HELP! Fashion alerttt. I NEED HELP.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm not thick, but I'm also not a beam pole. I'm 5'3, 119 pounds. I'm a skinny girl. But I DO HAVE CURVES. I have a decently big toosh, and my hips are not tiny. But I have a tiny waist. I can't find anything that suits my figure, cause anything too tight or too low rise, shows where my hips poke out and give me that "muffin top" effect. I really need help figuring out what's flattering to my body, because as of rright now... my only comfortable outfits are sweatpants and tshirts/tanktops. HELP pleaseeee.

Thanks, Samantha.
icon_confused.gif

Hi Samantha

If you are handy you could solve this problem easy enough. Buy yourself a sewing machine and modify the clothes you like. You can't do this to all of them but many of them are suitable. A friend of mine does this , it was a it difficult in the beginning  but after a while everything was easy enough.

Hope this helps

I think you should try some dresses and add a belt on your thin waist, it will define you body and mark the forms in a glamurous way.

The same for skirts

Contrary to the usual tips from TVs and other fashion centers, it is not right to just go with what the trend dictates. It is better to come up with your own style. From there, anything can happen. You can only stand out when you want what you are wearing, not when the society likes what you are wearing.  

Try this website, it may help. http://www.missussmartypants.com/ You can submit a photo of yourself if you aren't sure of your profile. There is a fee charged for some of the services, but I've learned so much about what to wear for my body type.

I am very similar. I wear a lot of belts. The key is accessoring with belts. Also, avoid full or pleated skirts, as well as, anything "maxi". Straight jackets always look great, as do straight pants. Anything streamlined looks great. Pencil skirts always look flattering on women with curves. As for jackets, you want a well cut piece, not anything boxy or cropped. Avoid anything with a big shoulder.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sarah Afshar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am very similar. I wear a lot of belts. The key is accessoring with belts. Also, avoid full or pleated skirts, as well as, anything "maxi". Straight jackets always look great, as do straight pants. Anything streamlined looks great. Pencil skirts always look flattering on women with curves. As for jackets, you want a well cut piece, not anything boxy or cropped. Avoid anything with a big shoulder.
This one is great. You have very efficient tips on how to make the person wearing the clothes look 5-10 lbs lighter. Going with jackets is a bit tricky especially during the winter. You will always look puffier because of the thickness of the clothes. I want to know how you deal with that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Quote: Originally Posted by leorexbooster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  This one is great. You have very efficient tips on how to make the person wearing the clothes look 5-10 lbs lighter. Going with jackets is a bit tricky especially during the winter. You will always look puffier because of the thickness of the clothes. I want to know how you deal with that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Agreed. I noticed this particular tribulation when observing others. And then, I just couldn't refrain from taking my own advice. Choosing a shorter jacket always works, as long jackets always make someone look/appear thicker. If you do choose a longer coat, go with something that is more in the peacoat range of style rather than raincoat. Also, avoid any coats that possesses real animal because they add weight, as well.

Honestly, I think a fit-and-flare or skater dress would show off your tiny waist and your hips without clinging to the low waist area that so many "low rise" jeans hit (this is a problem I run into sometimes). Fit-and-flare/skater dresses are super feminine and easy to pair with a ton of accessories (they're also awesome for layering with the seasons-- you could wear a sweater or hoodie with it and tights and boots for cooler days or just go bare legged with sandals and a statement necklace for summer.) They're also really low maintenance. I'd suggest checking out a jersey material for it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Keep us updated when you try some new stuff and experiment!

Latest posts

Back