What hit the trash can today?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what did you guys toss today either because you knew you would never use it or because you finished it?

Me today:

Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo - finished it, probably won't repurchase

Vasanti enzyme exfoliator (Birchbox sample) - finished it, thinking about repurchasing 

Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask (Ipsy sample) - finished it, won't repurchase

Jelly Pong Pong Blush lip crayon (Glossybox) - a weird Barbie pink on me, didn't finish it, won't repurchase

Laura Mercier Flawless Fix pencil - discontinued
plthumbsdown.gif
 I sharpened it all the way down to the nub, can't repurchase

There is a used-up thread, but this should be the trashed thread! This month I trashed my Stila Illuminating Foundation that had 1/4 left. I didn't like it to begin with, and now it was messing with my pores and making my face super shiny. I decided it wasn't worth hating it so much every day. I also trashed 3 small colored eyeliners that were cheap quality and I literally spent a few dimes on. Tried to make them work; just not worth keeping. Finally, trashed a half-used DS tub of Carmex lotion because it had started to grow mold. I hate tossing things.

Ugh, I agree. Yesterday I trashed my Elizabeth Mott shadow pencil in pearl because it was just too glittery for me when it was sheered out, and I was having glitter fallout issues, which is a deal breaker for me. Sad, because it was the item I was most looking forward to in my Ipsy bag this month.

I actually cleaned all my makeup this weekend with 91% isopropyl alcohol. I weeded out a few pieces that I wasn't using/didn't like and I took those to a thrift store that I notice always has used makeup for sale. I figured, if someone wants to buy it- have at it. I hate trashing stuff if it doesn't have to be trashed.

There was one thing I did, however, throw in the trash. That was something I didn't think anyone would want to use. Remember those Clinique retractable brushes that come loaded with blush in the cap? Well, I had depotted the blush out of the cap and the brush was just flimsy and awful and dirty and it's really hard to clean retractable brushes, so I tossed it. And I don't feel bad about it. It was just awful.

I recently depotted an Ulta GWP blush, a Pixi bronzer from Ipsy, a MUFE sample, my BH Galaxy Chic Ipsy sample, and my Coastal Scents Revealed quad sample from Birchbox to put them in a magnetic palette, and it was so refreshing getting rid of all that extra packaging. Next up for depotting are my Emite and ModelCo eyeshadows from GB.

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I recently depotted an Ulta GWP blush, a Pixi bronzer from Ipsy, a MUFE sample, my BH Galaxy Chic Ipsy sample, and my Coastal Scents Revealed quad sample from Birchbox to put them in a magnetic palette, and it was so refreshing getting rid of all that extra packaging. Next up for depotting are my Emite and ModelCo eyeshadows from GB.
I love depotting!

Do you have a zpalette? I have a Unii that I love!!!

I've been saving this for my monthly used it up post, but this seems much more appropriate.I tossed:

- Covergirl eyeenchanceers in 670 Bedazzled Biscotti. I've tried this eyeshadow a few times and every time I remember that I hate it because it had large chunks of glitter in it. I even tried to scrape off the top, but the glitter is everywhere.

- L'Oreal Infallible Lipstick in 15 Lily. I've had this for so many years and never have worn it outside the house. While I love the color, after it sets, it shows every single crack in my lips (natural cracks not related to dryness).

- MM Top Coat. I got this in a multi polish kit from Kohls and it's was so close to being finished but has gotten very thick and streaky.

- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Icy Mint. This was super streaky and never consistent in application. Not worth the struggle. I have other colors that are amazing, so I was bummed about this one.

A sample of The Body Shop's Chocomania Shower Cream. It smells like chocolate mixed with men's cologne. Absolutely disgusting. Disappointing considering most of their shower gels and creams smell amazing. I spent an additional 20 minutes getting the smell off.

Quote: Originally Posted by eastofthesun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love depotting!

Do you have a zpalette? I have a Unii that I love!!!

I've been wanting a Unii palette forever, but I don't love the colors they have in stock at the moment, so I picked up a Myo palette on Amazon for $14. It was a stopgap purchase until I can get a nicer one, but the price wasn't terrible. It's made out of laminated paper rather than plastic and the mirror doesn't stay up on its own without being propped up, but the size is good for me, it fits my NickaK eyeshadow brush perfectly. Bad photo, but you get the idea:

Today I depotted a NYX trio from BeautyBox5 (rectangular pans on the right), my Emite from GB (black pan on the left), and my ModelCo eyeshadow duo from GB, but ended up tossing the ModelCo eyeshadows in the trash along with the Emite and NYX packaging after rediscovering that I don't really like them well enough. They were a little overly glittery for me and not a ton of color payoff for the lighter shade. 

