Nars Eyeshadows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE NARS eyeshadows. Pigmented, long wearing, everything you want in an eyeshadow to me. And now I want this palette. I don't need it and I have soooo many NARS duos but I want bad.

Quote: Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I LOVE NARS eyeshadows. Pigmented, long wearing, everything you want in an eyeshadow to me. And now I want this palette. I don't need it and I have soooo many NARS duos but I want bad.
Thank you, the palette cost $79, but I think it is a good value because a single nars eyeshadow cost $24.

They are really good. They produce a fantastic color payoff and you can build color too. Their nail polishes are terrible though.

Personally, I'm not a fan of NARS shadows, at all. Their only products I do like are one limited edition blush and their radiant loose & pressed powders. Other than that, nothing they make impresses me in the least. When you're buying palettes, pay close attention to the gram weight of each pan. Do the math. Just because it may seem like a good deal doesn't mean it is. Looks are very deceiving when it comes to the majority of palettes, as well as product packaging. I guarantee you that every pan in that palette is far smaller than a full sized NARS eyeshadow. You might also want to take a look at Temptalia's review & swatches on this palette before dropping a wad of cash on it. It's far from spectacular.

Ahh it looks so pretty!  Definitely gonna have to do research like @satojoko said.  It is a hefty price. o.o

I have not bought the palette yet, from all the review I saw people either love it or hate it. I might skip on it because I already got lots of palettes.

I would recommend finding a few colors you love then buying the singles -- the pans in palettes are TINY! also, I hear that the pigmentation of this palette is nowhere near as pigmented as the original singles...so that's something to keep in mind. overall, their singles and duo shadows are some of the most buttery pigmented stuff ever. 

deff go swatch the palette in a Sephora if you can... I bought a duo of their shades and they were such bad quality...not good pigmentation and flaky...so I think their eyeshadows can be iffy...they didn't even compare to some of urban decays flaky shades... but then I have some blushes I lovee!

I went today and bought this palette - hopefully it will be my go-to travel palette. I feel like the case is sturdy enough for travel, so we'll see how it holds up!

Back