Sneak Peek Leak of new Urban Decay items, including an ELECTRIC palette.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I didn't see this posted anywhere, forgive me if I missed it.

Someone who works for UD leaked some images, I thought MUT posters would be interested in seeing them.

The Electric Palette itself:

Great evidence that "ELECTRIC" will be a line and not just a single product, a set of polishes with the ELECTRIC name:

More new polishes, no idea if "ELECTRIC" or not, with the current polish bottle design:

A number of new liners, including a gel liner, a pen liner, and a.. stick liner? Not sure what the middle one is called. Want dat brush though:

More shades of Naked Flushed:

Nine new lipgloss shades released under the NAKED banner:

Two more Beauty Balms, "Illuminating" and "Bronzing:"

Also under the NAKED banner, five new finishing powders:

And several colorful glitters and a glitter adhesive, no idea if part of the "ELECTRIC" thing or not:

Right now the Electric palette is slated to come out this summer, but this stuff is obviously not fully finished, so who knows what will change before now and then.

Source: 

That's awesome, I hope all those shadows are MATTE! D:

I also hope one of the Naked Flushed palettes is Matte so we can use it to contour :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> wooooot

I NEED ELECTRIC! It's soo pretty, I want it! Thanks for the pics.

Here's what I know or am speculating.

​
To be released this summer.​
 ​
 ​
To be released by the summer.​
 ​
Possibly later this spring or summer.​
 ​
Later this spring.​
 ​
 ​
Later this spring.​
 ​
 ​
Later this spring/summer.​

I'm glad to see UD make such a bright palette. Wasn't that what they originally intended their makeup to be? Bright, colourful and fun? I mean I know they've made many palettes with colour, but I feel like their whole focus is Naked now ._.
I can't wait to read blog reviews on everything!

This all looks so exciting! I definitely want to give those electric shadows a go, probably with one of the Naked lip colors. (I'm totally clueless about light lipstick shades. I'll have to get some advice once those release at Sephora.) And the nail polishes?! I love the Woodstock, Bang, and Deep End. I'm just getting into nail polish and I love how my laid back, comfy clothes can be given an exciting pop, a flirty finish or a daring edge by treating my nails like an additional canvas for accessorizing and self expression. There is definitely some awesome stuff to look forward to here! 

Quote: Originally Posted by JuliaGhostx3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm glad to see UD make such a bright palette. Wasn't that what they originally intended their makeup to be? Bright, colourful and fun? I mean I know they've made many palettes with colour, but I feel like their whole focus is Naked now ._.
I can't wait to read blog reviews on everything!
Their original palette consisted of grimy, dirty, grungy colors -- the colors of a dying city, hence the name Urban Decay.  This was back before deep green, black, and blue nail polish was A Thing, and they more or less created the market.  Their early colors were things like Bruise (a green-purple duochrome, if I recall correctly), Shelter (acid green metallic.  *Gorgeous* color but *horrific* staining!), Oil Slick (think oil on a puddle at night), Asphalt (black with a shimmer), and Spare Change (silver).  Their angle was pretty much the antithesis of bright, colorful, and fun.  Their original slogan:  "Does pink make you puke?"  They went *hard* for my demographic at the time:  Early 20s, city-dwellers, veterans of the grunge scene, uninterested in bright and fun color, willing to pay department store prices for grunge and punk colors.  If you wanted shimmery dark blue lipstick, you hit the UD counter.

