Dry Skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to use First Aid Beauty  Ultra Repair Cream right after my shower and before bed.. It leaves my skin feeling so moisturized.. I also use my sonic face brush to remove dead skin cells and cleanse with a facial cleanser... on days when I feel I need more... after moisturizing I use an oil such as tarte maracuja oil or Josie argan oil... or even coconut oil,,which you can also put in your hair.. I also wear less foundation and lean torwards bb or cc creams

Not necessarily, I just make sure to keep my skin moisturized. I'll apply moisturizers at night and after getting out of the shower. I have oily/combination skin.

Quote: Originally Posted by lebeautydiaries /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Not necessarily, I just make sure to keep my skin moisturized. I'll apply moisturizers at night and after getting out of the shower. I have oily/combination skin.
I just have to agree with you. Winder causes a lot of windburns, as well.  You might want to add creams that will help you get rid of them. Better yet, combine it with the right clothing. Avoiding exposure to too extreme temperatures is one of the best ways to help the skin. 

How is it? Did you get one already? These burns are already patching in my face and I have to fix them quick. Working with the most practical remedies just will not work with this kind of extreme weather. Also, I want the products to be less toxic. I have heard that working with lead and mercury can cause serious health problems. 

I have extremely dry skin. I use Lush Seaweed Face Mask every few days. In between I use Burt's Bees Sensitive Facial Cleanser. Sometimes I also use Eucerin calming oil and I scrub with a loofa to bring up all of the dead skin cells. I always moisturize my face after washing with St. Ives lotion. And I only use liquid foundation, so it will not cake on my skin. All of the products I listed are a more natural solution for your face that will not burn or be too harsh for your skin. 

I've been using Mirage Argan Oil by Crave Naturals. I used to have really dry skin and now with this product its added a lot more moisture. Check out the product on Amazon. 

Because I already have extremely dry skin I have to make sure that instead of moisturizing once a day, I do at (least) twice daily. Without it the cold air just seems to suck all the moisture out of my face and I end up with these red marks around the side of my face (side of the nose, around the eyebrows) and it even becomes painful!

The best way to treat dry skin is to drink plenty of water. The second way is to apply aloe vera gel on your face for 15-20 minutes twice a day. This wonderful substance is antiseptic and antifungal as well as being able to cool hot dry skin.

For winter I normally load my skin up with cream, normal body lotion. Not so much that my face gets really oily and yukky, but enough to moisturize. :)

Well I always use natural moisturizers. I use “Coconut oil” at night as it is the best moisturizer for dry skin. 

Coconut oil as my holy grail moisturizer too! It has amazing effects,and its smell is amazing too!

Yes definitely! I was talking to a makeup artist and we both agreed many women change their makeup during winter and summer. Mostly because in summer you are probably darker too. 

Our skin dry suffer during the cold winter months. So use coconut oil on your face. This is natural way and moisturize overnight. I always try to do this method in winter.

@lacylei I have naturally oilier skin, but in the winter I get patchy, flaky dry spots on the sides of my chin. I've been using pomegranate seed oil for those parts of my face and haven't had a problem with my skin. Some oils are more comedogenic than others, and since I'm prone to breakouts, I have to use oils that are rated 0 on the comedogenic scale. (0 means it is the least likely to cause breakouts, 1 is that it can, but is unlikely, while 4 is that most people would break out and 5 is the worst.) My husband used argan oil and loves it, too, and it's good for aging skin (and hair! but just use a tiny bit!) Another thing I do less of in the winter is powder. It tends to dry my skin further. If I put a BB cream or a little foundation. I'll set it very lightly with powder, but I'll use very little. If your skin flakes at all, powder can make the dry areas very obvious. Also, as I see someone mentioned above, drinking LOTS of water to moisturize from the inside out!

@vishnu priya It has resolved the problem for me. Before bed, I use a Vitamin C serum, wait a minute or so, then use a couple drops of the pomegranate seed oil and massage it in really well. I wear it alone or under my BB tinted cream during the day. Let me know how it goes! 

Latest posts

Back