Your Skincare Regimen

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What's your skincare regimen ladies?

Is it day, night or both?  

Are you loyal and do a skincare regimen every day?

Do you use the same specific products or change it up?

I use a pore refining cleanser every time I shower. I exfoliate two days out of the week. I usually try to apply a masque for oily skin at least once a week. I Google masque recipes and make my own at home (usually oatmeal, egg yolk, and honey are some of the main ingredients). I love the way my skin feels afterwards!

I generally wash my face 4-5 times a day and definitely before going to bed. Along with this i use Yllume skin face mask which is very suitable to my skin and gives a smooth, glowing effect to the skin. Yllume products are very pure and natural and suits all types of skin.

I have a specific skincare routine, but I don't necessarily use the same products all the time. My skin has a lot of 'issues'. I have combination skin, acne, large pores, and (at 23) I'm starting to notice my first fine lines in my forehead and under my eyes. So there is no one cleanser, serum, treatment whatever that's going to handle all that all the time lol.

AM:

• Foaming cleanser - Right now I'm using Avon's Daily Blackhead Eliminating cleanser
  • Oil or cream-based cleanser (since my foaming cleanser is so harsh) - Right now using Julep's Bare Face oil cleanser
  • Acne treatment - Using Neutrogena SkinID spot treatment
  • Eye cream - Benefit's It's Potent
  • Moisturizer - Avon Care Soothing Nourishing Cream
  • And then all my makeup

PM:

• Some form of makeup remover that is gentle enough for eyes - Currently Avon's Moisture Effective eye makeup remover lotion
  • Wash again with my foaming cleanser
  • Wash 2X with my oil cleanser
  • Serum - Paula's Choice Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
  • Eye Cream again
  • Moisturizer - usually the same as my day moisturizer, but I happen to have an "evening" moisturizer so I'm using that right now. It's something from Lancôme, don't remember what it's called right now though

And then 2X a week I swap out my foaming cleanser in the AM for an exfoliating scrub and then in my PM routine I add in a mask after cleansing and removing makeup (right now I'm using The Body Shop's Aloe Protective Restoring Mask because, you know, winter).

Ugh, typing all that out it looks really tedious and time-consuming but it's really not. In the morning all of that usually doesn't take much longer than five minutes (I wash my face in the shower to save time). And in the PM, probably closer to ten but I actually enjoy my nighttime routine. I work in a restaurant, so it feels good to come home and wash the day off and it helps me relax before bed.

Thanks Nicole!  I know what you mean about enjoying the routine.  It's like "me" time!

Cleanse (I use a variety, but Dermalogica and Boscia are the brands I use more), Tone (Clinique's Acne Solutions Clarifying Toner), Treat (Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair is my favorite, but use several), Moisturize (Lancome moisturizers, but use other brands too). (Twice a day) I also Exfoliate (Kate Somerville, Estee Lauder, or Peter Thomas Roth make great exfoliators. I tend to switch it up) at least 2-3 times a week. And I will do a Mask and/or Peel (I use a variety) at least once a week.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dezzie1152 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What's your skincare regimen ladies?

Is it day, night or both?  

Are you loyal and do a skincare regimen every day?

Do you use the same specific products or change it up?
I just make sure that I clean it when I have the time. I usually put on cleansers before I go to sleep. I am a very busy person so I do not really have the time to go over a lot of products but this technique helped me maintain my skin so well.  

I use light makeup only and remove it before go to sleep...

I try to wash my face as much as I can. So I feel trouble when I wear makeup :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't change products often... I prefer natural remedies and natural herbal products... i.e Jarvis products..

Also I am not punctual to wear makeup... One more thing... you may not get Jarvis products in market... They just provide clinical trial and give their product to use in special situations only...

I try to keep it simple when it comes to skincare- I think that the closer you are to your skin's natural state, the healthier your skin will be. So I like to keep the products to a minimum. 

AM: 

Wash my face with Biore charcoal cleanser

Moisturize with my own moisturizer made from coconut oil and vitamin e

Apply clinique laser eye cream or what ever the name is

PM: 

Deep clean my skin using my elf powder brush to lather my Biore cleanser, then going in and scrubbing my face with my sephora face scrubby brush thingy.

Moisturize with my same moisturizer

Same eye cream

Maybe once every two weeks i will do s team facial treatment and use a home made mask composed of honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Works wonders and smells delicious!

I have sensitive skin, so I find that having a routine and only changing one or two things at a time helps me to pinpoint exactly what product is causing redness/reactions etc.

AM routine:

- Paula's Choice, Hydralight Cleanser (I really like this cleanser, no tight dry feeling afterwards, but I do personally prefer a foaming cleanser. It's definitely a 'mind' thing why I prefer the foam, so if anyone has any suggestions of a foaming cleanser suitable for sensitive skin I would be very grateful  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

- Paula's Choice, Hydralight Toner (Really great toner)

- Olay, Age Defying Sensitive Skin Moisturiser SPF 15 (like it, but am on the look out for something different)

PM:

- Same cleanser and toner as AM.

- Paula's Choice, 1% BHA Lotion (love this stuff as manual scrubs are too harsh for my skin)

- Olay, Age Defying 2 in 1 Anti-Wrinkle Serum + Cream (I'm not to sure this is actually doing anything particular for my skin but the consistency is nice. Definitely more of a serum than a cream)

- Paula's Choice, Hydralight Moisture Infusing Lotion

In order to get beautiful skin it is important that we follow good skin care routine. I share tips which I follow for my skin:

- Water helps to remove toxins from our body. So, drink 10 glasses of water in a day.

- Always wear sunscreen when you out in the sun prior to 30 minutes. Harmful UV rays damage our skin.

- Don't overwash your face. Just once in the morning and once before going to bed.

- Aloe vera is a wonder plant for our skin.So, extract the juice from aloe vera gel and massage the skin with for 2-3 minutes. Leave for 15 minutes than rinse off. It will not brings glow to skin but also helps to prevent wrinkles.

- Healthy diet is also important for healthy skin. So, eat more green vegetables and fruits in your diet and avoid junk food.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Aloe vera is a wonder plant for our skin.So, extract the juice from aloe vera gel and massage the skin with for 2-3 minutes. Leave for 15 minutes than rinse off. It will not brings glow to skin but also helps to prevent wrinkles.
I use it regularly... and have plant it in my garden....

Back