What is your favorite wrinkle procedure?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally like dermal fillers (specifically Perlane) more than BOTOX, because they don't "freeze" the muscles, which gives you the motionless face and they add volume (see the Perlane suggestion).  Fillers do a nice job of filling in the wrinkles, while still allowing expression and movement.  I just urge ladies to try a small amount first, so you're not left with an overly plump look.  It doesn't hurt to do too little and get some more, as oppossed to having WAY too much at the get go.

I am also afraid of dermal fillers. I have heard a lot of poor reviews about them especially when done in cheap clinics. The best way for me to do it is working with creams. There are already machines that help you apply them more efficiently so their effects last longer and more visible. 

I'm more interested in laser treatments.  There are so many different ones and they are each supposed to accomplish different things for different skin types.  It's on my list of things I want to try someday, specifically for a spot of discolored skin below my left eye.  I don't really have too many wrinkles just yet, but that age/sun spot that popped up a few years ago just drives me nuts!  I also like the idea that laser treatments don't actually put anything into your body, but I have also sworn to "never say never" when it comes to things like this! 

Quote: Originally Posted by Allison Ryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm more interested in laser treatments.  There are so many different ones and they are each supposed to accomplish different things for different skin types.  It's on my list of things I want to try someday, specifically for a spot of discolored skin below my left eye.  I don't really have too many wrinkles just yet, but that age/sun spot that popped up a few years ago just drives me nuts!  I also like the idea that laser treatments don't actually put anything into your body, but I have also sworn to "never say never" when it comes to things like this! 
Wow. These treatments could be too costly but I heard that they work wonders. Also, you have to see to it that you are getting the right treatment. There are lots of laser procedures but not all of them are the right choice for your problems. 

Exactly!  And for your skin type.  I'm kind of olive-y so not super light.  Some of the lasers can damage darker skin because they target pigment (I've been researching lol!).  Looking at the before and after pictures the afters look amazing!

Quote: Originally Posted by Allison Ryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Exactly!  And for your skin type.  I'm kind of olive-y so not super light.  Some of the lasers can damage darker skin because they target pigment (I've been researching lol!).  Looking at the before and after pictures the afters look amazing!
How is your research now? LOL. I have seen a lot of testaments, too, about this operation yet I am still afraid to give it a try. You have got to work with the best doctors yet to make sure that it does not ruin your body. 

I have a friend who has it done regularly and it really does make a difference for her, especially when I compare her to my aunt who gets microdermabrasion regularly.  I think the laser does a better job, but there are just so many to choose from!  I think I'll ask the next time I go in to see my derm. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back