Have you ever finished, or came close to finishing a mineral makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently I ordered a bunch of mineral makeup from e.l.f and was wondering how long it took to finish up mineral makeup. Foundation should go fast, but what about eyeshadow, blush, etc. My burning question is how long it took you to use something up, and what it was.

Like everything it depends on how much you use and how often you use it. The heavier the hand the fast you'll go through product and a good quality product will take time to use up since you need a light hand.

This is such a good questions. I have never finished up eyeshadow mineral makeup. only foundations. a little goes a long way with eyeshadows since they are so pigmented

link removed.

hmmm I use up my foundation and concealer the fastest cuz some days I don't even wear eyeshadow or blush. Plus the looose pigments are sooo concentrated.

I've used up a concealer, but nothing else. I'm getting close to finishing a foundation since I'm using it so regularly, but I've had it for a very long time. When I didn't have good brushes, I wasn't picking up nearly enough foundation so the coverage was poor and I was barely using it up.

I just used a new mineral blush from GloryBoon on Etsy for the first time today. The color was so strong that I changed my entire plan and went with a very minimal look except for the statement blush. I was able to blend it in enough that it didn't look crazy, and the final look was amazing. But it will take me forever to use that blush - it's a big container, too.

I still have eyeshadow packets that I haven't used up; mineral eyeshadows seem to last forever, and many of the ones I have are so shimmery that I have to use them extremely sparingly and sometimes cover up the undereye so I don't have crazy spillage. I've used a bit more of the ones that I also used as liners since many minerals work wet/dry. But it will be quite a while before I buy more mineral makeup - it seems to last fine but probably isn't as well-preserved as some other makeup products, and it's very difficult to use it up. Maybe if I used one very consistently for a signature look, it'd be different.

Oh yes, for sure. I use mostly mineral makeup. I've used up several foundations, concealers, bronzers, highlighters, and blushes. In terms of eyeshadow, I guess I generally have too many I enjoy using, so while I've used up a lot of sample-sized mineral eyeshadows, I've only used up two or three full-size eyeshadows - those being the 'boring' base colours like pale beige/cream/nude in my case. But it's funny: use up a foundation, you feel sad and regretful that you need to get more; use up an eyeshadow, and you feel 'responsible' and 'virtuous'!  :lol:

Yup, my sis had finished the eyeshadow and foundation. She's happy with it though was a bit reluctant at start

Last edited by a moderator:
@@thischick Regarding 'how long?', I think the mineral eyeshadow that I absolutely loved as a base got decimated in about 9-12 months of fairly consistent use (it was about 2 grams), while mineral foundation will last 2-3 months, if it's a container in the realm of 2 grams/1 tsp. Many foundations are 2 or 3 times larger than that, so you can expect them to last 4-9 months. Obviously this is dependent on how lightly/heavily you apply makeup.

I've used my concealer and blemish powder the quickest ,not sure how I think because on days when I can't be bothered to do a full face ,and if i've issues to conceal or that i'll use the above to tackle that. I've just gotten through a browny shade first ever eyeshadow to finish up and that was purely 'cause I used it the most. Did this the eyeshadow in around 7-8months, the concealer/blemish powder was in around 6 months. I am nowhere near finishing my foundation or other products. I always wonder if mineral products have a shelf life? Like I know most say powders don't have issues for years,but is it considered the same with minerals? I've not had any reactions yet, to the ones I own that are over a year old,but I am worried. Anyone know?

Latest posts

Back