HELP - I think my hair is fried

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I am really hard on my hair and it's never caught up to me - until now.  I color all the time, and I got a perm four months ago.  It still looked healthy.  This is after my first perm.

About a month after that, I did ombre color, with the ends bleached.  Still looked fine.  Then I went red a couple months later, and then last night I repermed ( so four months after the last perm).

I'm pretty sure my hair is fried.  I think the bleached ombre plus perming is what really did it in.  This is my hair today.

I will lay off the heat styling and try to let it air dry as much as possible, but is there anything else I can do?  Maybe some kind of deep conditioning treatment?

You can't do anything, just wait. Try something to make it grow faster, don't color it again and as you said lay off the heat styling.

Quote: Originally Posted by dennis1933 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You can't do anything, just wait. Try something to make it grow faster, don't color it again and as you said lay off the heat styling.
I agree!  Also don't over wash your hair and use luke-warm water when you do.  Use conditioner too.

I have seen worse. You're lucky your hair isn't super long. I would still use a deep conditioning treatment and/or a leave in conditioner. It can only help. It's not going to solve the problem, but it may help it look healthier. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would advice you to now hydrate and protect your hair!

You can use a lot of different hair treatment to protect them, I heard that a good and easy thing is maybe to use Argan oil

Believe me they are not even so bad, but always follow these tips use conditioner depending on your hair type, length, and treatment damage. Do not brush your hair too much and let them dry naturally. 

i think the best decision you made is to lay off heat and to try to let your hair dries naturally.

i use a natural conditionner that really work for me and hope that it works for you too

take a banana and mix it with half cup of coconut oil and a half cup of olive oil u can also add 2 tbsp of pure honey 

apply the mixter on you hair from roots to ends cover your hair with a plastic bag

leave it on your hair 3 hous then wash it

is you want more remedies that make your hair grow faster check out the link ===> how to get thicker hair

Always use hair heat-protectant when you straight or curl your hair. And do not always use heat to style your hair. It will make your hair more brittle and dry. Once in a while you should let your hair dry naturally. You must also use hair products that are suitable for your hair type. 

Try coconut oil or argan oil

coconut oil is better though..

Also, stop using hair iron for the meantime..

You'll get more damage from that.

Go natural. There are fewer toxins when you are working with organic products. If you still do not see changes, then, you can always ask for treatments like injecting melanin to get it back in time. Avoid the blow drier and ironing curl, too. 

Your hair is not that bad. Stay away from heat and let you hair dry naturally. Use moisturizing masks and conditioners and sometimes oil. I suggest macadamia oil because it is fast absorbing.

Oscar Blandi's Salon Glaze is amazing. I loved using this after I bleached my hair and noticed a similar kind of quality.

I would suggest you try coconut oil in your hair.  Leave on hair after rubbing in for half an hour or more and then rinse well and shampoo like normal.  You can do this several times a week and it will make it look and feel great.

If you don't have access to coconut oil try an avocado-banana hair mask. You'll need 1/2 avocado and one banana and with a hand mixer or food processor mash both together. You can add a teaspoon of plain yogurt to it if it's too thick. Make sure it's mix with no chunks left, you'll want it creamy smooth. Apply to hair, cover with a plastic bag (clean grocery bag) and leave in your hair at least 15 minutes and up to an hour. You can apply it to dry hair or damp with damp being best. Wash out with lukewarm water. If the mask was creamy you shouldn't have to wash it out with shampoo but if you have to mix the shampoo with conditioner.

I love using coconut oil on my dry hair... I slather it on, cover with one of those cheap plastic shower caps, and then hit it with a hot blow dryer for a few minutes (my stylist's suggestion).

This is usually my go to treatment when my hair is feeling like it needs a little TLC.  I have other videos that I will put up if you're looking for a more "DIY" treatment. I'll try to put them up ASAP if that's the case. Hope this helps!

0.jpg

Coconut oil is really great for the hair, scalp massage with this oil or olive oil is best.  It helps circulation that keeps hair in good shape.  I have not tried  avocado-banana hair mask, seems so messy but sure it's effect is great.  I hope I can have guts to try this  lol.

Back