NYX Spring Collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone checked out the NYX spring collection as yet? Specifically the dream catcher palettes? I got two of them and they are awesometastic. I also got a couple of the butter lipsticks and those are great too, I plan on checking out the new baked blushes and the new tinted moisturiser and blotting powder as well. The whole spring line looks great from lips to lashes.

Here are pictures of Golden Horizons and Stormy Skies

These are gorg. Do they go on very pigmented? How much fallout? I'll have to pay more attention to this line. It's never been a go-to line for me, but people really seem to like it.

Nooooo! I'm no a no-buy, why do they have to have like 5 things I already automatically want??

Brown mascara? I'm so there!

Matte Taupe "Over the Taupe" WANT WANT WANT

Matte Warm Brown "Coquette" NEEEEED

Four mattes and 2 shimmers in sweet, natural colors? WANT!!!

These are gorg. Do they go on very pigmented? How much fallout? I'll have to pay more attention to this line. It's never been a go-to line for me, but people really seem to like it.
Here are pictures of Golden Horizons and Stormy Skies
Very pigmented which honestly quite surprised me, the food thing about these too is that you don't have to get all of them cause they're all basic neutrals with the exception of that one purple in every palette.

Purple is one of those hit or miss colors on me. It can make me look like I have a black eye in a nano-second!

Purple is one of those hit or miss colors on me. It can make me look like I have a black eye in a nano-second!
I'm just the opposite, I struggle not to buy a palette for one purple shade, lol.

I got Stormy Skies because I had to have the silver shadow but liked all the other ones in there too.  I'm the Queen of Dark Undereye Circles and want to try NYX's new concealer.  And I just saw their "Waiting for Tonight" palette.  Wow, even has eyebrow powder.

Quote: Originally Posted by TheSilverNail /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got Stormy Skies because I had to have the silver shadow but liked all the other ones in there too.  I'm the Queen of Dark Undereye Circles and want to try NYX's new concealer.  And I just saw their "Waiting for Tonight" palette.  Wow, even has eyebrow powder.
OK, so I'm not sure if you're talking about the Above and Beyond Concealer pot, but if you are, you need it in your life. I was using Sleek Luminiser before and never found anything else that even came close, but since I bought that NYX concealer pot a month ago, I haven't used anything else. It's good for everything from undereye circles to spot covering. In the summer time that super rich bronze that I turn into leeches away with the cold weather and then  I'm just yellow and sickly looking and the undereye circles make me look so much worse. This concealer banished them to purgatory! 

I was looking at some of the stuff... I want to see if ulta has it in soon!
I think that not all Ulta's are gonna get the full lines. The one literally up the street from my house, the one I can frikkin walk to doesn't have it, I drove almost half an hour to Gainesville and they only had these two palettes and the butter lipsticks that I forgot to include in the pics. Ok, pictures and swatches of Hunk, Fireball and Licorice below

Gah, those lip butters look fantastic on your skin tone!  How do they feel on your lips?  I'm always looking for ones that aren't heavy or waxy.  thx

Gah, those lip butters look fantastic on your skin tone!  How do they feel on your lips?  I'm always looking for ones that aren't heavy or waxy.  thx
Thanks! Nooooo! They're not waxy or heavy,they give a surprisingly really good amount of colour, they feel pretty much like a lip balm, moisturising and light. I can't really speak to the longevity cause I'm a Starbucks robot so I can't wear those colours at work and I'm pretty much always working. I really hate that the tubes look so flimsy and cheap though.

Wow these look awesome never tried Nyx but just saw a closed display at my CVS... They are going to carry their line. . Can't wait to try

I definitely want to try some of this! My target carries a lot of nyx so I have my fingers crossed!

Oh my, the Stormy Skies palette! I want!
I may have inverted the names of the palettes, the one on top is Stormy Skies and the one on bottom is Golden Horizons. And, I'm really surprised but I do prefer the Stormy Skies palette to the other one hands down.

Back