habit of checking GB's social media accounts, as I rarely follow company accounts.  For me and the majority of users here, that is the problem.  At the same time, if any one person HATES receiving Jan boxes in February, that's their prerogative.  However, I think GB would have saved itself plenty of vitriol by sending a direct e-mail to all subscribers.

*Yes, I checked my spam.  No it wasn't in there. No, my e-mail does not delete spam every few days.
It's just my opinion, but I usually see this happen once a year. And the delivery was just that an estimate. The estimates were probably loaded into the system before they knew they were having issues. I don't know. I'm not glossy box and really no one knows what the issues were besides glossy box.

Let's leave the discussion about the January boxes/shipping etc in the Jan thread.  I think everyone would agree with February on the horizon we're all ready to start anew.  
Ack... sorry, I thought I was in the Jan thread when I posted. I'll go radio silence since I cancelled for now.

Quote: Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ack... sorry, I thought I was in the Jan thread when I posted. I'll go radio silence since I cancelled for now.
Oh no worries, wasn't directed at you personally.  Easy mistake to make too, all these threads sometimes run together.  

I think there is a lot we all want to leave behind in January.  Like the fracking weather! Oh and all the junk food I told myself I wouldn't eat.  

febraury-slider-2.jpg

Can't figure out how to edit that picture but there's a sneak peek for February up on the homepage! Lauren B. Beauty nail polish.

Quote: Originally Posted by greeneyedfoxxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I can't find this?
Maybe you have to be logged in? I logged in to check on my January box and that's what my main screen is. 

ETA: I refreshed and now it's not there! But I SWEAR it was a few minutes ago :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by allistra44 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Maybe you have to be logged in? I logged in to check on my January box and that's what my main screen is. 

ETA: I refreshed and now it's not there! But I SWEAR it was a few minutes ago :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
I saw it there too when I logged into my account this morning!

It's up now! :)

Quote: Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I saw it there too when I logged into my account this morning!

It's up now! :)
Hahaha ok I thought I was losing it!

SUPER small company. Less than 100 likes on Facebook and no website! But I could dig a pale pink polish for V-day :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Latest posts

Back