After discovering that the NYX and Emite weren't going to depot with a simple pry maneuver, I went to buy a mini butane torch and went in this head shop asking if they had any inexpensive ones. He got all excited and asked if I had a dabbing rig at home, and I mumbled something about melting plastic and makeup, and he seemed rather confused, but was good natured about it and gave me a discount, lol.  

I keep on considering a ZPalette, but there's something about the styling that keeps me from purchasing. The clear lid is nice, but I'd rather have a big mirror on the inside.

Yesterday I trashed my Make Up For Ever Sens'Eyes MakeUp Remover.  It was the smaller sized one and only had about 1/4 of the bottle left.  I disliked it so much!  I just had to throw it away.  It never removed all of my mascara, I don't even use waterproof mascara.  Never again!

Just tossed a Baby Lips Dr.Rescue. Not because I finished it or hated it, because it is actually my favorite. But I left it in my jeans pocket and forgot to take it out. Then it got ruined in the washing machine. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by beautygroove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just tossed a Baby Lips Dr.Rescue. Not because I finished it or hated it, because it is actually my favorite. But I left it in my jeans pocket and forgot to take it out. Then it got ruined in the washing machine. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

that happened to the vanilla Chapstick i got from birchbox!! i really love it and was truly saddened when i discovered it in the pocket of my freshly washed and dried jeans... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ha! I like this thread idea! Last night I tossed a brown Almay Liquid Eyeliner. It's my favorite brand of eyeliner, but I've only bought it in black for the past three years, so that had to be waaaaay old! I threw out a Neova makeup remover (I think it was from my Blush subscription), because I got fed up with it doing a seriously crappy job of taking off my mascara. In my trash now are also a can of Suave Volumizing Mousse which I used up (cheapest mousse I buy, and I totally LOVE it). Also, the wrapper for some Boscia blotting papers, which I got on sale and won't buy again (Clean & Clear is far superior, and I think almost everybody knows it
smilehappyyes.gif
).

I just tossed 3 nail polishes that were old and didn't work with my skintone. I also decided to throw out a deluxe sample of the Lancome Hypnose Star mascara. I hated the way this made my lashes look clumpy and it was too wet of a formula. I tried to force myself to finish it, but it just isn't worth the hassle.

I also finished a large size Mario Badescu enzyme cleanser which I already had a backup for. I love this stuff! It's gentle and my skin looks so much better.

Oh this is going to be embarrassing to admit. I threw away a ton of stuff this weekend when I reorganized and took inventory of my stash. An e.l.f lip stain and bronzer A Covergirl powder Multiple tarte lipsurgences from holiday 2012 that got weird Two wet n wild lip liners I used maybe once 3 half-used foundations I couldn't make work for me A cream blush and a lipstick from Clinique that had to be 5 years old I'm pretty sure there was more but that's the memorable stuff. I don't know why I was hoarding it all! Felt so good to get rid of it!

I thought it deserved honorable mention: I was re-organizing my ridiculous backstock of products last week, and among other things, I threw out a sealed Glazewear lipgloss from when I used to sell Avon in 2003. That's right - I held onto that baby for 10 years! Time to say goodbye...

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I thought it deserved honorable mention: I was re-organizing my ridiculous backstock of products last week, and among other things, I threw out a sealed Glazewear lipgloss from when I used to sell Avon in 2003. That's right - I held onto that baby for 10 years! Time to say goodbye...
This made me laugh!  I remember I had one of them when I was like 12 and it made my lips purple.  Yikes.

Tossed the Essence eyeliner pen. It still had product but I had to press hard to get any pigmentation and the tip was frayed. I didn't use it that much before it got like this but it was cheap so w/e L'oreal True Match foundation - I don't use foundation anymore and this was a 4 year old liquid, so time to go. Covergirl powder - again, about 4 years old and I don't use powder foundation anymore either. Marcelle black eyeliner - it doesn't stay on my eyes at all so I just threw it out.

Latest posts

Back