The UD employee that posted this on reddit said that the items that we haven't seen before (everything except the face powder, Naked skin, lip gloss) are a part of their Summer 2014 collection. They have since deleted their post/comments.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Their original palette consisted of grimy, dirty, grungy colors -- the colors of a dying city, hence the name Urban Decay.  This was back before deep green, black, and blue nail polish was A Thing, and they more or less created the market.  Their early colors were things like Bruise (a green-purple duochrome, if I recall correctly), Shelter (acid green metallic.  *Gorgeous* color but *horrific* staining!), Oil Slick (think oil on a puddle at night), Asphalt (black with a shimmer), and Spare Change (silver).  Their angle was pretty much the antithesis of bright, colorful, and fun.  Their original slogan:  "Does pink make you puke?"  They went *hard* for my demographic at the time:  Early 20s, city-dwellers, veterans of the grunge scene, uninterested in bright and fun color, willing to pay department store prices for grunge and punk colors.  If you wanted shimmery dark blue lipstick, you hit the UD counter.
That makes me sad, and wish I was older around this time. I remember Oil Slick, because they still had it pretty recently, like right after they reformulated all of the shadows and got rid of all of those old ones, including the ones with the gorgeous packaging. It really sounds like they've sold out. I mean, ultimately that is probably the goal of all companies, to make $, but going from grunge to neutrals is a pretty dramatic change.
Also Shelter sounds perfect, greens are my favourite. Is that one still available anywhere?
I remember UD had those other lipsticks too, and they had an Oil Slick lipstick in the collection. It was on sale for $3 after they were getting all new things and I almost bought it.

Quote: Originally Posted by JuliaGhostx3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That makes me sad, and wish I was older around this time. I remember Oil Slick, because they still had it pretty recently, like right after they reformulated all of the shadows and got rid of all of those old ones, including the ones with the gorgeous packaging. It really sounds like they've sold out. I mean, ultimately that is probably the goal of all companies, to make $, but going from grunge to neutrals is a pretty dramatic change.
Also Shelter sounds perfect, greens are my favourite. Is that one still available anywhere?
I remember UD had those other lipsticks too, and they had an Oil Slick lipstick in the collection. It was on sale for $3 after they were getting all new things and I almost bought it.
Shelter was part of a set they put out in collaboration with Todd Oldham called the Urban Animal Collection.  It had three polishes -- Shelter, Alley Cat (a copper), and Stray Dog (a kind of greenish brownish silver) -- and a pet food dish.  I think a portion of the proceeds went to animal rescue groups, and it seems like all three colors were only released as part of this set and not sold separately, either then or now.  I still have that pet food dish in my kitchen even though I got it about five apartments ago and have never actually used it for anything, including feeding my kitties!  The bottles are long purged from my collection, though.  Their original bottles *sucked*.

From Urban Decay's site, circa 1997.

Quote:

lips and nails worthy of the city's beauty.
colors from the paint box of my life.
pallor is the sheen of my flesh
because desire is everything.
ozone is my savior. strong. sturdy. hard.
find inspiration from the dark landscape.
hunt out passion amidst the sprawl.
follow the jet black oil slick back to my heart.
come to me starry starry night.
frosty frosty bite. don't be scared.
there are impulses at every corner. every turn
plague melts violets into the deep dark ocean.
mildew shimmers from golden erosion.
don't crumble. come back to earth.
come back to the metropolis.

come back to me.

Also one of their early sayings, "Be a person, not a doll".

When I discovered Urban Decay I was so in love with the edginess of it all and now I am just so uninterested in the whole naked thing they have going on. I know it is popular, but I want the grungy UD back. The electric palette is very pretty, but I won't think about breaking my no-buy for it. The colors are indeed edgy because how bright they are but their not my idea of edgy. I like my black on black or grunge looks. I think I am just too invested in my no-buy to find anything interesting anymore. I must be sick!

I have to say that I'm very intrigued by the word Velvet on the eyeliner pencil.  Matte eyeliner pencils?  And that All-Nighter twist-up liner.  Something like stila smudge sticks?  If they're only doing black, I'm passing, but if they did blackened colors, I would need to get them all.

I love the electric palette! I so need it! I'm really happy UD decided to go in a more bold and colorful direction. I like parts of the Naked line, but I have gotten a bit bored with it, so this is awesome! :)

OH....MY. That palette! I must have that palette!
wub.gif

Oh wow...very bright and colorful Urban Decay. But I never wear green, blue, or those pinks color on my eyes. Those colors just never look good on my light skin. So I stick to browns and purples. Those naked glosses looks fun though!

Quote: Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love the electric palette! I so need it! I'm really happy UD decided to go in a more bold and colorful direction. I like parts of the Naked line, but I have gotten a bit bored with it, so this is awesome! :)
Completely agreed! I love my Naked palettes but we've seen this line for years now...literally. It was definitely time for something new! So stoked about that palette!!!

Latest posts

Back