BIRCHBOX MAN FEBRUARY 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
0.jpg

So sad the app trick not working anymore. I guess it won't work for ladies boxes next month either. Oh well, guess will have to wait to find out our box contents the old fashioned way. Hope my husband doesn't get the notecards. I'm pretty sure he would be disappointed with stationary. 

My husband's box arrived despite the fact that it said it wasn't shipping until 1/25. He got:
The notecards are a nice quality but I am sure he will not use them.

Quote: Originally Posted by dotybird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My husband's box arrived despite the fact that it said it wasn't shipping until 1/25. He got:

Not bad. The sizes seem to be fairly good  right? 

Quote: Originally Posted by dotybird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's the exact box my boyfriend has coming to him.

Yes- the sizes are pretty good. For some reason, I didn't find the box as exciting as past ones, but my husband seemed to like it.

My husbands getting his box tomorrow I think and he is getting the same box!!

Here's our box:

I am not sure about the hat. My bf and I are in the midst of breaking up so a Mr. hat seems a little odd. It kinda reminds me of Mr & Mrs themed wedding stuff. The products seem generously sized and that should make up for the value of the box. Ha. Oh well. At least his sub is over next month. 
saythat.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Here's our box:

I am not sure about the hat. My bf and I are in the midst of breaking up so a Mr. hat seems a little odd. It kinda reminds me of Mr & Mrs themed wedding stuff. The products seem generously sized and that should make up for the value of the box. Ha. Oh well. At least his sub is over next month. 
saythat.gif

$20 dollars for you to direct to a new subscription box for yourself!!

Oh my god, y'all!  this is some funny stuff!  They didn't put the actual text into the letters going out to the guys this month so it still had the filler text.  It's HILARIOUS!

Quote: Originally Posted by disconik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Oh my god, y'all!  this is some funny stuff!  They didn't put the actual text into the letters going out to the guys this month so it still had the filler text.  It's HILARIOUS!

rofl2.gif

It sounds like a dog's to-do list that was run through Google Translate!

Quote: Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

rofl2.gif

It sounds like a dog's to-do list that was run through Google Translate!
I was thinking cat but #leavehaireverywhere is my new favorite hashtag.

Quote: Originally Posted by disconik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That is really bad!!! Does not give bb good creed. Hmmmmmm. 
wacko.gif

That is really bad!!! Does not give bb good creed. Hmmmmmm.  :wacko:
Oh, I know!! My husband read it and like, what is this??? I read it and almost felt insulted!!! They really need to be more careful about what they send out. Some of those phrases are really, really bad and not a good message for a company like BB to portray!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, I know!! My husband read it and like, what is this??? I read it and almost felt insulted!!! They really need to be more careful about what they send out. Some of those phrases are really, really bad and not a good message for a company like BB to portray!!!
It was an accident and they explained what happened in the "Your Box has shipped email". Seriously not a big deal at all, and personally I thought it was more entertaining then anything else they would have put on there.

They also addressed it on facebook with this response:

Birchbox Man Hey Guys! Sorry for the confusion on this. This was, of course, an unfortunate (if hilarious) printing error! You can read the actual editor's letter in your your "Your February Box Has Shipped" email. (And yes, what you are reading is placeholder text generated by a machine to help our designers get a head start while our writers toil away at the final draft. The fact that our writing staff is made up entirely of cats is a complete coincidence.) Let us know if you have any more questions! http://birch.ly/1fnrwzp

Quote: Originally Posted by emily9763 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It was an accident and they explained what happened in the "Your Box has shipped email". Seriously not a big deal at all, and personally I thought it was more entertaining then anything else they would have put on there.

Birchbox Man Hey Guys! Sorry for the confusion on this. This was, of course, an unfortunate (if hilarious) printing error! You can read the actual editor's letter in your your "Your February Box Has Shipped" email. (And yes, what you are reading is placeholder text generated by a machine to help our designers get a head start while our writers toil away at the final draft. The fact that our writing staff is made up entirely of cats is a complete coincidence.) Let us know if you have any more questions! http://birch.ly/1fnrwzp

This actually made me laugh...A couple times! I do not think of BB any less, in fact it shows their human side. The fact that they can apologize and also show a sense of humor when owning up to a silly mistake is pretty refreshing. Maybe I have a weird sense of humor??

OK, I didn't get their apology letter and didn't realize it was supposably cats thinking this??? But after being told that and rereading the text, I can see the sense of humor that it is! I take it back and agree that BB has a sense of humor and they are not bad to the bone as original thought. I guess we will all just laugh and now every time I see my kitty cats I will think of BB and those phrases and not be able to keep a straight face!!! : ). LOL I was glad they owned up to the mistake and explained it though as I started to wonder. . . .thank you all for setting me straight!!!! Nancy

Quote: Originally Posted by emily9763 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmm... I wonder if they're hiring more writers, my cats just lay around the apartment when they could be earning their keep!  One is especially talented at "stick butt in face."

Hmmm... I wonder if they're hiring more writers, my cats just lay around the apartment when they could be earning their keep!  One is especially talented at "stick butt in face."
Giggles, giggles, giggles!!! I love it!!! My two follow with climb the leg and eat every I Phone or I. Pad cord we have! There is something in the cords that Apple makes that they can't resist. . . .catnip????? LOL

Latest posts

Back