Brag on yourself! Makeup Achievements!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweakabell

Bringing you peace one war at a time
Reaction score
Did you finally master that cat eye and get your wings even and smooth? Have you found a way to use that weird color in your palette that you thought you'd never touch? Was your smokey eye "smokey", not 90's TV goth? Brag on it!! Share a pic, if you want. Take joy in the little achievements and the big ones.

I had originally thought of this thread as just makeup but feel free to add any other things you wanna brag on, celebrate with us!

I'll start:

Today I applied liquid liner successfully in a moving vehicle! Quite an achievement for me as I consider myself a makeup novice.

Quote: Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  <snip>

Today I applied liquid liner successfully in a moving vehicle! Quite an achievement for me as I consider myself a makeup novice.

Well, if you managed to apply the liner to your eyelids, right above your lashline, and in a relatively straight line...congratulations!

If, however, it ended up somewhere else on your face, such as your nose, cheek, etc.,  then perhaps it's a bit too soon to start celebrating... <wink>...But you get points for trying. LOL!

Good for you!

I'm several decades removed from being a makeup novice, and I would never even attempt to apply liquid liner in a car in motion!

LOL! Thank you I was quite proud!

It was actually fairly good if I do say so myself. Hubby didn't realize I wasn't done before he pulled away from the parking lot so my options were limited: have one eye partially done or finish while moving.

I can curl my lashes without lookin at the mirror and apply mascara on my lashes without lookin in the mirror too without smudging. I wonder if this is an achievement or not haha!

This past year I *finally* got the hang of applying false eyelashes (switching glue types helped too
).  I used to always lose one (or both) at some point when going out which was annoying in numerous ways lol

I finally learned how to apply eyeshadow to my hooded eyes. I was using the wrong brushes amd I wasn't taking my crease color up high enough. Made a world of difference.

Finally did a straight line on my lids with my liquid liner! I still can't extend the line past my lids very well for much of a wing but it's something lol

Quote: Originally Posted by ddalgi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally did a straight line on my lids with my liquid liner!

I still can't extend the line past my lids very well for much of a wing but it's something lol
I can't either I'm too much of a perfectionist when they don't match.

I finally graduated to red lipstick!  Honestly it's a big achievement for me.

Quote: Originally Posted by BoySarah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I finally graduated to red lipstick!  Honestly it's a big achievement for me.
i'm still trying! i can't wear any bright colored lipstick outside....i have a few but only wear them around the house. kinda creepy-like LOL

I use to only wear neutrals and now I use so many colors. Im happy i can experiement with color

Quote: Originally Posted by tweakabell /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cool, what changed your mind?
friends and co-workers talked me into it.  I was afraid of drawing to much attention to myself... it was a confidence issue.   Thanks to my friends I took the leap.

Back