Looking for a full or medium coverage long lasting foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have acne prone combination skin and i need a good foundation that is full or medium coverage and long lasting , really long lasting , that won't flake 

i have used many foundations even from European brands and still can't find something good  

I have acne prone, combination/oily skin. You should use Benefit POREfessional as a primer (regardless of what foundation you use), I swear by this stuff. It lasts throughout the day, and it minimizes my pores as advertised. If I'm looking for full coverage, I wear MAC Studio Fix Fluid liquid foundation. Personally, this doesn't effect my skin. However, for some people it might because it is thick and on the heavier side.

My skin is combination, but tends to be acne-prone from time to time. I agree with "beautybybrett" that Estee Lauder's Doublewear is fantastic. Not only does it give you great coverage, it's very long-lasting and it is available in 40 shades.

If you want to try it, head to your nearest Lauder counter to get matched and ask for a 10-day supply. Print this out.

It's about $37 or so, however; it is worth the investment. Doublewear Light is decent, however; the coverage is lighter than Doublewear. Futurist is another Lauder foundation that is fantastic (actually possesses antioxidants, which are good for your skin) and even more so for those with acne prone skin.

Just make sure to wash off any long wear makeup at night. You don't want to sleep in that. I promise, your skin will thank you. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you girls ... looks like i will try  Estee Lauder's Doublewear  out , but i don't live in  The States  so i can't give them a coupon , i'll head to the nearest luxury makeup store and try the testers 

I love the pro full coverage Mac it's pretty on and does not break me out. It really wears long... It's waterproof. Amazing!! Apply with a damp sponge it sheers out... Beautiful finish! If I use Nars sheer glow or MUFE high def I follow with Skindinavia setting spray. That holds great! I love both of these but nothing compares to Mac Pro ... It's on the pro website.

thank you girls ... looks like i will try  Estee Lauder's Doublewear  out , but i don't live in  The States  so i can't give them a coupon , i'll head to the nearest luxury makeup store and try the testers 
They may give you a sample without it. I don't recall having to have a coupon. Doesn't hurt to ask! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote: Originally Posted by beautybybrett /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They may give you a sample without it. I don't recall having to have a coupon. Doesn't hurt to ask!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
really , i hope they will 

Quote: Originally Posted by lebeautydiaries /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have acne prone, combination/oily skin. You should use Benefit POREfessional as a primer (regardless of what foundation you use), I swear by this stuff. It lasts throughout the day, and it minimizes my pores as advertised. If I'm looking for full coverage, I wear MAC Studio Fix Fluid liquid foundation. Personally, this doesn't effect my skin. However, for some people it might because it is thick and on the heavier side.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sparklygem /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the pro full coverage Mac it's pretty on and does not break me out. It really wears long... It's waterproof. Amazing!! Apply with a damp sponge it sheers out... Beautiful finish!
If I use Nars sheer glow or MUFE high def I follow with Skindinavia setting spray. That holds great! I love both of these but nothing compares to Mac Pro ... It's on the pro website.

i never used Mac foundations before ... my sister said they're cakey , might try it as well , and will defiantly try the Porefessional , though i've never used primers before i always use makeup bases that are lighter than primers  

I swear by Kat Von D's foundation. You can only get it at Sephora. It will cover ANYTHING and it easily lasts 12-14 hours. I can't recommend this enough!!!!

I wanted to try kat von D foundation for a long time ... i'll probably try Estee Lauder long wear and the kat von D.... maybe get both. Use them for a while and choose

Back